THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)

Go down 
+50
Azdrubael
Enfernux
Mushkilla
Orthien
Starstrider
Mandor
malevolent_one
Barking Agatha
thelordhellion
Sendreavus
1++
Arkynomicon
Shadows Revenge
PartridgeKing
StaticVortex
CaptainBalroga
The Sovereign
Siticus the Ancient
Archon Farath Mure
Yrddraiggoch
Painjunky
dangerous beans
GAR
Ruke
Allandrel
Sorrowshard
Baron Tordeck
Captain Mayhem
Torpedo Vegas
HERO
IASGATG
Seelenberührer
Evil Space Elves
Grumpy Kwi
Briefspite
Nomic
Massaen
Hijallo
Ereshkigal
TristanAquaeusRodentbane
Venkh
Ben_S
Deamon
The_Burning_Eye
Crazy_Irish
Sky Serpent
Zanais
Lord Clazaryn
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) Empty
PostSubject: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:17

Have at it (please discuss lesser races in GW Other News & Rumour):

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2

Sky: Adding a link to the Eldar FAQ as there are some Harlequin and Shadowseer updates that they neglected to put in the DE one, mainly concerning reclassifying Veil of Tears and her mastery level:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2420312a_Eldar_6th_Ed_V1.pdf

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Fri Sep 07 2012, 17:02; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:36

No assault from WWP. Oh well, 35 points saved I guess. Also, allied units can't use it so no Wraithguard appearing at close range and opening fire.

Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:39

They completely effed incubi over. Klaives are a waste if space now and even the ap 2 on demi klaives is fairly useless because you are totally going to charge terminators with only one ap 2 weapon. Especially when that unit costs an arm and a leg! However they didn't mention huskblades or agonisers. What are we to expect from them?

Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:43

Probably counted as ap3

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:46

Huskblades and Agonisers are simply unusual power weapons so are AP3.

Quite a disappointing FAQ, nothing really has changed much at all. Confirms the WWP as being awful and reaffirms the Incubi as more blah.

Only real positives are the clasped Klaivex blades being AP2 and Flickerfields being used when immobilising ones self.

Meh.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:10

Sky Serpent wrote:
Huskblades and Agonisers are simply unusual power weapons so are AP3.

Quite a disappointing FAQ, nothing really has changed much at all. Confirms the WWP as being awful and reaffirms the Incubi as more blah.

Only real positives are the clasped Klaivex blades being AP2 and Flickerfields being used when immobilising ones self.

Meh.

well some really disappointing things in there. but i guess the WWP thing was sure to be like that. reguarding the inccubi. shure, they should not be let against Termis. but if you have a termi HQ in a regular unit, he is your man. +2S and DS2 & enslaughter.. makes for a pretty nice assassin.

also not that there is nothing about Lelith, so she ignores Armour, so does the Baron!!!!

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:31

where does it say that the baron ignores armour?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:33

I think he means the Dukes 5+ ignores armour saves. The baron just has a hellglaive.

Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:35

I think he meant the Duke.

And yes, this is a pretty disappointing FAQs. WWP list are not even worst than in 5th. WWP only use now is to deliver Chronos, Blasterborn or Reavers near the enemy lines.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:40

Deamon wrote:
WWP list are not even worst than in 5th. WWP only use now is to deliver Chronos, Blasterborn or Reavers near the enemy lines.

I might put some beasts out of the portal to act as a screen for my other melee units. Okay, they can't charge but with 4++ saves from the kyhmerae and 5 wounds each on the razorwings, they are pretty survivable and cheap enough to act as an ablative shield for wyches, harlequins etc. Plus, if they do survive, they can assault first and take the overwatch shots instead of my wyches!

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:46

Lord Clazaryn wrote:
I think he means the Dukes 5+ ignores armour saves. The baron just has a hellglaive.

em. yes i meant the duke.. sorry,

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:53

Given that I'm building a WWP dark footdar list, the loss of ability to charge out of the WWP is definitely a blow, but I think people are over-reacting by calling the WWP useless (for melee units). At least you can get nice and close to the enemy and only have to face one turn of being shot at - hopefully with some cover. And if you can infiltrate the WWP carrier with some Mandrakes (which I've heard conflicting reports on) that's a very useful boost.

In general, I don't see many surprises. At least demiklaives got the AP2 clasped option, which is better than nothing. I suspect there will be more questions getting asked now that people have the book and start playing, so I assume we'll see some updates to the FAQs soon.
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:57

Ekhm, besides shooting, can we kill all those termis and buffed bikes, in melee at all? Agonisers, huskblade, and normal klaives are ap3.

Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:16

With all the th/ss around, assaulting termies in melee was never much of an option in the first place.

Beasts and pain tokened hellions might be an option with their squillions of attacks but in general, i would say dont.

Saturate them with splinter shots and ap2 lances instead.
Back to top Go down
TristanAquaeusRodentbane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:19

A little miffed at our almost complete lack of AP2 close combat weaponry. Even Necrons are looking more capable at CC than us after the faqs(GL killing 2+ phylactery res orb having lords hah), not that I'm sure that's a huge problem considering the shift towards shooting I expect in this edition. Still, irks me on principle Razz

Cheers
-Rodentbane
Back to top Go down
Ereshkigal
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:23

But Drazhar now is a beast at least. : / meh
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:25

So, only three of our HQ characters can kill a basic terminator: Duke, Lelith, Drazhar.

And Drazhar have got a 2+ save - so he can charge full squad of purifiers, kill some models and laugh at their drawbacks.

And he is immune to instand death, so he can roll FnP against fists, lol.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:27

So glad I converted drazhar before he became cool Cool

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:04

I hope this FAQ is incomplete, as it doesn't answer a ton of questions. Like why list the frak Decrapitator's melee weapon's ap, but not Vect's?

At leats Drazhar is pretty good, having ap2 weapons and effectively gaining an invulnerable save if he gets a pain token (since the new fnp is only negated by attacks that inflict ID, which eternal warrior ignores. The old one mentioned that models immune to ID would still lose fnp, but the new one doesn't). Drazhar and a small squad of Incubi, with one upgraded to Klaivex might be a pretty good assault unit. Not for charging Termies, tho, btu who charges Termies anyway? Even in last edition they had 3++ saves. Draz is perfectly capable of dealign with a termie-armoured Character, and melee is quite a good way to deal with enemy units in this edition (caharcters can allocate wounds as they wish on 6+, and you can challenge enemy sergeants to force them fight Draz/Klaivex or sit back and not contribute).

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:28

Hijallo wrote:
So, only three of our HQ characters can kill a basic terminator: Duke, Lelith, Drazhar.

Surely any of them can. A 2+ save will still be failed one time in six you know...
Back to top Go down
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:36

I really dont understand the fuss about terminators, they have never been especially threatening for Dark Eldar. Just shoot up their ride and kill them from afar, it has worked in every edition and will continue to work in this one.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:37

Ben_S wrote:
Hijallo wrote:

Surely any of them can. A 2+ save will still be failed one time in six you know...

Our saves can too. And characters don't have enough attacks to bruteforce 2+. So - we'd stick w/ nude Haemo or perhaps take The Duke - atleast he can buff the army AND kill some termies. Or take Drazhar as challenge-monster and termi-crusher*

===
remember, Termie =/= Assault Termie, we'll see many 2+ saves in this edition w/o SS, but w/ another annoying stuff, like... shooting weapons, for example.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:39

Briefspite wrote:
I really dont understand the fuss about terminators, they have never been especially threatening for Dark Eldar. Just shoot up their ride and kill them from afar, it has worked in every edition and will continue to work in this one.

Psycannon/Cyclone Termies would shoot YOU from afar. Pox on assault degeneratives, blow up their transport and ignore them for the rest of game - their treat rate is zero, because they cannot shoot at all.
Back to top Go down
Briefspite
Hellion
Briefspite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:52

Hijallo wrote:
Psycannon/Cyclone Termies would shoot YOU from afar. Pox on assault degeneratives, blow up their transport and ignore them for the rest of game - their treat rate is zero, because they cannot shoot at all.

It seems like we agree on the CC termies Smile.

When it comes to shooty termies, it really doesnt matter to me where the shooting is coming from. A Long Fang missile launcher kills my vehicles just as easy as a Cyclone missile launcher. Of course removing the threat might be harder with terminators, but this is partly why I play Dark Eldar. If I wanted easy mode I would have played grey, silver or red marines.

As I said in another thread, we really need to see how the meta game shifts before we can see the if power of the DE codex goes up or down.

I have always felt that when playing a codex such as DE you need to make a list that preys on the strengths of the current meta rather than trying to make an all comers list. I am pretty confident that we will be able to make at least one strong build in 6th that will be viable for competetive play.

Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 14:53

Wow, incredibly disappointed right now - there has to be something more.

Been playing WWP for so long, my first game ever was wych cult wwp back in 4th (I know it isn't as long as some of you have been playing but it is all I know).

They are literally making us play "spam" "rush" lists which I totally despise - god I hate venom spam.

Was doing just fine playing Coven lists with no power weapons, could care less about AP2 power weapons because it was all about the torrent of poison with wracks and grotesques and I didn't even care they didn't have "fleet" - I made it work and was love'n the coven.

We have to let the marines have a chance to shoot us first, not only before assault but once we arrive from reserves too.

So let me guess, the only things that can assault out of reserve are marine units?

This is a major shake up for me guys, I played 90% WWP and now there is no point to using the wwp other than to put your units within range of the enemy and watch them get shot at 3 times before they can assault.

Very depressing...

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)   6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th edition FAQ's now posted online - August 7, nothing to see (*false alarm*)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: