THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?

Go down 
+3
Siticus the Ancient
Beaviz81
Firdeth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? Empty
PostSubject: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 22:54

Whilst cleaning up my library I came across the old DE dex and sat down and read it again to remember the good ole days(not that the new ones are bad in any way!). And no I did not finish my cleaning that day...
I read through the scant fluff pieces at the back and came across an interesting story I had almost forgotten.
It is the tale of an escapee, a former prisoner/slave which ends with the nice quote that no one truly leaves Commoragh. What strikes me most is how he talks about some humans actually flourishing, if you could call it that, and working for the Dark Eldar. It is even said they are released so they can infiltrate the Imperium and spread their twisted ways from within.

Though this is an interesting story I wonder if it really fits the DE that well. They see themselves as the superior race so would they really allow mere humans to rise above slave/pet/whatever status? Releasing them baffles me even more unless they are certain it is worth it ie. releasing somebody who can shut down a defence grid so the raid goes better and more slaves can be brought back or even as a psychological tool(survivor horror stories)?

In 3rd edition we did not know that much but now the background has expanded I just cannot foresee this happening on a large scale, if at all. I'd love to know what others think of this.
Can you see this happening or were these just the ramblings of a broken man(or simply outdated fluff)? I personally love the idea but the more I think about it logically the less it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 00:03

Of course some work for the DE, how else do you think they would get their twisted word spread?
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 00:48

Dark Eldar do as they please, and this includes working with humans as well as any other xenos race. Most of them eventually realize what they're really dealing with and die in very gruesome ways (serves them right for trusting even a word from the mouths of the Dark Kin), however, I see nothing to stop some cunning humans gain a bit of a rank in Dark Eldar service, as long as they've got what it takes to survive the ruthless laws of the Dark City.

Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 13:09

I can't imagine them ever achieving a high rank, but they could certainly find work as mecenaries. Of course, they'd always be looked down upon as the mon-keigh that they are, but to the Dark Eldar, every single sort of xenos is mon-keigh. The codex explicitly mentions the Kabals hiring xenos mercenaries, and that there are the occasional ghetto's within Commorragh. My army features an Ork Nob as a counts-as Sslyth.

Basically, I can see them being used as bullet-shields, or doing the work that the Commorrites either don't want or can't do. They'll be sent on the suicide runs, or to infiltrate human societies for the added deliciousness of betrayal to the raid, or into Warp-touched areas, and so on.

Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 15:39

Thanks for all your thoughts! I read through the new dex again and Commoragh does seem to have a number of free Xenos species in it, some as mercs others as traders. My mind is now running wild again thinking about humans loyal to their DE masters infiltrating Imperial ranks...seems plausible. I mean who would they fear more; Imperial law or their dark lords?
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2012, 05:51

This is a fascinating thought, and gives ideas for fluff!!!
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 21:48

People buy into crazier things...like Chaos and the Greater Good.... It's amazing what a few sticks and carrots can do. There's even a case in one of the Eisenhorn books when a xeo cult dedicated to the Dark Eldar is snuffed out by the Inquisition. So you got something that's not only possible, it's been validated by the Black Library.

So do you plan on taking this beyond fluff? Perhaps some cultist allies in larger games?

****, sorry for the necromancy.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 21:55

LTKage wrote:
People buy into crazier things...like Chaos and the Greater Good.... It's amazing what a few sticks and carrots can do. There's even a case in one of the Eisenhorn books when a xeno cult dedicated to the Dark Eldar is snuffed out by the Inquisition. So you got something that's not only possible, it's been validated by the Black Library.

So do you plan on taking this beyond fluff? Perhaps some cultist allies in larger games?

****, sorry for the necromancy.

That's at the begining of Malleus, if I remember correctly, as Eisenhorn has been poisoned by the cultists and their human leader, Sadia Belthame, is the only person with the antidote. The haemonculous in it was almost proud of the humans, in the same way a human can be proud of their dog for not leaving little brown presents all over the carpet.
Anyway, Malleus is a great book, and the cultists working for the DEldar could work really well, seeing as there are rumours about Chaos cultists. I imagine allying them could make an awesome fluff army.

Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?   Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mon-keigh working for DE; yes or no?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: