THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is this Tactica any good??

Go down 
+6
Raneth
Thor665
Azdrubael
corollax
Firdeth
Erikjust
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

Is this Tactica any good?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 09:36

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dark_Eldar_Tactica_Part_1

I stumbled upon this when i was researching Dark Eldar, i wanted to hear is this tactica any good?

As i was planning to use it to choose the units in my army, but if he makes too many mistakes and using this list would make a bad army i would rather read a more useful link.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 09:57

Haven't seen it before, I just skimmed through it and it's a very good article IMO. I would say the best out there as most DE advice is suicidal(also one of the reasons I came to this place, at least people know what they are talking about as they actually play DE!).
Wish I would have read it some time ago as the info about how to deal with objectives and KP's would have been welcome BEFORE I lost horribly the first time.
Back to top Go down
corollax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 09:58

Well, it's written by our very own Thor665, so I'd say it's quite good, yes. Very Happy

He's a bit more generous with some of his "competitive" ratings than I would probably be, but the content of his writing is spot on. Very much recommended.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 10:01

corollax wrote:
Well, it's written by our very own Thor665, so I'd say it's quite good, yes. Very Happy

Hah, didn't catch that skimming through it! Laughing Great work Thor, really a good breakdown for new players and for oldies returning to 5th.
Back to top Go down
corollax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 10:10

I'll admit, I'm a bit surprised he didn't give beastmasters a competitive rating. The FOC makes them very easy to include in most lists, and a properly assembled squad is quite resilient. They've got a solid punch against AV10 rear vehicles, too, which is where our lances often struggle.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 10:21

Its very good =)

Thou in 2 month it will need an update .

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 16:50

corollax wrote:
I'll admit, I'm a bit surprised he didn't give beastmasters a competitive rating. The FOC makes them very easy to include in most lists, and a properly assembled squad is quite resilient. They've got a solid punch against AV10 rear vehicles, too, which is where our lances often struggle.
It's because you should fill the FA slots dead last. They're basically the most competitive of the FA slots, but they're inferior to taking Elite, Heavy, or Troop slots and therefore have an adjusted rating to showcase it.

I really should go to some sort of star rating or 1-10 scale or something. It's hard to convey nuances with just three rating scales.

Azdrubael wrote:
Its very good =)

Thou in 2 month it will need an update .
Yeah. There are actually a number of little glitches in there (and some people who did a few derp edits about wargear). But I'm holding off on changing anything till after 6th comes out, because that will almost invariably be a total re-write if even half the rumors are true.

Back to top Go down
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 18:31

On the danish Warhammer Forum Powerfist.dk, i´ve read that Wrecks are never seen in serious tournaments because they are over prized compared to what they do and what they do isn´t good enough compared to the other units out there.

Basically what was said was that:

Dark Eldar Talos Pain / Cronos Parasite Engine

Dark Eldar Grotesque

Dark Eldar Wracks

Dark Eldar Mandrakes

Are fun enough for the fun little games here and there, but in a serious tournament those units will drag you down.
Now i know that Wracks at least a very good rating in the tactica article so what exactly is it that makes some thing that Wracks might be poor choice, is it because they are often used wrong or what?
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 18:58

3 scoring Wracks camping a home objective, and furnishing an IC with a Pain token, and unlocking a 'spare' transport ain't a half bad expenditure of 30 points.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 19:13

I concur - the other Coven units are semi-competitive at best, but Haems and Wracks are unquestionably competitive.

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 19:38

Raneth nailed it right on the head.
The 3 wrack unit is golden in tournament lists for objective based games
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 08:57

Quote :
(and some people who did a few derp edits about wargear).
And i was wondering from where does this Poisoned Agoniser showed up. Surely not from you.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 15:06

wracks are pretty competitive actually. Not only the 3 man scoring unit, but also in units of 5 w/ a liquifer for some more template action (always good, especially against hordes) or heck, even a 10 man unit is decent substitute for an assault oriented unit. You have to think of them as rightly priced assault marines, they have to pick and choose their battle wisely, but what they hit, will get surely mauled.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 20:05

Yep...that be the place where i learned how to play DE, though only recently joined their ranks, and my ow my how fast my oppinion on different list types change. That writing helped a lot but took a while to get through my combat drugged thin skull Smile but it did.

Just hope 6th wont screw over a lot of rules for DE, like 5th did for Tau - for when we lost target priority...that was a murderous bitchlap of cold watter down our spines.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 08:59

Thor665 wrote:
But I'm holding off on changing anything till after 6th comes out, because that will almost invariably be a total re-write if even half the rumors are true.

Well 6th is out, i was just wondering if so much have changed that a complete rewrite of the strategy guide is needed, or if its still good as it is (basically while some units may have gotten a little better they haven´t got good enough to actually change their status from either Poor, semi competitive or competitive)?
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 09:11

These articles were a great help when I first started with DE. I would imagine there is a fair bit of work going from Thor to get these updated for 6th and can't wait to have a read or the new versions once they are finished.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 13:26

@Orthien: you got that right. I do have some tactics i am using so far, but that aint half as good as Thor wrote the 5th ed tacs. So again, thumbs up, and i await the modified 6th ed tacs with anticipation.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Tactica any good??   Is this Tactica any good?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Tactica any good??
Page 1 of 1