THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

El'uriaq

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 10:45

After reading path of the renegade i decided that the kabal of the white flames really needs some rules for thier half deamon ancient archon. As El'uriaq was supposedly the biggest military power in the webway but easily outsmarted by vect, i figure this should really be vect +1 but without the brains and with deamonish powers. So here goes...

Archon El'uriaq

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
8....8...3..3...4.8.5.10..3+

UNIT TYPE: Infantry

WARGEAR: Armour of Eldanesh, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol, Plasma Grenades, haywire grenades.

Warp Gate: Once per game, you may place D3 large blast templates anywhere within 12 inches of El'uriaq. All models under the templates must pass an initiative test on 2D6, picking the highest result or be removed from play with no saves of any kind allowed.

Staff of lightning: the staff of lightning is an ornate weapon that is electrified to near impossible levels and as such, is a power weapon that always wounds on a 3+.

SPECIAL RULES: Fleet, night vision, power from pain, independant character, fearless, Ancient Nemesis.

The Deamon Within: Every game turn apart fron the first, roll a D6, on the roll of a 1 El'uriaq succumbs to the deamon trapped inside him. Every unit within 6 inches (including his own) suffers D6 + 5 wounds that ignore armour saves, invunerable saves may be taken as normal. Vehicles are not affected. El'uriaq is now removed from play.

? pts

Comment and critique welcome, help with the points value would be appreciated.

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 11:26

I haven't read Path of the Renegade, so I don't really know exactly what El'uriaq is supposed to be able to; one thing I think you should write, though, is what this Armour of Eldanesh does - you wrote rules for the Staff and the Warp Gate, which I am not completely sure about whether it is too good, but The Daemon Within is a quite big counterbalance for his good rules and wargear, so I guess it is ok.
Not sure what he should cost, think I need to know what his armour does before I can suggest a cost.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 11:43

The armour just gives him a 3+ save, doesnt do anything else.

Wych
Enfernux

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 12:00

Has the same stats as Asdrubael Vect, Has a staff that wounds on a 3+ and is pw, like Asdrubael Vect, Has a shadowfield but also an armor that gives him 3+...but then why the armor or why the shadowfield?
Has the ancient nemesis sr...like Asdrubael Vect, has a blast special weapon...well, its a one shot d3 shots and an initiative test has to be rolled. Thats the first normal item i dont se coming from Asdrubael Vect.

Khain, how i hate Vect.

Has a very big drawback. a one in six chance to kill himself and the others around him.

By fluff, theres only that one thing: if he dies once, or succumbs to the demon within himself, i cant seam to find any haemonculy, that would raise a half deamon from the dead.

If he is more daemon like, open the chaos daemon dex and mix some gear and rules with this lad, cause just being the strongest but not the smartest doesnt mean that he has to have the same gear as the smartest...well...mostly.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 13:10

Enfernux wrote:
By fluff, theres only that one thing: if he dies once, or succumbs to the demon within himself, i cant seam to find any haemonculy, that would raise a half deamon from the dead.

He wasnt half deamon untill the haemy raised him, in ressurecting him the heamys accidentally let something from the warp inhabit his body without them knowing. (its in path of the renegade).

Wych
Enfernux

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 13:21

that still doesnt mean a haem will rebirth him. Although its their fault they will never admit it, and they wont do it again to help a warp-spawn fester in one of their archons. So basically fluff wise he is an untill killed once hq.

Back to top Go down
Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 13:35

Enfernux wrote:
that still doesnt mean a haem will rebirth him. Although its their fault they will never admit it, and they wont do it again to help a warp-spawn fester in one of their archons. So basically fluff wise he is an untill killed once hq.

Just like every IC from all the other codices. I don´t think they´ll be able to bring back a dead Tigurius or a dead Aun´va. So, who cares?

Michael

V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 13:40

Enfernux wrote:

Effectively yes, but also fluff wise he is also EL,uriaq, who is very hard to kill. Although the big question is, after El'uriaq died, would the deamon stay in the corpse like El'uriaqs soul or would it just run back to the warp ready to inhabit him again when he was ressurected again because the heamy thought that the Deamon had left his corpse.

Demagoge wrote:
Enfernux wrote:

Just like every IC from all the other codices. I don´t think they´ll be able to bring back a dead Tigurius or a dead Aun´va. So, who cares?

Also in the eldar codex, Elrad's body is dead and his mind is currently locked in an endless struggle so he shouldnt really be present on the battlefield at all.

Wych
Enfernux

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 14:03

the CWE dex says that in 5th ed dex, he wont be in, because he is traped in there, strugling. He is till present in 4th, because its not yet his hour.

Good querrey on the subject of the daemon spirit. I realy cant answer that, for reasons very simple: i dont play chaos daemon Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2012, 22:28

I think, as a special rule, any unit attatched to El'Uriaq should re-roll failed to hit in close combat, or a special bonus for his squad to reflect his charisma and how everyone around him wants to serve the beloved Old Empror of Shaa-dom.

El'uriaq YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

El'uriaq Empty
PostSubject: Re: El'uriaq   El'uriaq I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

El'uriaq
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development