THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.

Go down 
+2
Cavash
Darwin_green5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. Empty
PostSubject: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 10:28

Hello, I'm darwin green and I've been playing 40 on and off since the end of 2nd edition.

I've stopped playing during most of 5th edition since I really didn't care too much for those rules, but I'm really impressed with 6th edition so far. I'm starting off with a shooty/Kabal heavy list with the Baron and gang to mop up objectives last minute.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2012, 16:24

Hello, Darwin Green, and welcome to Commorragh.

I hope you enjoy the Dark City and everything that the Eldar Race has to offer you.
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 12:19

Warseer is my primary message board, but their 6th ed tactics threads always went "oh noes! 2+ armor saves exists so we must abandon ship and play grey knights!".

so it's nice to see people actually come up with solutions around all of the doom and gloom.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 13:42

Hey, glad to have you here! I agree, after a few games of 6th I am hooked. It reminds me a bit of the old RT days. Just enough randomness to make it fun (it is a game after all Razz ) I did a Baron conversion months ago and just finished up the Hellion mob to go with him. Sadly. they are getting their first run in a tournament this weekend. I think that you are going in the right direction for the army comp choice. Enjoy the site!
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 14:47

I played against a craftworld list a while ago, it was a weird list.

farseer
10 dire avengers in a waveserpent with farseer
10 banshees
6 scouts
3 warwalkers
1000pts

the baron and squad ripped apart the scouts and raced towards an objective and camped it. My whole army just fired on the avater and he survived well into the 3rd turn til it was killed by a Helliarch who died in the challenge.

2nd turn I launched a monosyth missile on the banshees and murdered all but 5 of them, then finished off the rest with splinter cannon fire.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20 2012, 14:51

I do find with DE you either utterly destroy your opponent or get utterly destroyed. Such a fun army. Smile

PS: that warseer thread did get a bit on the negative side. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 01:45

so far, not so much.

the first game i got the city fighter warlord trait, so most of my army hid buildings sqeezing the every last bit of the 3+ cover save.

in the 2nd game, I nearly boarded my opponent mostly do to out shooting him at long to middle range.

I remembered in 3rd edition, I always did well if the mission had objectives other than kill everybody. Since dark eldar do terrible in a straight out slugfest.

The nice thing about the current missions is that there's always a 50/50 percent chance of night fighting, and 2/3s of the mission allow either heavy support or fast attack to score. Which is amazing since all of our stuff is faster than anything else anyways.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 01:56

Darwin_green5 wrote:
I remembered in 3rd edition, I always did well if the mission had objectives other than kill everybody. Since dark eldar do terrible in a straight out slugfest.

sry, english aint my native language, i cant realy know was that for 3rd or current ed DE. So are you stating that DE cant be an assault based army? *looks at the 60 wyches and 20 incubi on the shelf.
just for clarification to my alcohol numbed brain please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 03:47

generally, if you try to trade punches as an Dark eldar player you'll always fall behind.

even an assault army has to murder KEY elements of their opponents army, and not just attack head on.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 09:33

yeah, thats why i use 6 squads of wyches mostly, or some times 4 wyches, 2 warriors, and 1-2 incubi squads, all wyches with haem, thanx to secondary detachment Smile

well for 1.5k, 3 wyches, 1 warrior, 1-2 incubi.

works better in my meta, than a sliscus gay army - although i AM gay for sliscus, hes the only named archon based hq i would use, if i could take 3 hq slots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 09:56

the main reason I went shooty is mostly because I'm not that big of a fan of close combat armies.

I tried playing a CSM army a few years ago. it was pretty much a standard rhino rush army that was pretty solid, but once combat starts, it was pretty much a game of battle Yahtzee from there on.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 10:07

the only thing i dont assault is something better than a 3+ save..basically termies XD
my fav.s are tau suits...for drones will die :S Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 18:27

here's my Baron.

on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. Sathonyx
Back to top Go down
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 23:54

Pretty neat Baron Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 00:02

Did you make that board, or is it an original Hellion board, because it looks completely awesome!
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 10:49

it's an OOP hellion board, I just added some splinter rifle barrels and the underslung P.G.L's.

the head and torso are Dark Elf bits.

here's a better picture of his jacket.
on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. Sathonyxrear
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 10:50

I love that board, and great job on the cloak. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.   on-and-off player returning to the Deldar. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

on-and-off player returning to the Deldar.
Page 1 of 1