THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MurderingBastard
Slave
MurderingBastard

1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels  Empty
PostSubject: 1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels    1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2012, 20:08

Until 6th drops, I'm just looking to play some stupid/fun lists to play stuff I don't ordinarily take and see how it goes. In my regular gaming group, got to play a 1750 game last night and had some fun with a WWP list. My list:

Urien Rakarth
Haemonculus w WWP
Grotesques x 10 (S6, Aberration w/ Scissorhand, Liquifier)
Wracks x 5, Liquifier
Wracks x 5, Liquifier
Wracks x 3
Reavers x 6, Heat Lance 2
Talos - Chain Flails, TL Heat Lance, 2nd CCW Arm > TL Liquifier

Like I said, dumb list. I never take this few troops, but I just wanted to smash things.

His list:
Librarian (Fear of the Darkness, Shield)
Sang Priest w/ Power Weapon, Jump Pack
Chaplain w/ Jump Pack
Vindicator
Vindicator
Land Raider Crusader
Land Raider Crusader
6 Assault Terminators (3 TH/SS, 3 LC)
5-man Assault squad (in one Crusader)
5-man Assault squad, jump packs, MG, Power Weapon
10-man Assault squad, jump packs, 2 MG, Power Weapon

Luckily for me, his list was also not that great, IMO.

Mission was NOVA Style, with Kill Points-Table Quarters-Objectives, Dawn of War deployment. I win deployment/first turn roll and take it. I place Haemonculus and 3-man Wrack squad dead center. I should note that Urien gave me 3 bonus tokens from his power, making the Grotesques (he was with them) fearless, the 3-man squad I deployed fearless, and one Wrack squad FC. I wish he could give tokens to Talos, but meh. Everything else I have deploys via reserve. My friend deploys nothing. His jump pack Marines will enter via normal reserves (not deep strike) and the rest rolls on turn 1.

So, my turn, I run forward, pop a webway portal. Unit is in area terrain dead center and they've done their job.

His turn, he races in 12 and thinks he can surround the portal to prevent the Talos and Grotesques from entering. Uhm, ok. One land raider immobilizes itself (with terminators) on terrain, they jump out, planning to run to portal. The rest of his army shoots my one unit and kill off all but one wrack who goes to ground. The terminators have nothing to assault now so they run... 1".

My turn, I get 2 Reavers, 2 Talos, 1 Wracks. No Grotesques. Sad But more than enough.

Talos enter, one lining up towards immobillized LRC, other in front of Terminators. Wracks line up liquifier on Terminators. Reavers fly out and have JUST ENOUGH to get to rear of Vindicators. Shooting ensues. TL Heat Lance on Talos explodes LRC. Reaver heat lances explode one Vindicator (Shield of Sanguinous provides no save) that kills 4 jetbikes. Oops. Other Vindicator is shaken on a glance. Talos rolls AP1 on liquifier, killing 3 Terminators. Heat Lance is stopped by a SS. Wracks roll AP2, kill one more Terminator with their liquifier. Jetbikes fail Ld and flee. Wracks and Talos assault. Talos gets 6 on Chain Flails... Terminators die. Talos gets Pain Token.

Friend's turn 2, no assault marines enter play. His shaken Vindi tank shocks through Wracks (they pass) and pops smoke. Other LRC pivots. Libby gets out, tries to Fear the Jetbikes. They pass, oddly enough. LRC fires most into non-tokened Talos, puts Hurricane Bolters into non-fleeing Jetbikes. Bolters kill bikes (forgot my jetbike move to get into a crater) and his Assault Cannon rends three freaking times to kill the Talos.

My turn 3, Grotesques appear, 3rd Talos appears, last Wracks appear. Final Jetbikes still hiding. He moved nothing near my fleeing Jetbikes, so they rally and consolidate into cover. The grotesques amble towards the smoked Vindi and the new Talos moves towards LRC. It's shot fails to hit, and the other Talos, in double-tap range, hits, but fails to pen/glance. Talos charges LRC and Grotesques assault the Vindi. Talos gets 6 attacks (thank you chain flails) which auto-hit (thanks for not moving), resulting in 4 pens, 2 glances. It is wrecked, Marines inside are forced out and pinned. Grotesques throw 47ish S7 attacks at Vindi, only manage 5 hits and 2 pens, but one's a wreck, so down it goes.

Game's pretty much over at this point; was probably over when he tried to circle portal and failed (and had no idea what Grotesques and Talos could do). But his Assault Marines enter, shoot up some jetbikes and kill a wrack squad.

My turn, jetbikes enter, Bladevane over the disembarked Marines, killing the Sarge and 2 grunts. Talos ambles over to the Librarian and says hello. Other talos hits big Assault Marine squad, Grotesques hit the other. Not as lucky on Liquifier rolls this time; they do jack, but a Heat Lance zaps a Marine. Talos runs through wreckage enough to assault Marines, other Talos piles into Librarian. Grotesques assault 4" and just reach Assault marines. Talos pulps the Librarian, and other Talos kills off five assault Marines, taking a Chaplain power weapon wound. Fearless saves kill another Marine and it's just the Sang Priest and Chaplain left. Grotesques deal 15ish wounds (not all could reach) and kill three Marines, but Marines deal 2 wounds back.

At this point, it is really over. He has 2 assault Marines left outside of combat, and two squads near death fighting a Talos and 30+ wounds of Grotesques and Urien Rakarth. We call it, massacre for the Dark Eldar.

While there wasn't a lot to be learned from this game, in all honesty, it was still fun to use units I don't normal use (Talos, Grotesques, Urien) and have them perform. My opponent, honestly, couldn't have handed himself over to me much more if I had asked him to (please, move your entire army in assault/heat lance range, pretty please), so I don't know about the viability of the Talos or Grot-Star in a normal game. But the twin-linked Liquifier? Nasty. Heat Lances when you actually get to use them? Nasty. Talos against Assault Marines? Nasty.

All in all, a fun game for me (and a gracious opponent, as always), something I needed while I battle a little 5th Ed fatigue and 6th Ed rumormill exhaustion.

Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels    1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 23:44

I understand the notations of this being a "fun" list but it quite normal for me to run (albeit a bit more streamlined). I also think what you experienced is generally how most of my games go as well - the opponent rushes forward not understanding what he is doing for us. My lists are generally the same as yours except of using bikes I am using Scourges instead. My wrack squads are larger, my grotesque squad smaller but pretty much the same as yours and I am not calling it a "fun" list, it is a serious list that I am yet to flat out lose with.

I am curious though of this:

"Talos rolls AP1 on liquifier, killing 3 Terminators."

I look back at your list and notice you added twin-linked liquifiers to a Talos that has chain-flails. As I understand that it is one or the other but you can not take both and buying an extra CCW weapon doesn't allow you to add it either. So I think this is not right and not allowable.

So my recommendation is for you to drop the Chain-Flails and keep the Liquifiers. The talos tends to do more with the liquifiers than the chain flails provide as usually my Talos can crush armor without the help of the flails. Just my preference.

What was the combat drug roll for the bikes?

Other than that you pretty much experienced the same luck as I do with the Talos and Grotesques - they pretty much assault straight out of the portal and crush what ever they can get their hands on. I will admit though I play at 2k points with 2 portals, wracks on raiders and 3 haemys.

Glad to see you had fun with the list though, do not underestimate those units - I think they can be a pain in the arse for any opponent to deal with so I hope you try them again soon.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels    1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 23:03

Worst part about that DE list? I actually sort of liked it. With a few tweaks, I think it would be actually pretty decent.

Keeping it evil since 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels    1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750: DE WWP vs Blood Angels
Page 1 of 1