THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar deployable scenery.

Go down 
+3
succorax
Siticus the Ancient
The_Burning_Eye
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Dark eldar deployable scenery. Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 19:35

So i've been thinking about scenery alot recently. Mainly because I've now obtained all the necessary paperwork study from the wife to use part of the garage for a gaming table and I'm finally getting on with building stuff.

So my first point of call is a ruined imperial weapons research station (lots of extra weapons from all those space marine and guard tanks I've painted over the years) and that got me thinking, unless I'm going to build my board to actually be a part of Commorragh, which I'm not (seriously, being invaded would just be embarrassing!), all my dark eldar scenery would have to be stuff brought from Commorragh to the battlefield. I've got a few ideas.

Webway gateway.
Early stages of thinking at the moment, but there's going to be raider prows, and either spare sail parts or rudders to create a larger, deployable but not man portable gateway.

Deployable fire points.
ok so I can see DE needing to be able to hold a building etc for a period of time, and whilst orks 'loot' imperial stuff, I can't really see DE wanting to 'own' a building like that. I was just looking through my bitz box and saw some spare reaver canopies. one of them was just lying at the right angle and I thought 'gun shield'. I've got no pictures yet, but under construction are three deployable disintegrator cannon turrets cobbled together from reaver canopies and tailerons, raider rudders and disintegrator cannons, and razorwing missiles. I'll take some pics later and let you see how I'm getting on, but I think there's mileage in this sort of thing, imperial/ork/tau scenery, with DE emplacements or fortifications attached.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 20:45

I was thinking about making a few bits of terrain with the idea that they are either large obsidian-black slabs of rock or perhaps some fleshy bone growth that grow out of the ground from small webway portals deployed there via an air drop. I think that kind of general theme would work great for any kind of fortifications we can make. A large, omniously black webway portal that has phased onto the battlefield might also be one of the terrain bits I'll eventually make. For smaller bits of terrain there could always be larger missiles shot from the orbit-borne flagships.

As for the weapons, I was thinking using my spare Dark Lances and Disintegrators and make automated turret placements somewhat like the imperial counterparts.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 21:16

Here's the first pics, got a few more bits to add here and there (more spikes/blades) and need to find some handles for the dissies, bit of green stuff here and there and we're done.
[img]Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0361[/img]
[img]Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0362[/img]
What do you think?
TBE

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection

Last edited by The_Burning_Eye on Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
succorax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 10:53

im not seeing any pictures m8 sorry

Also looking to trade 5 build and sprayed helions for 3 Reaver jetbikes PM me if interested. can send photos and would pref the bikes unpainted or just sprayed.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:51

sorry about that, posted the finished pics above, here's the method:
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0365[/url]
These are all the parts you'll need.
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0363
Chop the dissie in 2 just in front of the pivot pins.
[/img]Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0366
Pin the rudders
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0367
Glue the missile together and remove the warhead
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0368
Drill two pinning holes into the reaver canopy
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0369 Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0370
Glue the missile body to the reaver talieron piece
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0371
Clip off the dissie pivot pins
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0372
Glue the dissie body into the rear of the reaver canopy
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0373
Shape the dissie barrel to fit into the scanner hole in the reaver canopy
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0374
Glue the dissie barrel into place
Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0375
Shape the bottom of the rudders so that they don't foul the reaver canopy and then glue them into the holes you drilled into the reaver canopy earlier, and voila, bit of gap filling and you're done!

Hope you find it useful.
upload photo [img][url=http://postimage.org/image/iy5o9bkvj/full/]

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 15:59

The_Burning_Eye wrote:

[img]Dark eldar deployable scenery. IMG_0362[/img]
What do you think?
TBE
I think that you are my hero Twisted Evil

This is a pretty awesome piece of work. Look for me to start stealing this very shortly! Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
succorax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 18:23

amazing work m8 and im now thinking what can i do with my bits from my stuff.... you have given me a few nice ideas

Also looking to trade 5 build and sprayed helions for 3 Reaver jetbikes PM me if interested. can send photos and would pref the bikes unpainted or just sprayed.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 14:09

that is awesome looking.

I now have a ton of ideas for the rest of my army. WOOT!

GOODSTUFF with a capital GOOD!

Dark eldar deployable scenery. Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 14:18

Excellent job, very creative! All you need now is a venom gunner sitting behind it to man the dissie. This is going into my 40k queue, pronto. Thanks for sharing!

Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 00:01

This is genius - wow, a TBE deployable cannon.

I can totally see a series of TBE variants to come.

Thank you for sharing!!!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar deployable scenery.   Dark eldar deployable scenery. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar deployable scenery.
Page 1 of 1