THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1000 Points

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1000 Points Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1000 Points   Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1000 Points I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2012, 20:03

Hi All,

So this is my first Battle Report. It's a bit dry but I figure I had to start somewhere. It was also a "fun" game, more oriented toward figuring the rules out than being competitive.

Blood Angels:

Warlord [Librarian]: Immovable Object, Psychic Shriek, Assail
Red Thirst: 0 Units

List [Guessing]

Librarian with a 5 man honor guard/retinue (in Rhino)

5 Tactical Squad with Las Cannon
5 Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun
5 Death Company lead by Lemartes (in Storm Raven)
Storm Raven with Multi-melta

Dark Eldar:

Warlord [Succubus]: Dust of a Thousand Worlds
Combat Drugs: Grave Lotus

List:
Succubus with Agonizer and Haywire Grenades
5 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades led by Hekatrix with Agonizer (in Raider w/ Flicker Field)
6 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades led by Hekatrix with Agonizer (in Raider w/ Flicker Field)
6 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2 Heat Lances
5 Scourges w/ 2 Haywire Blasters
1 Ravager w/ Flicker Field
1 Razorwing Jetfighter /2 Flicker Field using Disintegrators

Mission Rules:
Dawn of War
Emperor's Will
Night Fight was not in play

Battlefield and Deployment:
We played on a 4x4 board featuring urban terrain. There was one ruin allotted to each quarter of the board, roughly in the center of each quarter. A low hill occupied the center of the board. One objective was placed on the Blood Angels right flank and the other was placed in the center of the Dark Eldar deployment zone. Note that we forgot to roll for mysterious objectives.

The Blood Angels deployed heavily on their right flank, with one Tactical Squad occupying the ruins and the Librarian with his Honor Guard deployed farther. Another Tactical squad was placed in a three story ruin on the left frank. The Stormraven was transporting the Death Company contigent and
was held in reserve due to its flyer rules.

The Dark Eldar deployed a Ravager and a squad of Reaver Jetbikes on their left flank. The Jetbikes were placed in the ruins but placed in such a way that the squad was actually exposed [I did not notice the building had a large shopping window in it; otherwise they would have been out of LOS]. Two Raiders filled with Wyches deployed on the right flank, in behind the ruins such that they were out of LOS. A Squad of Scourges and a Razorwing Jetfighter were held in reserve.

1st Turn
Blood Angels shuffle around a bit. The Rhino Advances a bit closer the Blood Angels objective and pops smoke. The Tactical Squad on the left flank moves forward into the ruins while its counterpart on the right moves forward slightly. Shooting was surprisingly effective, mainly because the Reaver
Jetbikes were exposed because of a large window. Two Reavers go down and the squad breaks, falling back 11 inches.

Dark Eldar first turn was good. The Reavers regrouped and advanced 3 inches. Everything else advanced quite handily--one Raider was within an inch of the weaker flank's tactical squad and the other was within ten inches of the left flank's ruins. The ravager moved up and immobilized the Rhino.

2nd Turn
The Stormraven arrives from reserve, laying waste to both the Ravager and the remaining Jetbikes. Other Blood Angels were not so lucky--the Tactical Squad, the Rhino, the Librarian and his goon squad did not actually damage the Raider bearing down on them in the shooting phase. The other raider sustained one glancing hit. The Librarian and his squad then assaulted the Raider, scoring a penatrating hit and causing it to explode. Four Wyches and three Space Marines died in the ensuing explosion. The Wyche Squad inside, led by a Succubus, did not fail their leadership test but did fail pinning.

Scourges entered via deepstrike, right in the middle of the fighting. The raider on the Blood Angels' left flank was so close to the Tactical squad that it had to move back for the Wyches to disembark. Shooting was generally lackluster--the Scourges managed to gun down a Space Marine attached to the Librarian.
The Wyches on the finally got into assault but not before losing two of their number (including the Hekatrix) to Overwatch. A grenade was thrown, but it landed some eight inches outside of the ruin. All but one of the left flank Tactical Squad were then brutally murdered in close combat. They failed their leadership check and the Wyches ran them down. No additional wounds were inflicted.

3rd Turn
Stormraven entered hover mode to deploy it's deadly cargo of Death Company. The Librarian literally
shouts the Scourges to death using Assail. Surprisingly, the Succubus managed to survive until the assault phase, whereupon she challenged Lamertes to a duel. Although she only inflicted one would, she only sustained one wound. That was insta-killed and the Death Company consolidated toward my other wyche squad. The remaining Wyches, after disposing of the lone Space Marine, promptly consolidated toward their Raider.

The Razorwing did not enter from reserve and the Wyches make a hasty retreat back to their home objective.

Turn 4
The Death Company ran to catch the speeding Raider and the Stormraven left the battlefield.

Coming out of the clouds like some dread bird of prey, the Razorwing Jetfighter entered the fray. The pilot had the petty Mon-keigh in his sight. He laughed quietly to himself as he squeezed the trigger oh-so-slowly. Where the Death Company once stood, there was nothing but charred remains. The Wyches disembarked and moved toward the objective. Their raider fired his Dark Lance, destroying the Rhino's Storm Bolter.

Turn 5
The Stormraven enters the fray once again. Space Marines hunker down on their objective. The Stormraven shoots, wrecking a Raider. It also hits and penetrates the Razorwing
with its multi-melta, but the Jetfighter Saves with it's Flicker Field.

Razorwing Jetfigher re-enters reserve.

Turn 6
Stormraven guns down 4 Wyches but the squad holds it's ground on the now contested objective.

The Razorwing enters play again and utterly destroys the remaining Tactical Squad. They couldn't even make a save.

Outcome: Blood Angels victory.

Tactical Review:

It was my first game of 6th edition and my first game 1v1 with Blood Angels. My initial thoughts were that 1) Death Company are pretty beast and 2) the Razorwing Jetfighter is a monster. I never got to use it in 5th Edition and I got to say it's pretty awesome. By my count, it earned back more than double its point value. The Stormraven is a flying fortress and its Power of the Machine Spirit makes it an excellent tank support aircraft.

My single greatest error was leaving my Reavers exposed to 1st turn shooting. With an entire unit effectively removed from play, it was difficult trying to regain control of the battlefield. It was an amateur mistake and it cost me the game. It may have been a better idea to focus both the Wyche squads on the right flank and simply ignore his left flank. That single Tactical squad would not have been able to contribute to shooting while the other two squads would have been forced to divide their shooting. I also feel that the list, which was designed to deal with armor, ran into problems when there were so few armored targets.

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Blood Angels 1000 Points
Page 1 of 1