THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed Empty
PostSubject: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 00:07

Hey there

I have been here for a few months under the name of 'Tiresias', but never took the time to introduce me, I just wanted to start building a Dark Eldar wych cult, an idea growing for a year or so. Since I just wanted to share my progress, I didn't think a proper introduction was really an added value...

I didn't think it would be such a hard thing for me to bear - but sadly it was - to feel like my indiscriminate name would just lob me together with all the men present. However great the sympathy, it is a strange thing to feel that, since the Games Workshop hobby is so very much male dominated, standard assumption seems to be that everybody building armies or playing games are men, or at least linked to men (painting for boyfriends, etc). So even if you could justly consider my awkward feelings about this subject to be stupid (I would not contradict you, as these feelings have very little to add to gameplay...), I have just asked Sky Serpent to change my username to Chaeril, the name of my wych cult succubus. With thanks for him doing this promptly!

Now, what to say? Fantasy / SF has been a hobby for ages. I've been indulging in worlds of make-belief since times immemorial - 21 years into Games Workshop for instance (12 to 33), and always glad to flee to the clouds whenever I can, happy to see this passion resists the times.

I won't bore you with real life issues, I am here to play the schizophrenic, both with my Nomad Legion Necromundan Imperial Guard army defending the Imperium, and my wych cult considering mankind as nothing more than a way to further Chaeril's ambitions, cattle to play with, and little else. I will be playing games once in a blue moon I think, but as I love painting and writing stories, you WILL see some of my work - which is not perfect, but it could be worse tongue

In any case, the best for all of you, and may the galaxy drown in the blood of the lesser races!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 00:29

Aha, that explains why I found it odd that Chaeril was using Tiresias' picture.

I've known you for a while, but I suppose the routine greeting wouldn't go amiss.
Welcome to the Dark City, home of the twisted and sociopathic!

I have enjoyed your work so far, and I wish for many years more.

Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 00:46

Cavash wrote:

I've known you for a while, but I suppose the routine greeting wouldn't go amiss.
Welcome to the Dark City, home of the twisted and sociopathic!

I have enjoyed your work so far, and I wish for many years more.

Thanks! Likewise Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 00:50

Cavash wrote:

I was just going to ask if Tiresias knew that you stole her avatar Razz Great to have the ladies on board! I know what you mean about the hobby being so male-dominated. In all of the tournaments that I've played in over the years I believe that I've only played against two women(One of them I've played three times at different tournaments in Northern California. Keep up your schizophrenic painting efforts!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 01:07

I don't want to grab that feminist card (for a change), but it is worthy of consideration, I think those women you played with have quite some stories to tell about not being taken seriously (EDIT: by some players, I am not pointing fingers anywhere). In any case, what better way to repay such arrogance than with a Dark Eldar wych cult? No armour, but loads of pain! Twisted Evil

(ok, that tyranid termagaunt 'mother' is a very close second...)

Last edited by Chaeril on Sat Jul 07 2012, 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 02:12

Chaeril wrote:
I don't want to grab that feminist card (for a change), but it is worthy of consideration, I think those women you played with have quite some stories to tell about not being taken seriously.
The one that I played three times kicked my rear end twice Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 02:29

Welcome to the Dark City! Very Happy It's good to see you again, this time with added Wyches! We don't seem to see many of the Wych cults here.

There are some women here ... I'm one, but there aren't many. I think, though, that this may be slowly changing. Good background fluff got me into this game, and I can't be the only one to feel the pull of the fluff magnet. After all a good story is a good story and can be enjoyed by anyone Very Happy

Speaking of stories, I look forward to seeing more of your tales!

- Malys

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed   Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaeril's Void Scorpions readying for bloodshed
Page 1 of 1