THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The First 500pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

The First 500pts Empty
PostSubject: The First 500pts   The First 500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 01:26

Hey there and thanks for opening my thread! I'd appreciate any feedback or advice you have.
I'm just starting 40K and Deldar after 5 years of playing Fantasy and after reading around a bunch of other threads I'm thinking so far that the DE battleforce is a good way to start up. So here it is:

Archon @ 100pts
Agoniser, Ghostplate Armour, Combat Drugs

10 Kabalite Warriors @ 100pts
1 is armed with a Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches @ 213pts
1 is a Hekatrix with a Razorflail
All have Haywire grenades
In a Raider with a Flickerfield, Night Shield and Enhanced Aethersails
(Archon accompanies)

3 Reaver Jetbikes @ 78pts
1 armed with a Heat Lance

Total: 491

Explanations and reasoning behind my choices:
The Archon is the mandatory HQ choice, who joins the Wyches to support their combat role.

The Kabalites are a strong firebase and will do a lot of damage at range. With Splinter Rifles and a Splinter Cannon the squad should be fairly good at thinning down/ annihilating large squads of fairly unarmoured troops, regardless of their toughness, Ork Boyz for example.

The Wych squad is my combat squad. Even against well armoured troops they should do some damage and the Archon joining them will do more still with his 5 armour bypassing attacks. The unit can also destroy vehicles with relative ease due to the Haywire Grenades.

The Raider will also add fire support with its Dark Lance, which is more than capable of damaging enemy vehicles. It has many upgrades simply because I had points to spare and nothing else to spend them on. However, they should all help protect it and it's 'cargo.'

The Reavers can go tank-hunting. Their Heat Lance is quite likely to penetrate any vehicles armour and even more so at short range.

I still have 9 points left and don't really know what else to do with them.
Any suggestions regarding that and of course, the list itself, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much.

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

The First 500pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First 500pts   The First 500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 01:59

Not a bad first list, but you really want to put a shadow field on the archon so i'd drop the ghostplate and maybe CD or the FF on the raider for that.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The First 500pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First 500pts   The First 500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 02:16

I'm with Bibity on this. I would drop the Combat drugs and GP armour and one of the vehicle upgrades(I'm thinking of the sails) for a Shadowfield. I'm just starting in a 500pt escalation league(it's been a long time since I played games this small!) where we play on 4'X4' tables. You can get 36" out of a raider without the sail which should be enough to get where you need to to get out of sight of weapon fire. I think that the Archon with a Shadowfield and Agonizer are perfect for small games because of the tendency of players at 500pts to bring small, very tough and sturdy units rather than several small ones. the Shadowfield is annoying as hell for your opponent and will keep him/her kicking tail for long enough to grind the enemy down. Agonizer is great for those tough units mentioned, and AP3 shouldn't be a problem (not many 2+saves at 500pts). I think that you'll have a lot of fun with this army.

Oh yeah, you will be buying more Reavers after a few games with them: they are AWESOME Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
ftayl5
Hellion
ftayl5

The First 500pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First 500pts   The First 500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2012, 02:38

Thankyou both for the fast replies Smile
I actually really like the idea of Combat Drugs (they just seem fun) and would like to keep them on my Archon, so I think I'll drop the Nightshields on the Raider instead, unless you think they're really that much better that it's worth it.
Making my list:

Archon @ 120pts
Agoniser, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs

10 Kabalite Warriors @ 100pts
1 is armed with a Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches @ 198pts
1 is a Hekatrix with a Razorflail, all have Haywire grenades
In a Raider with a Flickerfield (Archon accompanies)

3 Reaver Jetbikes @ 78pts
1 armed with a Heat Lance

496pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The First 500pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First 500pts   The First 500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First 500pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::