THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) Empty
PostSubject: Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)   Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 17:00

I've wanted to learn how to use Green Stuff for a while but only just got round to doing it. I'd also like all the DE characters bar the Baron and Decapitator, which meant converting Sliscus, Malys and Vect. Sliscus was easy, but these two were harder. Because I'm still learning I'd love some advice on improving these efforts. First, Vect:

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) Vect_f10

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) Vect_r10

GS here is just extra robes and the staff orb. It's an old model which explains the terrible hair. To Malys:

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) Malys_11

Basically based off Khalidah and given hair and a cardboard fan. (rear view wasn't good so I'll take another later.) Obvious conclusions:

[list][*]Malys is better than Vect.
[*] The robes need serious improvement.

I'm happy with the staff, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)   Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 17:42

Best advices that I can give:
  • Never try to sculpt everything in one run, in general 2 stages are minimum.
  • Use rubber tools (either special "clay shapers" or cone-shaped-and-filed rubber end of pencil).
  • For smoother surfaces (like robes) work with half-cured putty.

I hope that wopuld help.

Also, here is selfmade rubber tool (pencil+glued rubber). You obviously can make different end, like sharp cone, ball, "knife", spatula etc. To make it smooth use wet cloth as last "sandpaper".

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) Rubber10
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)   Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 19:07

I hate the old Archon. I don't think any amount of modeling with make him look as good as the new one. As to your Malys, your picture is blurry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)   Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vect and Malys WIP (C+C Needed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: