THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos Empty
PostSubject: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 10:42

I was thinking about converting a Canoptek Wraith or a Canoptek Spyder to a Talos.

What do you think? Have anyone done that already?

Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 15:29

Not tried it or seen it, but I think it could work.

What would be the aim? Just to make a cool, unique model? Or do you think you could save money this way? (I don't know whether the 'Cron vehicles are cheaper than the Talos but I wouldn't have thought it would be a saving with the extra bits you'd need.)
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 18:27

I haven't seen any either, but I do think it is a great idea. Personally, I think that the FW Tomb Stalker would make the best Talos conversion, but I would never buy one just to cut up.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 20:05

on looks, the old talos was better Razz basically if you give it blades, chains a little "flesh" and anything can be a talos nowdays...like Cavash's new bed...ups
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 21:39

The aim is to make a special talos and to save some money. I will save a bit if I can make three talos out of the wraith kit^^

Plan is that one box of three wraiths+one talos will make three talos. Will be cheaper, but in the end, do I need three talos?
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 21:58

NiteOwl wrote:
Plan is that one box of three wraiths+one talos will make three talos. Will be cheaper, but in the end, do I need three talos?

Now, that does sound like a plan. Perhaps you can do a Cronos too? And of course have plenty of leftover parts to make Grotesques, etc.

Alternatively use just one or two wraiths and see if you can resell the leftovers to Necron players?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2012, 22:19

Ben_S wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

Now, that does sound like a plan. Perhaps you can do a Cronos too? And of course have plenty of leftover parts to make Grotesques, etc.

Alternatively use just one or two wraiths and see if you can resell the leftovers to Necron players?

That sounda like an idea! I will report back when I get some results^^
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 19:50

The Wraith kit is my favorite non-vehicle kit since... well, since the Talos, actually.

The idea of using 1 Wraith kit and 1 Talos kit to make three Talos (or 2 Talos and 1 Cronos) sounds extremely viable. The Talos kit has a TON of extra bits, including a wide variety of masks and fiddly bits. Even after kitbashing extensively, expect to have a lot of leftover bits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos   Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canoptek Wraith/Spyder as Talos
Page 1 of 1