THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards

Go down 
+5
Lady Malys
Sky Serpent
Shadows Revenge
Baron Tordeck
Gobsmakked
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards Empty
PostSubject: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 09:19

As of May 14th, 2012, The Dark City's is one year old. In that time, our little corner of the webway has grown from its two founding members, Sky Serpent and Baron Tordeck, to a current total of 1,221 denizens. And it continues to grow at roughly the same 100-new-members-per-month pace.

TDC was the progeny of Sky Serpent. Following the release of our amazing new codex and model range, Sky felt the need for a forum dedicated solely to the True Kin. Baron Tordeck was enlisted to help with the technical side of things, and together they laid the foundations of what rapidly became a huge success after it was officially announced.

The forum was also fortunate enough to count among its early members Lucky No. 5. He designed and created the beautiful banner that has come to symbolize The Dark City and give us a our own unique identity among the 40K community online.

From the very beginning, this community has been blessed with many truly outstanding members and mods, and it continues to be favoured by its members precisely because of the wonderful atmosphere and camaraderie that exists here. Inspirational conversions, experienced painting advice, rational and reasonable tactical suggestions, and terrific fan fiction can all be found here on a daily basis, along with plenty of humour. Freely given in a friendly and respectful manner.

And from a modding point of view, it has been a remarkably easy forum to monitor and maintain, thanks to its excellent body of members.

To help celebrate our first anniversary, we have of course just completed a public nomination and voting process for our first ever Dark City Forum Awards. There are many members here who deserve recognition, not least all of the runners up in each category, but the individuals listed below were singled out by you, the forum members, for their hard work and dedication to community building throughout our first year.

Before we get to them, however, there are three denizens who are the recipients of Sky Serpent's Special Recognition Award for their truly unique contributions to The Dark City's birth and maturation:

Lucky No. 5 - for the gorgeous banner that headlines The Dark City. Lucky's work successfully captures the many elements of the Dark Eldar, all perfectly blended together and balanced by numerous bright colours that help make each page visited come alive.

Baron Tordeck - the boffin who has spent many, many hours working behind the scenes to ensure not only that the forum is set up correctly and runs properly, but also looks and feels the way it does for all of us. Baron has also provided a steady and leading role in moderating the forum.

Local_Ork - for his excellent work in designing and creating the graphics used in the buttons for linking and navigating around the forum, and the icons used to identify the various types of threads. Local has additionally been a highly-valued member of the modding team and a tremendous overall contributor to the forum.

In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to recognise and thank Sky Serpent, without whose vision and generosity this wonderful forum we are addicted to on a daily basis would not exist. Sky is an ever-welcoming presence and is constantly seeking new ways to develop and grow the forum for the benefit of all its members.

And finally, here are the winners as voted by forum members of the 2012 Dark City Forum Awards:

Best Fluff WriterThor665 - Trueborn series, wonderful stories as good as anything published in print.

Best QuoteSorrowshard - "Behold my jack-in-a-box anti psycher death wave *phut* Archon looks at Heamo, looks back at GK's still pounding up the battlefield towards them. "Is that it ?" .... "

Best Strategist - Thor665, what can you say? Encyclopedic knowledge and endless enthusiasm, time and generosity. Toss in some witty repartee, yar!

Best Battle ReportSkari - "20 games to Greatness" series, setting a high standard for all to aspire to, as well as providing much entertainment.

Best PainterSorrowshard - The Invidious Requiem, stunning work capped by a feature spread in GW's What's New section online.

Best ConversionSpeedfreek - Harlequinade Macabre, held everyone spellbound for most of the first year as we all eagerly awaited the next update in the creation of this truly unique army.

Best ModeratorGobsmakked

Best Overall Member - Evil Space Elves, always kind and welcoming, generous with his advice, and inspiring with his conversions and painting. A great forum presence and wonderful sense of humour.

Congratulations to everyone who won and to all nominees. And on a personal note, thank you very much to all those who voted for me, I greatly appreciate the sentiment. This is my first gig at moderating, I have enjoyed it immensely and am really looking forward to continuing with it.

Here's to TDC's second year being every bit as good as its first!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 17:35

Congrats to all the winners. Its because of members like you that this forum is so great today.

Now if the winners could PM me their addresses I have a special gift for you all. Each of you will be getting a set (2) of the custom dice that were ordered per award won. This is my own personal thank you for your help in making this first year the best it could be. I look forward to many more with you and the rest of of our wonderful member base.

Thank You All.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 18:11

congrats all of you. Great members that deserve the praise
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 22:38

I'd like to start by saying congratulations to all of the winners of The Dark City Awards, every winner was well deserved and some a very close call.

It truly has been a great first year and I can't wait for what the future may bring.

There are so many people that I want to thank for their great contributions that it would be impossible to do it here though most have been recognised in the awards and my recognition awards.

I started this forum because I wanted to build a community of Dark Eldar players and so far over 1200 of you have agreed with me.

Here's to many more.

Sky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 22:47

Congratulations to all of you, a well deserved recognition Smile Thanks and here's to the next year!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 00:12

So, can I change my profile pic to this?
The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDDzE4g4SUcvS2aTwGloltEm_AAiGVxOIlZIecDdya4UBwTRvkHQ

Thanks to Gobs for doing all of the work on this (and everything else!!). Let's make the second year even better Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 08:51

Congratulations to all the winners AND the forum of course. I'm amazed it is only one year old as it seems much older (and I mean that in a positive way).
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 00:50

Evil Space Elves wrote:

So, can I change my profile pic to this?

The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDDzE4g4SUcvS2aTwGloltEm_AAiGVxOIlZIecDdya4UBwTRvkHQ

You have absolutely no idea how long I sat at my desk today with my finger on the button!

Where did you find a pic of Thor anyway?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 01:56

My beard is a bit more manly now, but it is a good pic Wink

But, yeah, well deserving wins for a lot of great stuff there, and I rather liked Sky's call outs too.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeSun May 20 2012, 13:46

Hey, thanks for the votes everyone, and well deserved wins for the others !

Almost makes me want to go pick up a brush and add some more stuff to the Requiem.... almost.

M.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2012, 15:29

Sorrowshard wrote:
Hey, thanks for the votes everyone, and well deserved wins for the others !

Almost makes me want to go pick up a brush and add some more stuff to the Requiem.... almost.

M.

well you should atleast do a diarama of your quote, just as a reminder of how awesome it is!!! (or how bad our anti-psychic is... whichever you want) Razz
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2012, 19:16

Still waiting on PMs from

Skari
Thor665
Sorrowshard
Speedfreak

(never thought it would be this hard to give away free dice lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards   The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark City's first anniversary & forum awards
Page 1 of 1