THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Verbal Underbelly
Slave
Verbal Underbelly

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 22:18

Hi gang members so I've been on this project for ages and I've had a nightmare finding a suitable paint scheme for these guys so I've not made much progress on the tactics and gaming front. Now, I've recently discovered the joys of The Army Painter and this has made my life SO much easier. So, now I'm in a position to finally put an army together and would like the forum's thoughts on my list. I'm putting most of the models together so I'm able to be flexible. I have a few spare models but I'm thinking I'd like advice on the below list's equipment load out more than anything. Ta.

Archon
Blast Pistol, Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher,
Combat Drugs & Shadow Field.

4 Incubi

5 Kabalite Trueborn
2 Dark Lances.

10 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster, Splinter Cannon,
Sybarite w/ Agoniser & Phantasm Grenade Launcher.

10 Wyches
Shardnet & Impaler, Haywire Grenades,
Hekatrix w/ Agoniser.

3 Reavers
Heat Lance.

Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields & Flickerfield.

Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields & Flickerfield.

Venom
2 Splinter Cannon, Night Shields & Flickerfield.

Total 996
Back to top Go down
http://www.fluidfour.com
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:14

hello there.
first, lose the blast pistol on the archon. he will want to cc enemies with the incubi, so he will be fleeting, and wont take shots against vehicles.
kaballite trueborn are better off with blasters, so i'd say drop the lances, drop one trueborn, and equip the whole squad with blasters.
lose the cannon on the warriors, forget the sybarite all in all. If that squad gets charged they are toast anyways.
wyches good.
raiders good.
venom...well good.
reavers...not so good. i would up them to a 6 bike squad for 2 HL, or replace the entire squad with scourges and DS them with either HL or Haywire Blasters.
OR get some ravager fun.

as it goes, i would poot the archon with the incu in a venom with cannons in this composition, put the 4 trueborn with blasters - aka blasterborn - in a venom with cannons, use squads of warriors of 5 kaballites with a blaster in venoms with cannons, use wyches as you did equip them - some would argue the shardnet, i personally like it.
a good composition for 1k pts would be like:

archon 145 - agoniser, shadowfield, PGL, c.drugs
4 incubi 88
venom 65 - dual cannons

4 blasterborn 108 - blasters
venom 65 - dual cannons

5 warriors 60 - blaster
venom 65 - dual cannons

9 wyches 1 hekatrix 170 - spec weapon, agoniser, HWG
raider 70 - flickerfield

ravager 115 - flickerfield
ravager 115 - flicekrfield

966 pts.

or -1 ravager +1 blasterborn in venom 1024 pts.
and since 1024 pts is 1Kpts, i guess we are good. Smile Sorry for the informatic joke Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:21

This is a good list and Enfernux's avice is good too.

I only have one thing to point out, Verbal Underbelly, Venoms cannot take Flickerfields, only Nightshields.

1000 Points YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:50

yeah, they have ff built in Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Verbal Underbelly
Slave
Verbal Underbelly

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:54

@Cavesh: Venom's come with a flickerfield bro...

@Efernux: Thank you for your advice. I don't have 2 ravagers though so that list isn't going to work for me right now. Also, a lot of people talk about having blasterborn I have a question of practicality... where do people get the actual blaster models from? You get one blaster per box of Kabalite Warriors. I bought a box of those and the battalion so I own only two blasters... Sad
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:57

Oh darn, my plans have been ruined. Now how my Venoms be better than everyone else's? Very Happy

1000 Points YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 23:58

ebay?

Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17 2012, 03:12

Most people like to convert shredders into blasters using the blast pistol. Turns out nice and you don't have to pay $13 for them off some bits site because ebay sure don't sell them. I think someone did a tutorial on how to convert them if you look in Local Ork's list of tutorials down in Painting & Modelling.

Ben_S
Sybarite

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17 2012, 16:59

Lord Clazaryn wrote:
Most people like to convert shredders into blasters using the blast pistol. Turns out nice and you don't have to pay $13 for them off some bits site because ebay sure don't sell them. I think someone did a tutorial on how to convert them if you look in Local Ork's list of tutorials down in Painting & Modelling.

Yeah, here's the link:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2287-how-to-make-blasters-from-a-shredder-and-a-blast-pistol#24148

I'm sure I did read someone who said he could get four blasters out of one box. One's the original, one like this, I think another was a cut down dark lance - unfortunately I forget the whole instructions and where I saw it.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's necessary even to go this far with the shredder. I think if you simply cut off the ammo bit and the bits on the side of the barrel then it might pass as a blaster without having to swap the actual barrel. Most opponents probably wouldn't know/notice the difference anyway!
Back to top Go down
Verbal Underbelly
Slave
Verbal Underbelly

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 11:57

Oh wow that's a great tutorial. That means I can potentially create 2 additional blasters for my army. Great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Points   1000 Points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists