THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kill Team list for campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyrex Deledras
Hellion

Kill Team list for campaign Empty
PostSubject: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 16:44

Hey everyone,

Tomorrow, I'll start participating in a Kill Team campaign my local GW store will start running as a way to segue into 6th. The campaign rules are as follows:

-200 pts drawn up using the Kill Team rules (so I may use up to 1 Elites choice, 1 Fast Attack and/or 2 Troops, and all models will count as individual units. Dedicated transports will be allowed)
-I may take up to 1 Flyer for free. Races that don't have flyers yet will instead be allowed to take an agreed-upon Heavy Support or Fast Attack choice

With this in mind, I have three possible ideas for the Kill Team. The first option is just a humble squad of Wyches:

-8 Wyches- haywire grenades, Hekatrix w. agonizer- 126
-Raider- flickerfield- 70
Total: 196

My main worry, though, is that Wyches without a Haemie to give them FNP (I'll only have the Kil Team rules to give it to one girl), and facing the firepower of enemy fliers, might not do so well.

Option 2 is Trueborn a-plenty:
-5 Trueborn- 3 blasters, 2 splinter cannons
-Venom- extra splinter cannon
Total: 190

This Kill Team packs an incredible amount of firepower....and is only five models, making it incredibly fragile.

Option 3 is the numbers game:
9 Warriors- blaster, Sybarite w. ghostplate armour & power weapon
-Raider- flickerfield
Total: 191

Bear in mind as well that I'm limited by my actual model collection, so Reavers, Hellions, Beastmasters and Scourges aren't an option. Ditto for Wracks.

Regardless of which option I go with, my flyer of choice will be:

-Razorwing Jetfighter- 4 shatterfield missiles, flickerfield, night shield

Any comments/ideas?
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 17:05

take the middle road? Both warriors and wyches, put them on foot?

Or a venom with a small squad delivering a WWP? Must save some points...
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 17:57

Tiresias wrote:

Or a venom with a small squad delivering a WWP? Must save some points...

A Haemo with WPP, wracks + venom cost you 170 points. What do you want to bring out of the wwp, a Beastmaster with a single Khymera?

@ OP:

I somewhat dislike the fact that dedicated transports are allowed like that. Would totally kill the fun of Kill Team for me and the free flier is somewhat even more unbalanced as KT is anyway. Sigh.

I would suggest you the Trueborn like you already posted them, they should do their job.

Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 18:07

Scyrex Deledras wrote:
Hey everyone,
Option 2 is Trueborn a-plenty:
-5 Trueborn- 3 blasters, 2 splinter cannons
-Venom- extra splinter cannon
Total: 190

I like this option myself. And since you have the points, why not add Night Shields?
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 07:44

SleepyPillow wrote:
I somewhat dislike the fact that dedicated transports are allowed like that. Would totally kill the fun of Kill Team for me and the free flier is somewhat even more unbalanced as KT is anyway. Sigh.

Yeah I agree. Seems to totally bend the idea behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team list for campaign   Kill Team list for campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill Team list for campaign
Page 1 of 1