THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

any advice?

Go down 
+2
Cavash
red soul35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
red soul35
Slave

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 09:01

iam just staring with DE and have and have yet to come up with a back story or name and my archon but have come up with a name i was thinking the kabal of the final scream Twisted Evil

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 10:24

As for Archon names I have a short list that I would be willing to share with you and in brackets shall be the pronunciation:
Kedram'attayr Kyjéell. (Ked-ram'-at-I-ear Kai-je-L)
Uillias Kagayn'xel. (Will-ias Kag-I-in-zel)
Xelthurn Kaylkaan. (Zel-thurn Kai-ul-kaan)
Syrenthi Allataan. (Sai-ren-thi Al-a-tan)
Geltaugh'gramaan. (Gel-taur'-gra-maan)
Zhelgritt Kjillinaad. (Zh-el-grit Kzh-ill-in-aad)
Foruntad Daryth'endorirmyrkla. (For-un-tad Dar-ith'-en-dor-ir-myr-kla)
Eyrithkaar Enystram'ouus'Teldarithnarl Kelsaa. (I-rith-car En-ice-stram-oose'Tel-darit-narl Kel-saa)
Tyrith Xel’hannar. (Ti-rith Zel'han-nar)

I apologise for the length of some of the names. These are a few examples I have and are names that I am happy with other peopl using. I do have a much longer list but they must be kept a secret. Smile

The Kabal of the dying scream could have, famously, extinguished a star somehow. The death song of the sphere was delectable and the combined screams of terror and pain of numerous Imperial Worlds took the Archon to another plain of ecstasy.
I could work on it much more, but it's not my Kabal.

If you'd like any other help, just ask. Very Happy

Oh, and I can come up with more normal names if requested XD

any advice? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
red soul35
Slave

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 09:51

thank you for the advice the names are very nice the thing about the dying sun has given me a lot of ideas Twisted Evil
thank you yet again!

Hellion
Normski

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 13:23

hey there!!

I have taken my family members names and put DE style twists on them!
My Acron is just my name backwards and such things for the rest of my characters.

maybe try something like that?

as for background why not think of something crazy you have done and turn it into a story with a DE twist?

Please do not posts that have not been active for more than a month as that is necromancy. Cheers - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/normski72/
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Hellion
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2012, 23:05

this link helped me get a name for my leader, well my name.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=595

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2015, 16:29

Backstories are always tricky because it depends on what your going for. My kabal and wych cults backstory came to me while reading the fluff about the dysjunction (I think it was path of the incubus) but I was able to go into greater detail when and really put some meat on the bone while watching a Hellraiser marathon (don't judge me!). I started the story off as such: Un-identical twins Diaval & Sinyxl Khaylart were trueborn into the Kabal of the Black Heart. Running away as children they spent most of their time being hunted and growing up on the streets of low commorragh hustling and killing to survive. At the time of the dysjunction their small street gang grew as the fearful and desperate looked for protection and help with the vast winnowing of the larger kabals they established the Kabal of Blissful Murder and the Cult of Decadent Slaughter which 'the dark twins' as they're known as rule over jointly.

I find backstories come to me at the weirdest of times I created my Haemonculi Lady Valkira's backstory while I was at work doing a tax return of all things. Best advice I can give: start simple. Everyone has to have that 'big break' and it could be anything from a fortunate twist of fate like my backstory or something more dashing like underdogs who where hired to be canon fodder on a raid but ended up not only surviving taking a huge number of slaves back to commorragh or a kabal who splintered from a larger well known kabal.

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2015, 11:00

I wasn't happy with the original fluff I wrote for The Kabal of the Tormented Sky so junked it. It's your fluff so create something that works for what you feel is suitably DE. I use fluff from the Codex as well as from the novels (Path of the Archon, Valedor to name two) to help me. I don't go in for "all powerful" or rivalling the Black Heart, so the Tormented Sky are a small kabal surviving in Low Commorragh. It works for me.

It can be fluid too. If you want to change something, do it!

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2015, 12:53

Rathian wrote:
I wasn't happy with the original fluff I wrote for The Kabal of the Tormented Sky so junked it. It's your fluff so create something that works for what you feel is suitably DE. I use fluff from the Codex as well as from the novels (Path of the Archon, Valedor to name two) to help me. I don't go in for "all powerful" or rivalling the Black Heart, so the Tormented Sky are a small kabal surviving in Low Commorragh. It works for me.

It can be fluid too. If you want to change something, do it!

Where's your backstory? Can I read it?
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2015, 13:18

It's very much a work in progress, but here's the link to the blog my mate and I are building. We may have gone a little overboard on creating backstory for the setting of our battles...

http://bromhead40k.blogspot.co.uk/

any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any advice?   any advice? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any advice?
Page 1 of 1