THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mukslinger
Hellion

how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model? Empty
PostSubject: how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model?   how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model? I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2012, 17:05

The colour scheme of my dark eldar army, not painted yet, will be mostly a mid-tone grey. The trueborn and Hq's will splash in some gold armor bits, like an arm or something. I'm thinking of adding details/symbols in red or possibly a purple.

For the base I was thinking of using some cracked up floor tile and cork. It could go with either cracked desert, concrete, slate or just chunks of stone, lava, or maybe commorragh lower levels.

I was wondering if anyone knew any tips about how to pick bases to complement the models colours. trying to avoid having the model be 'lost' in the base.

you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model?   how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 19:34

There are several ways to go about it, none of them are wrong. What really matters is what you want to convey as the "theme" for your army.

As an Example, my DE army is a desert theme army, I have lots of reddish golds( not metallics) in my army with bone white. The overall tone of my army is reddish gold or like sand at sunset.

The color I have selected for my base, wanting to keep the desert theme, I used a greenish brown as my base color, then highlight up like I would for a desert with more beige sand colors. Since red and green are contrast colors to one another, the model and base stand out fairly well against one another even though they are desert themed and have the same mid tone colors, that being the gold browns.

With my Metallic Silver Skull space marines, I did very earthy browns and greens to contrast the metallics of my marines.

Hope this helps.

how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model? Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/

how do you pick scenic base colours to complement the model?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: