THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races

Go down 
+6
Sky Serpent
Allandrel
Zanais
Crazy_Irish
dominus nox
Gobsmakked
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races Empty
PostSubject: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 11:18

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Fri Sep 07 2012, 17:14; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
dominus nox
Hellion
dominus nox

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:18

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't know if Warlocks can take rulebook powers.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 12:28

dominus nox wrote:
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't know if Warlocks can take rulebook powers.

They can not. read the first part of the FAQ about psicic powers. there it states that only farseers can take'm

Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 13:54

Hm, my friend says that Long Fangs can use now all three types of missiles, flakk included. Is that true?

Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 22:49

Zanais wrote:
Hm, my friend says that Long Fangs can use now all three types of missiles, flakk included. Is that true?

No. The rulebook states that missile launchers come with frag and krak missiles as standard, and that some models have the option to take flakk missiles as well.

The FAQs do not give any existing units this option, so at this time nobody in the game has flakk missiles.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 23:43

Night Scythes lolwut.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 00:27

Anyone else get the impression that a lot more work went into some FAQs than others?

Necron Night Scythes get a fancy new ability to fly 36" and disembark passengers.

Dark Eldar only get profiles for three melee weapons and have the Harlequin amendments left out of their FAQ.

Eldar FAQ gives Farseers a Mastery Level of 1 but does not provide an amendment clarifying if Spirit Stones boost this to 2.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 01:10

Allandrel wrote:
clarifying if Spirit Stones boost this to 2.

that part seems to be covert up in the rulebook.

and with our cc weapons its pretty clear. unusual PW.

Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 03:13

Imperial Guard Hydras have Skyfire, which means that they must Snapfire at Skimmers. I was very gland when I read that.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 03:59

LTKage wrote:
Imperial Guard Hydras have Skyfire, which means that they must Snapfire at Skimmers. I was very gland when I read that.

Skyfire weapons do get their full BS against Skimmers, along with Flyers and Flying Monstrous Creatures. They can only fire snap shots at other unit types (unless they also have the Interceptor rule).

So Hydras still tear up DE skimmers along with our flyers. But while they can ignore Reaver Jetbikes' 4+/3+ jink save, Hydras need 6s to hit them - so Reavers with anti-vehicle weapons will prove very effective.
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 18:45

Thanks for the clarification. Now I'm depressed.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 21:59

Found something funny:

Eldar FAQ, page 2:

Quote :
Page 49 - Shadowseer, Veil of Tears
Replace the second and third sentences with: "The Shadowseer, and all models in her unit, have the Stealth and Shrouded special rules."

The second and third sentences under "Veil of Tears" are:

Quote :
It follows the same rules as Warlock powers (see page 20-21).

The Shadowseer uses her powers to confuse and terrify her foe.

The actual rules for the Veil of Tears are in the second and third sentences of the second paragraph, and the entirety of the third paragraph (which also contains a reference to Target Priority that has never been FAQ'd since the 5th edition removed Target Priority in 2008).

And of course the DE FAQ does not address Harlequins except to provide stats for shuriken pistols.

Oh, GW.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 23:52

Well, until GW gets off their asses and actually realizes what their new FAQ has done to Harlequins, I'll be definitely taking them for a spin for some shenanigans with assaulting from 2+ cover with a visibility range of 2d6x2.

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 06:42

XD OP harlies ftw!

Just to be sure, I check the DE harlie entry too, second and third sentences are

Quote :
This power is available permanantly, so she does not need to make a psychic test to use it.

The shadowseer uses her powers to confuse and terrify her foe.

Maybe they should get fear as well, neh?

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 17:13

September 7 - version 1.1 of all FAQ's and the Rulebook FAQ are now online at

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2

Have at it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 19:23

overall Im glad at this update... Sadly the only thing I really dont like is the LoS change. I never found it too overpowered that you could spread wounds around, and it allowed units like palies and nobs to get their full wounds and use them effectively, but whatever GW. Its not our fault we found a loophole in your game that you were to blind to see when you wrote it because you were going for "Cinematic"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races   6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th edition FAQ's now online for Lesser Races
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: