THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Modernized Splinter Raid Force

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

A Modernized Splinter Raid Force Empty
PostSubject: A Modernized Splinter Raid Force   A Modernized Splinter Raid Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 08:35

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post but it's worth a try.

So I have an Apocalypse mega battle coming up but I don't have 1500 points worth of Dark Eldar, let alone 3000. It's a team battle and I've been trying to cook up a few solutions. My best idea involves using the Splinter Raid Force and several DE stratagems from the Apocalypse Reloaded book. I wanted to update the Splinter Raid Force to include Trueborn and Venoms. The basic plan is this:

(1) Deploy Splinter Raid Force such that it blocks the advance of the opposing force but does not reduce the potential of allied fire support.

(2) Crack open priority targets and transports with Dark/Heat Lance fire.

(3) Use Flyer Rules with Night Shields to reduce effective shooting distance of all non-AA units by 18"

(4) Use Lords of Twilight to reduce damage potential of Heavy Weapons/Vehicles

(5) Use Webway Assault to deploy Wyche squads into newly created hole. Note that I could be allied with another DE player, which would allow his Wyches/Grotesques/Talos Pain Engines to deploy via WWP as well.

The idea here is to hit the enemy as hard as I can with as much speed as I can muster. Hopefully, the combination of range reduction and flyer rules would allow this Alpha Strike a second hit. WWPs allow for rapid deployment, hopefully tying down enemy forces and allowing my allies to bring the hurt on.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: A Modernized Splinter Raid Force   A Modernized Splinter Raid Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 20:20

No takers?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: A Modernized Splinter Raid Force   A Modernized Splinter Raid Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 23:08

guess we dont much play apo here...i dont even know what Lords of Twilight are.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: A Modernized Splinter Raid Force   A Modernized Splinter Raid Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 23:27

Enfernux wrote:
guess we dont much play apo here...i dont even know what Lords of Twilight are.

Why, we are the Lords of Twilight, are we not?

But yeah, it sure looks that way.

Basically, you get stratagems in Apocalypse. Lords of Twilight makes your enemy use Night Fight rules for one of his shooting phase, except that you role once for all units.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Modernized Splinter Raid Force   A Modernized Splinter Raid Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Modernized Splinter Raid Force
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: