THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabal of the Barbed Heart
Slave

Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.    Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 20:36

This is my first time post. Ive been working on this Kabal for a while now, before the new codex came out as I used to just collect the Kabal of the Black Heart , but with all the new fluff that has come out I decided it was time to properly make my own personal Kabal and begin my own bloody saga to add to my other 40k armies.

The Kabal of the Barbed Heart
The Kabal of the Barbed Heart is known as, if such a thing is possible, one of the most debased, and unstable Kabals of the Dark city. This said, they are also one of the most active, with the Kabal often ending one realspace raid only to launch a new one or launch into a full scale war within Commorragh itself. This has led to them earning a moniker as mercenaries, and as a convenient way to wage a war against a rival Kabal, without actually committing their own troops and resources to the battles.
On the battle field though there is no doubt that the Kabal lives up to its reputation as brutal, even by Dark Eldar standards, and while no Dark Eldar would ever turn away from an orgy of blood shedding, many have said that watching the Barbed Heart wage war is an unsettling event.
When the fighting is done and the slaves taken, the Kabalites of the Barbed Heart will gather up all the dying from the battlefield and drag them to their ships. While the slaves bound for Commorragh are headed for terrors beyond imagining, those left with the Kabal of the Barbed Heart are in for a fate worse than death. It is at this time the Kabal is truly seen in all it perverse and debauched furry. In perverse rituals that can last for days, a Kabalite will pick a slave, while the best invariably go to the Dracons and Trueborns, enough are usually left so all of the real-space raiders can have a slave to feast upon. The Organs of the Victim are slowly taken out and consumed by a dark Eldar, until finally the still beating heart is bloodily ripped from the victim and consumed in front of them, until they are finally allowed to die, their final death screams feeding their tormentors.

Archon: Ale’ri Xandrath: Female
Ale’ri Xandrath was once an Incubus of the Obsidian Maw. After a particularly bloody battle Ale’ri fell upon one of the corpses and proceeded to cannibalise it. When the Hierarch heard of this he immediately ordered her to be executed, as self-discipline was a trait prized above all in the Obsidian Maws ranks. Before the execution however, Ale’ri slaughtered her way out of the temple, leaving fully half of the Incubi in the temple dead, and many wounded.
On the brink of death Ale’ri fled to the dark cities lower levels, becoming a powerful force in the slums. For almost a decade she worked by herself, slaughtering everything in sight as a vent for her fury that she had been unable to satiate as an Incubi. However, Ale’ri almost met her death due to her blind rage. In one of her many fits of rage, Ale’ri climbed the tower of the Kabal of the Obsidian Rose, seeking the bounty of weapons that the Kabal was known for. What she had not anticipated however was the uneasy alliance between the Obsidian Rose and the Reaver clans that surrounded their tower. On the brink of death Ale’ri truly saw the world again, realising that even she could not prevail on her own she set about securing her dominance over the lower city.
Xandrath first secured the help of a Haemonculi of the Hex Coven, allowing her to gain a small but potent amount of followers. With the help of the newly formed Kabal of the Barbed Heart, Ale’ri stormed the temple of the Obsidian Maw, killing all the Incubi in the temple, Ale’ri herself faced off against the Hierarch of the temple and slew him in single combat.
Thus the Kabal of the Barbed Heart rose and grew under Ale’ri’s iron grip, rising from the lower slums to high Commorragh itself. The Kabal of the Barbed Heart has now become powerful enough that it has its own Wych cult and has even allied itself with a powerful Haemonculi coven, as well as holding various small alliances with the various reaver and hellion gangs around the Gorging tower that is the Kabals home.
Ale’ri has never truly trusted Incubi since her near death experience at the hands of her own temple, never the less, she has personally overseen the training of 5 handpicked trueborn and Bloodbrides, schooling them in the arts of the Incubi, and equipping them with the remnants of the Obsidian Maw’s armoury. Thus Ale’ri has her own personal bodyguard of Incubi, without the aloof attitude of true Incubi.

Thats about it, I'm not sure whether I should write some rules for the Archon or just use generic Archon rules.
Any feedback is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.    Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 20:58

First of all, welcome to the Dark City.

This was a great read, and I like how ritualised your Kabal is. They certainly sound angry, and I can imagine that they are much more trecherous than the kabalites of some Kabals due to their brutal nature.

I like your Archon charecter very much. It allways warms my withered heart to see an Incubus slaughter their own kind.

Good job, are you going to write anymore about your Kabal?

Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.    Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 07:12

Yes, this was mostly just for fun, and yes they certainly are an angry bunch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.    Kabal of the Barbed Heart.         Feedback is both welcome and wanted.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Barbed Heart. Feedback is both welcome and wanted.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: