THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

VI Voyage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 00:18

VI Voyage

Hello all, new edition and a new start for everyone, including moi.

I plan to record all of my sixth edition games, hopefully this will help myself (and maybe others) learn something and might be interesting too. Now, I hate writing huge battle reports so expect to see fluctuation in my writing; you might get massive posts with pictures and tournament reports or a brief summary, we shall see. Anyway, onwards and upwards and all that.

WIN MATRIX:
Army W D L

ALL 2 0 0

Dark Angels 1 0 0
Space Marines 1 0 0

VI Voyage Southparkmrmackeydrugsarebad
Hypex 0
Serpentin 0
Grave lotus 1
Painbringer 1
Adrenalight 0
Splintermind 0

Duke Sliscus has flamboyantly killed: Belial.
Haemonculus Guernicasso has turned one Deathwing Cyclone Terminator into a work of art.
The Acothyst has Hex-sniped one Terminator Sergeant

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Wed Jul 11 2012, 01:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 00:34

Game 1 vs Ant B, Imperial Fists, 1250pts.

Purge The Alien, Hammer And Anvil; Grave Lotus

So, the first game of sixth with my Sky Serpents and what do we roll up? Kill Points..... Euurgghhh. However a new dawn. Ant was using a list that as far as I can remember read like a Captain, 5 Terminators, 30 Tacticals, Rhino. Razorback, Vindicator and a Whirlwind. First turn revolved around myself moving all of my darklight forward into range of his vehicles sans Whirlwind and with quite a lot of luck, popping them all. I also got a bit lucky as the archeotech near me gave me a 4+ invun for everything nearby.
Ant retaliated but with some bad luck, and the aformentioned 4+ meant he didn't do too much to me. The Acothyst on his debut sniped the Terminator Sergeant out of the approaching squad who were then gunned down by mass firepower; my Wyches boosted down the flank to encroach upon the Whirlwind and dug in Tacticals. Flyers came on and did a bit of damage.
Then it went downhill, quickly. The Wyches were shot out of both Raiders and suffering horrific casualties decided to run away for the next 2 turns, with more transports going down the scoring began to level out quickly.
However some precision darklight took out the Captain and a small Tactical squad but the Fists retaliated with an accurate Whirlwind shot killing 6 Warriors in one incendiary blast. I was about 3 up and Turn 5 came in, bringing nightfight. The Dark Eldar sped away from the Space Marines as quick as they appeared (run away very fast now that I'm winning and he can't catch me....).
What started as a bloodbath for me slowly became a scare as Raiders fell out of the sky as quickly as a one winged Scourge. However the damage had been done....

9-7 to the Sky Serpents

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Wed Jul 11 2012, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 00:48

Game 2 vs Chris E, Deathwing, 1500pts

Big Guns Never Tire, Hammer And Anvil; Painbringer

Sunkiller. Sunkiller. Quite a scary list to face with Belial, a Mortis Contemptor, 2 Landspeeders, Whirlwind and about 5 squads of Terminators, all with Thunder Hammers and a Cyclone. And then on my first turn I rolled double 6 on an archeotech. Sunkillers. Two turns of night fighting, ball in my court.
Deathwing squad teleported right into my lines but could only blow a Dark Lance off my Ravager. With nightfighting in effect his shooting was dodged by all of my vehicles which left me to concentrate on the termies in the middle of my army. Darklight and splinter en masse does nothing when my opponent passed a shed load of 3+ invuns. Left with two terminators they charged a squad of Wyches in a Raider but the gladiatorial warriors downed one and the remaining Terminator could only stun the craft.
Next turn I shot down both Landspeeders (who had unluckily flunked their shots) and the Voidraven sped straight for the Contemptor. A Void Lance blew an arm off but it was two more Raiders who managed to fell the Dreadnought before it could have any impact on the game.
I then went for the throat. The next few turns were spent rolling up the board, concentrating fire on a squad until it was dead as the Wyches flew across the table to Haywire the Whirlwind. Duke Sliscus climbed off of his Raider and charged into a swirling melee of Wych and Terminator, issuing a pompous challenge to Belial. The Serpents Bite struck deep as his clean wounds felled the mighty warrior in one round.
This was Chris' first game with his Deathwing and one of the main, well the main deciding factor was two turns of nightfighting early on. This neutered the Dark Angel shooting and allowed my unscathed force to get into position and pounce.

Wipeout, 5 Objectives and all Secondaries.

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 09:32

First off, I'm loving the idea of this Realspace Raid thread. I'm considering to do sOmething like this myself! Great inspiration. Smile
Also, nice games. No real battle reports, but you said that in the OP and I absolutely understand that. Super looking forward to read the upcoming full reports with pictures and stuff!

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 22:25

Love the idea, I'll definitely be following with interest.

Don't mean this to sound like criticism, but it looked to me like you had some luck with you dice, your drug rolls were probably the best two you could have got for playing space marines, and night fighting is a huge bonus to us against a relatively short ranged army like the deathwing.

That being said, you highlighted something (possibly unintentionally) that we should all take to heart. What are the victory conditions. In that instance, killpoints, so once you're ahead, stay ahead and if that means running away into the dark, then drop your guns and get those legs pumping!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 01:05

@ Kinnay, I don't think I'll ever do 'true' battle reports as when I'm playing I like to concentrate on gaming and having fun, not scribbling down a summary of the turns. I'll look to get a few pictures with future games and try and do something a bit more detailed.

@ The Burning Eye, I was lucky in both games with my anti tank shooting, lucky with the artifacts but then I always think you make your own luck; I brought a ton of darklight against a few Rhino chassis and popped them, wasn't impossible. Night fighting was ridiculously lucky yes. Drugs were meh to be honest, Wyches aren't what they were anymore. They didn't even fight in the first game and they only got stuck into the Deathwing when the rest of the army was dead.

I used to always forget to play to the mission but I have learned to keep a track on it all nowadays. I'm an everyman who plays now and then when I can at a variety of places and opponents and just want to show what an editions worth of playing looks like. Let's hope I learn something and if you do too, then great. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VI Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: VI Voyage   VI Voyage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VI Voyage
Page 1 of 1