THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wyches are awesome now!

Go down 
+39
csjarrat
PurpleSuccubus13
Eggshall123
wilku
Ichiyo1821
Gobsmakked
Massaen
O.S.P.
Evil Space Elves
Mnemonic
Cavash
Freelancer411
3Fingers
exsquared
Azdrubael
Hijallo
Barking Agatha
Grumpy Kwi
Enfernux
Deamon
Count Adhemar
forest90
Chaeril
dangerous beans
Arrex
Raneth
Allandrel
Ruke
Fruz
Eldur
Firdeth
Bibitybopitybacon
Maddness
GAR
Nomic
IASGATG
Sendreavus
Bugs_N_Orks
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 21:48

Mushkilla wrote:
Yeah I have to agree GW forgetting the open topped S3 rule is huge (I'm convinced they just forgot it).!

I doubt it. More likely they thought it was unfair that you could be assaulted from half the table away without being able to do anything about it, so they compensated by reducing the distance you could move before disembarking AND you get Overwatched AND you get blown up at S4 AND you can't assault from reseve AND you can't assault if you run BUT you can assault from 12 inches away if you can just roll double 6s.

To be honest these aren't bad changes, they only affect wyches the most because of their T3 and 6+ save. It's entirely fair for Orks in trukks, for example, because they're T4 and even a few orks in close combat will cause mayhem. And orks are only what, 6 points each?

I expect wyches will soon get an upgrade of some sort, although nothing too big. They're not bad at the moment, just a little bit too expensive for what they can do.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 21:53

Barking Agatha wrote:
I expect wyches will soon get an upgrade of some sort, although nothing too big. They're not bad at the moment, just a little bit too expensive for what they can do.

Hmmm... If they connect with the enemy, they're still a bunch of dancing death for 10 points each, it's the upgrades that drive their value through the roof... Trick is to make them connect...
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 09:34

I agree with Chaeril!

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 19:01

I'm confused. Wyches were great anyway. They've just gotten even better (apart from the inability to shardnet characters to leave them helpless against your characters anymore).

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 08:01

They were awesome, are awesome and allways will be awesome, but now they can eat tanks as well as infantry.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 11:34

PurpleSuccubus13 wrote:
They were awesome, are awesome and allways will be awesome, but now they can eat tanks instead of infantry.

Fixed that for you Very Happy

Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 17:47

Quote :
It is absolutely nothing to get 3 or 4 glancing hits on a vehicle if you assault it.

But only one model can use the grenade, and only one attack may be made with it, regardless of any attacks left over! So how can u get 3 or 4 glancing hits with one wych suqad? (unless you mean over the course of the game)

Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 18:02

the great thing about haywire 'nades is you are almost garaunteed to get 2 glancing hits per wych squad that has them
- 1 for shooting, one for assault. so, for an army with two 10 man wych squads, for 40 pts you can easily take out a vehicle every turn. and theyre just troops!

Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 19:10

You might be confusing things here. One grenade per squad may be thrown, but one grenade per model may be used in close combat. A five girl unit of Wyches should cause three glancing hits or worse to any vehicle that has moved. Ten Wyches are death incarnate to any and every vehicle in the game.

Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 14:31

Wow, i had to ckeck that in the rulebook, it was like it was too good to be true.... Wyches are the best AT infantry in the GAME!

It's.. just beautiful...

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 18:08

Im carefull with this thing.

Grenades are what screw Monstrous Creatures and Tanks royally now.
Im afraid GW might decide that its too sweet, judging by the way they handle with rules now

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyches are awesome now!   Wyches are awesome now! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyches are awesome now!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: