THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July

Go down 
+15
KnightSeerValkia
Hekate
thejamppa
Gobsmakked
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
Allandrel
Ben_S
Count Adhemar
Phototoxin
Nomic
Siticus the Ancient
tlronin
Sorrowshard
Sky Serpent
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 21:36

Several DE models are being Finecasted on July 21st. Good news for those who like the new resin and didn't want to tackle a metal Clawed Fiend but bad for those who didn't think a Khymerae could get more expensive. Debate is on whether Drazhar is a new sculpt although I would doubt it.

Dark Eldar Razorwing Flock - $12.25 - $16.50
Dark Eldar Prisoners - $8.00 - $13.25
Dark Eldar Beastmaster - $15.00 - $19.25
Dark Eldar Clawed Fiend - $22.25 - $24.75
Drazhar, Master of Blades - $15.00 - $19.25
Dark Eldar Khymerae - $14.00 - $19.75 (New price is for 2!??)

Original post edited with release date and prices in USD.

The website I got this information from says that the Khymerae will be in a clampack of 2. That's a dramatic (well, for GW) saving if true.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Tue Jun 19 2012, 17:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 23:22

Hmm, what are the uk prices looking like ? I want beastmasers but hate finecrap, the prices would need to take a major hit to make me put my hand in my pocket .....

Also I hope it's a new Drazhar model not just the old one regurgitated in finecrap .....

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 07:39

Sorrowshard wrote:
regurgitated in finecrap .....
lol!

As for Drazhar having a new sculpt and Khymerae packed per 2, well goes without saying that I pray to the dark muses that this is true ofcourse.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 08:03

Well, Necrons are getting two last special characters right about the same time (two characters without artwork in the codex, I might add), so it'd be a really silly move to simply release old Drazhar in derpcast.

Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 09:52

I'm pretty sure it's the old one. GW seems to like releasing their characters in waves (like how we recently got 3 Necron characters and now we get the remaining 2) and rarely seems to release ones from two codices at the same time, so when they'll release a new Drazhar he'll probably be accompanied with a few other characters (I'm hoping Baron and Vect, but I feel Decrapitator might be more likely seeing how he has artwork in the codex).

Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 11:12

I'm just using converted hounds of chaos as khymere and evil wood elf woodland spites as razorwing flocks.

I suspect drazy is not a new mini.

Also here's hoping that 6th will buff the decapitator
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 16:58

Well, here's me thanking the Dark Muses that I never paid for the Khymerae before and certainly never will now.

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 17:37

It's possible that the Khymerae are cheaper if re-packaged: I think this happened with both Tomb King Ushabti and Carrion. In any case though, I plan to convert mine out of plastic, as with everything else in my army, rather than use either metal or Finecast.

Phototoxin wrote:
I'm just using converted hounds of chaos as khymere and evil wood elf woodland spites as razorwing flocks.

I have some Vampire Count Dire Wolves that I'm intending to use myself. I'm interested to know which sprites you have in mind. You don't just mean dryads I take it?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 17:47

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July IMG_7930

There are several sprites on most/if not all of the Wood Elf plastic kits. I've never thought of this an idea before but it is certainly an interesting one.

If the Khymerae really are a 2 pack then they will actually go down in price. I love the models but it is down to the player what they really deem worth it.

Editing the threads description so that people aren't mislead into thinking that these are new models.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 18:06

That's exactly it. I really need to put on more per base. Essentially if the kymere come from the dream/nightmare realm the sprites are coming from there too and so are vicious liitle blighters!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 23:08

I too love the khymerae models but can't justify paying the money for them.

I took advantage of the variety of creatures Beastmasters are supposed to have access to when converting mine. My (as yet unpainted) unit includes packs of VC ghouls (two to a base) counting as razorwing flocks and banshees (from the VC Mortis Engine) as Khymerae. The Beastmasters themselves are based on the Pale Handmaidens from the VC Coven Throne, mounted on "hover-thrones" made from Hellion skyboards and the seat from the Dark Elf Dragon kit.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 01:25

If the Khymerae actually go to a 2-pack for $20 I would go for them. I can't see not converting hellions for the beastmaster. The Razorwing flocks have had me looking for a good GW substitute to use in tournaments, though I have to admit that I'm not that fond of the unit in general.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 03:53

Evil Space Elves wrote:
If the Khymerae actually go to a 2-pack for $20 I would go for them.

I agree with ya there. I always loved the Khymerae model but at the price per model I felt it was too much. '2 for 20' would really work better for me, plus being finecast now they would be easier to convert.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 17:51

I would like a Finecast Clawed Fiend or two, I love that model, but the price makes me hesitate still (assuming that 2nd price listed is the Canadian mark-up). I haven't seen any in local stores since it was first released. I may try for metal to save some $$$, metal wouldn't be bad for that model. Finecast would be better and you would think it'd be hard to screw that one up in FC, but my latest experiences with my new Necrons are actually pointing me back to metal.

If Khymerae switch to a two-fer, I would guess that to be an indication that they have sold bugger all since they were released, with most players opting for 5-model alternative sets. I would still go that route because it's cheaper and I do not like the new Khymerae models. Might get some prisoners and Razorwing flocks, but I already have two classic Drazzies.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 23:06

GW just removed all Drzahar, beasties and others from webstore. And I just meant to buy Drazhar... I highly doub it will be a new sculpt. No new sculpts have been made finecasts when metal ones were turned. Same sculpt was used so far. It costs so dang much to make new molds and sculpts...

But atleast they're getting hang on the FineCra... I mean FIneCasts. They're much better what I've gotten lately than what they were at beginning. No way Khymeraeäs go in multipacks. Neither did Grotesques when they were changed to FIneCasts...

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 23:43

I agree, they are slowly getting a hang of the Finecast side. Some of the new blisters at the local store look absolutely flawless. I'm still holding fingers crossed for a new model for Drazhar. They've made him so much better in 6th, he now needs a model to match!

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 14:51

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod1630060a

My word, they actually are in a two pack! Is this the first thing that actually got cheaper when put into Finecast? Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 15:06

Evil Space Elves wrote:
My word, they actually are in a two pack! Is this the first thing that actually got cheaper when put into Finecast? Razz

I don't think so - as I said on 19th June:

Ben_S wrote:
It's possible that the Khymerae are cheaper if re-packaged: I think this happened with both Tomb King Ushabti and Carrion.

Still not cheap though, especially compared to some of the obvious plastic conversion material.
Back to top Go down
Hekate
Slave
Hekate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 15:47

They look nice. I am not a huge fan of Finecast, but I think these look really nice.

Not cheap, but I may have to consider beasts after all.

Such sweet corruption. ~ Lady Xanthypi, Kabal of the Malevolent Eye

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July MalevolentEye2
[color=indigo]http://malevolenteye.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 17:20

Well, I am glad that I was wrong about Khymeraes. Nice to see two in same pack. I might order Drazhar and see how the cast is with him.

Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 19:33

Khymera's in Finecast...and 2 of them for less then 2 metal ones, awesome!

Also, the Beastmaster....I have plans for him >=D

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior
Starstrider

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 19:45

KnightSeerValkia wrote:
Khymera's in Finecast...and 2 of them for less then 2 metal ones, awesome!

Also, the Beastmaster....I have plans for him >=D

Agreed, the repackaging of the Khymerae is really rather good. It's almost as if GW listened to their customers on pricing, lol Razz I may actually add a unit of Beasts to my army now. Khymerae are cheaper and you don't have to worry about the Razorwings or Beastmaster falling over and chipping now either. The models are also gorgeous! Not to mention that Beasts have gotten a slight boost in the new rules. Win! Win! Smile The WWP nerf does hurt them a tad but that's a discussion for another time in another place.

What sort of plans? I'm intrigued now.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 20:00

actually the WWP didn't hurt beasts a lick. Think about it. You can deploy them 1/3 of the way up the field (for sanities sake, we'll just say 24"), then they can move 12" (putting you at 36 inches) then you get a 2d6 charge range, putting you only a couple of inches short of where the WWP would put you normally. Add to that the fact that beasts ignore penalties to moving through cover, and you really wont notice a nerf at all. Just no reason to run beasts out of a WWP anymore, as they do just as well, or better, out in the open.

Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 00:31

Err they can't assault on the turn they come in via wwp . That's the problem. Beast unit is still horrifically overpriced for a propper unit and I'm particularly miffed it's the crappy old drazhar model. Fat chance we'll see a decent new model for him this side of a sixth ed DE book....

Not fussed about the lack of vect either as for his cost he's rubbish in 6th...

Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 01:25

My point was that you can do just as well with beasts without a webway portal in 6th as you could WITH one in 5th...

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July   Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Finecast Wave in July
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next