THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) Empty
PostSubject: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:13

I've always used this handle for my DE inspired by an army name from the old GW site (remember it?). Fluff is shaky, but what I have is as follows:

The Kabal of the Stolen Soul was less of a Kabal and more a large group of individuals based around a Kabal, exiled from Commoragh after several sequential failed coups led to them losing all of their territory. They currently travel the darkest corners of the galaxy, docking where no others would see worth in or dare to dock, creating a small network of bases to allow the associated Haemonculi that left the City with them to continue their unusual practices.

Despite their exile, the warband maintain fairly large numbers, mainly due to the bizarre process by which they maintain their slave numbers and convert others to their cause. The Haemonculi that travel with them have mastered a craft by which they can extract all or part of a victim's soul, leaving just enough to provide the spark of life needed to make their warriors function. Using this dark art, they can transfer souls between bodies (and many warriors both in and out of the warband would pay handsomely for what was seen as an instant status upgrade) or even put several souls together into the bizarre constructs known as Soul Prisons, mocking facsimiles of the Wraithlords of their craftworld kin. It is only by this process they can maintain their small numbers of elite Incubi and Wych gladiators, and many other warriors have had small part of their souls extracted for pleasure.

In recent years a successful leadership coup by a young but talented Dracon known as Ufllbca the Hollow led to a radical reform of the warband. Born after the exile, Ufllbca sees no worth in returning to Commoragh and proclaimed himself Dread Archon of his new Corsair band, named the Soul Stealers in homage to its former status. Those who opposed the changes had their souls drained, which became the de facto punishment onboard the fleet.

Ufllbca's new goal is simple; he wishes to liberate the captured Maiden Worlds by turning the aliens upon them into mindless thralls and deporting them from the planets so that Eldar may settle them once again. This had led to him receiving minor support from Harlequins and from the Craftworlds, allowing him to perfect the Soul Prisons by making them from wraithbone.

Rules for the Soul Prison moved to the appropriate forum.

MODERATOR NOTE: Please do not link stuff to your personal blog outside of the forum in a thread. If you want something shared, share it. The thread is not meant to garner higher traffic to your blog. If you want increased blog traffic, it is acceptable to use your forum signature to post a link to your blog. I've gone ahead an pasted your rules into your thread. Thanks. ~Xelkireth

Last edited by Master Bryss on Fri Jun 03 2011, 17:46; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:33

Now that the moderator business is done...

I really like what you've started with. Since your Kabal are exiles, why not bump them up to Corsairs? Corsairs have all the advantages of Dark Eldar, get a little bit more fame/infamy and at the same time, it's easier to work with Craftworlders (fluff-wise that is).

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 16:48

Hmm, nice ideas there. I'd suppose that might als make it a bit easier to gather coveted Wraithbone so I can build more Prisons too. I'll work on it some more. Also, you could have space the rules bit out a bit better since the original attempt didn't. I shall do so now.

Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:30

Not to mention that Corsairs get BEEEEEEES
The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) Rteldar
BEEEEEEEEEEES
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:35

That's sold it for me! Those are some snazzy wings.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:39

Sweet tits, Bryss. I'll get this added to the Corsair list. By the way, you get to be a Dread Archon now. Ooohhhhh.... ahhhhh.... Fancy right?

Dread Archons are the commanders of the Corsair fleets.

By the way... If you change the thread name again, shoot me a PM. I've got your Corsairs hyperlinked, and if the thread name changes, I have to change the URL in the hyperlink.
Back to top Go down
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 17:45

Pirates really do get all the best names. It makes up for the fact that they lose against ninja...wait, I'm an Eldar pirate. Therefore I'm both.

EDIT: Oh, there is a custom rules forum. Excellent, I like to think I'm rather good at them. The Prison rules have been moved.

PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)   The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Soul Stealers Corsair Band (formerly Kabal of the Stolen Soul)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: