THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnside44
Slave
Burnside44

Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  Empty
PostSubject: Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters    Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 19:57

I was wondering if you had a group of Kabalite Warriors with a Dracon and the Dracon has a phantasm grenade launcher and a Archon joins that group would the Archon have the grenades too because the codex states that "A model with a phantasm grenade launcher counts as having both assault and defensive grenades, as does any squad he joins." but does that mean that a character that joins a squad with a phantasm grenade launcher also gains assault and defensive grenades. Fruit for thought reply if you got an opinion on this subject.lol
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters    Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 20:03

Yes they would, as the PGL effects the entire squad with Offensive and Defensive grenades

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters    Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 20:14

Additionally, Archons along with most Special HQ's have Plasma Grenades naturally. Something to remember.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters    Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 21:12

To my mind, the key point is when it says, 'as does any squad'. For these purposes, any independent character 'joins a squad' and becomes part of that squad, for the purposes of morale tests etc, so why should the effects of a PGL be any different.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters    Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Independent Characters
Page 1 of 1