THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models

Go down 
+4
Cavash
Archon Vex
Shadows Revenge
Gobsmakked
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Empty
PostSubject: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 18:51

Massive amounts of Chaos-related rumours popping up today, building on weeks of anticipation. With the next WD likely dropping later this week, there should be even more information appearing soon.

Below is a summary of the latest info from Blood of Kittens and elsewhere, provided by Pretre over at Dakka. I doubt that it is completely accurate yet - for example, it still seems unclear what exactly is being launched when - CSM Codex in August with Daemons models, and Chaos Marine models following later in October after the new starter box drops in September(?????)

The August release list is included below, but note that it only goes up to August 12th, potentially leaving lots of room for the rumoured flyers later in the month.

GW has a teaser video that includes the date July 28:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYjRG0dPig&feature=player_embedded

From Dakka http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/462894.page

pretre wrote:

-There is an Eye of the Gods-like table ~like the WFB Warriors of Chaos table.
You get to roll on whenever a character kills another character in a challenge, or a Walker or Monstrous Creature. There is a multitude of gifts (and curses) that your Characters can acquire which range from +1 Save, +1 Toughness, or becoming either a Spawn or a Daemon Prince!!!
(Sorta True — trying to lump all the funky stuff into one table is not totally accurate. CSM codex is table land. Expect many random charts and upgrades it will be hard to keep track.)

-The Dragon flyer is in – think Necron Night Scythe with the main chassis replaced by a massive mechanical dragon head with segmented wings sweeping forward and around from it.
(True – The thing looks like a dragon head attached to the Owl from Clash of the Titans)

-Dark Apostles – ~Word Bearers rejoice!!!
(True– but more of cultist leader/moral buffer)

-Warp Smiths – Chaos Techmarines that can curse vehicles and degrade terrain. ~maybe they’ll have anti-psychotic grenades
( True -Think Doc Ock )

-New Daemon Engine – half way between a Dreadnought and a Defiler.
(True -I would say halfway between Defiler and Trygon)

-Defilers are Daemons and have a 5+ Inv save.
(Yes a Demon, and some extra lovin…)

–Important Designer Note–
The new CSM codex is not a return to the 3rd edition codex, this is the successor to Gav Thorpe’s creation– the current CSM codex. Unlike before Phil Kelly was put in charge of building from the ground up; Space Wolves, Dark Eldar, and Orks codexes he instead has taken a much more subtle approach with the CSM Codex. This is not the reinvention of the wheel at its core this is a validation for Gav Thorpe and perhaps if you could ask Gav, Phil Kelly’s CSM codex would have been the codex he wished he could have written, but wasn’t allowed to.

–What will be Released–
We will know if GW has changed policy. This codex will reveal if GW has abandoned the wave method to model release with a new codex or if they have stopped caring and show you all the new models even if they don’t come out right away.
Finecast: Dark Apostle, Warsmith, New Lord, Oblits, All Old Special Characters not updated already
New Plastic: Dragon, Raptors, Dreadnaught, Demon Engine, Assault Oblits, Chosen
Upgrade Packs: Plague Marines, 1k Sons, Emperor’s Children

–General Changes–
Almost all of the old units are either the same point cost or have gotten cheaper. With the notable exceptions of Chosen, Terminators, Defilers getting more expensive. The notable cheaper ones being basic CSM, Oblits, Zerkers, The CSM is really an upgrade codex, while things have gotten cheaper you will be hard pressed to keep your units inexpensive with all the wargear you can add. The cheaper units doesn’t come without a cost as well, almost all units saw a LD drop. Also you will start to see a lot of the new USRs in the CSM book.

–What has stayed the Same–
The Cult units are the same in stats and basic wargear. No new Spacial Characters. Abbadon is still the only one with Eternal Warrior. Demon Weapons still can kill you. The Dreadnaught is still Crazy. The unit sizes have stayed the same as well as the wargear options found in the old codex; e.g. Chosen can still get a butt load special weapons.

–Psychic Powers–
As can you expect each Chaos God gives their chosen Sorcerer access to their own set of spells. That allows you to pick from Basic Spells and the new ones for each God. If anyone was wondering Lash of Submission is gone.
Ok now that we got the basics out-of-the-way let us get to the good stuff

Blood of Kittens wrote:Ok now that we got the basics out-of-the-way let us get to the good stuff

–Daemons–

A good number of units in the CSM codex have this USR.

Raptors
Oblits
CC Oblit
Defilers
Demon Engines
Dragons
Possessed
Demon Prince
–It Will Not Die–

Wonder who was getting this new USR well you guessed it CSM is.

Dragons
Defilers
Demon Engines
–Demon Possessed–

Demon possessed just got a whole bunch cuter really. Instead of not being able to embark in demon possessed vehicles they now will only eat one of your guys and repair itself. Otherwise works the same way as before lose BS and ignore shaken and stunned, In addition some things get wargear automatically.

Dragons
Defliers
Demon Engines
–Challenges–

All CSM characters must always accept challenges

–Icons and Marks–

Marks and Icons are both purchasable by most units. That means you have five new Icons and the same four marks, in which units can have a combination of two. This is a list of the USRs and stat bonus possible.

Fearless
FnP
+1 T
+1 Invul Save
Rage
Soul Blaze
Furious Charge
Fear
+1 I
–Space Marines Better Hide–

Almost all CSM units get Hatred Space Marines. Now I am not sure if this includes all Space Marine variants or just Smurfs and friends.

–?Eye of the Gods Table?–

Yeah this will be the chart to end all charts and competitive players will cry everywhere because it is random. All 60+random abilities! Yes you heard it right over 60! How it works I don’t know, but characters can get multiple rolls on the chart through various methods.

Time for some specific models right? Sure why not!

–Dragon–

Oh the Dragon yeah the model on everyone mind. This is a CSM answer to other flyers it is designed almost exclusively to hunt and destroy other flyers. Clocking in about the same points cost of Carnifex these little hell on wings Vector Strike and bring pain to a lot of things. Did I mention it gets to re-roll wounds and armor pens.

–Demon Engines–

The other mystery model that has been leaked. These guys sit on the large bases like Trygons. They have an assortment of special weapons that have never been seen before. They are designed for Building and Heavy armor destruction with Melta CC weapons and bonuses against buildings. They as well get to re-roll wounds and armor pens. Side note: Defilers as well get to re-roll wounds and armor pen.

–Dragons, Demon Engines, Defilers oh my-

So let me put this in perspective. All these models ignore shaken and stunned, have 5+ invul saves, re-roll wounds and armor pens, and can recover wounds and hull points lost.

–Cult Units–

I know much of the Internet was crying about them only being in the Elite slot when I first mentioned it. How dare they force me to take Kharn to spam Berserkers! Well don’t worry is not as bad as you think. You can also get a generic Lord and buy the correct mark and unlock them as troops as well. As for the rules themselves just minor changes.

Zerkers: Rage, Cheaper
1k Sons: Soul Fire, Same cost
Emperor Children: Weapons Ignore cover and now have Salvo USR, Cheaper
Plague Marines: Poison Weapons, More Expensive
–Typhus and Cultists–

Typhus is now a mastery level 2 sorcerer of Nurgle. In addition as reported earlier he can make any cultist a zombie. Zombies are going to be disgusting in 6th edition. FnP, Fearless, Fear, and all for no additional cost. As for Cultists they are cheap not conscript cheap, but close. You can get over 30 of them in a squad.

–Daemon Princes, Sorcerers , Chaos Lords–

Princes got more expensive wargear bringing them in line with the Demon Codex. Sorcerers are pretty much the same with the ability to buy up to Master level 3, but they only ever have 2 wounds. Chaos Lords are where it seems to be at, Phil Kelly wants you to design a Lord tailored to your army, their list of wargear options is easily the largest of any model in the book. Also remember they allow you to make Cult Units troops.

Ok that is all I got for now, depending on how the week goes and what GW does I might get more rumors for you, but until now that is all I got. Wait, no I just remembered something…

The Trooper wrote:
the_trooper wrote:http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4450.0

Looks like there are daemons as early as the 4th of August.
August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models 8799091

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 19:19

yah, this is a weird release set. Everything points towards CSM coming... yet GW releases a daemon teaser... also a teaser for just new models... not a codex??? this is interesting... Although I have heard Daemons might get a WD update... although I personally think that is people just trying to make this weird turn of events make sense

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archon Vex
Slave
Archon Vex

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 21:45

seems like the dragon could be...
interesting...
overall i'm looking forwards to seeing how a 6th ed codex will be formatted
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 21:45

Darn, you beat me to it. I was sent this from B&C and was just about to post it.

Anyway, this is promising and I can't wait to get back into my Night Lords!

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 21:52

Fools! There is no chaos release, it was just a clever ploy to find out which Archons might defect to chaos!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 22:07

Mushkilla wrote:
Fools! There is no chaos release, it was just a clever ploy to find out which Archons might defect to chaos!

Never defect! Just Dark Eldar with Night Lord allies... with a slight absence of Dark Eldar... and a full Force Organisation Chart of Night Lords!

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 22:48

^ Well I for one am very interested in a small night lords contingent. Even been thinking of some background fluff to support it. Gutted that I've just got rid of some night lords I'd painted though!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 23:25

Yeah, loads of possibilities for Dark Eldar and Night Lords alliance, but I really do not like the idea of playing with allies, so I'd just expand my current Night Lord force.

It sucks that you got rid of your NL. You could sell some slaves to buy some more, perhaps?

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 02:31

Lash of Submission is gone? Completely removed? Wow. Does a daemon prince actually have a purpose if that's the case? Also, it doesn't make much sense to FAQ him to make him a jump monstrous creature rather than a flying one if he doesn't have access to the Lash or some equivalent anyway - I assumed the reason they unequivocally said he wasn't a flying monstrous creature was because being able to fly 24" then lash 24" was, you know, broken. But if they're not giving him Lash or something similar, why not let him fly around wrecking stuff? Hardly seems fair when the allied Chaos Daemons one can...

And more randomness, and the dread still being crazy? That's a strange move, if it's true. Presumably they don't want to sell any Chaos dreads?

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 17:27

OK, so according to Kroothawk et al over at Dakka and Warseer, August will just be for Daemons in 40K, with new models, finecast re-releases and a WD update.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/464634.page

The first (really, really blurry) pics of the new releases have been posted by olliswe and Brother SRM on Dakka, and are at the bottom of this post. I will replace them as better ones become available. Better pics from labmouse42 from 9k Painting, via Dakka.

Kroothawk wrote:
Hi,
rumours on Daemons were part of my Fantasy rumour thread, but now deserve their own due to more info coming in. Seems like there will be a booklet with rules updates for Fantasy and 40k in it, with a few new units and the Souldgrinder also available for Fantasy.

New Rules for 40k and Fantasy:
In WD leaflet added to WD August

New Models (all released 4th August):

Plaguebearers of Nurgle (Plastic) 29.00 USD (10 Man box)
Screamers of Tzeentch (Plastic) 29.75 USD (3 figures)
Flamers of tzeentch (Plastic) 20.00 USD (3 Figures)
Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh (Plastic) 29.75 USD (1 Model)
Nurglings (Plastic) 25.00 USD (3 figures) They are indeed 3 nurgling piles, not 3 single nurglings
The Blue Scribes (resin) 40.00 USD

Limited Release:
Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh 59.50 USD

Repackaged:
Soul Grinder 66.00 USD

Finecast Recasts:

Kairos Fateweaver: $57.75
Keeper of Secrets: $57.75
Flesh Hounds of Khorne: $49.50
Karanak: $22.25
Epidemus: $49.50
Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut: $40.00
Fiend of Slaanesh 1: $24.75
Fiend of Slaanesh 2: $24.75
Fiend of Slaanesh 3: $24.75
The Masque: $16.00
Beast of Nurgle: $24.75

Here the summary by Harry (newest additions in yellow):

Harry wrote:Release Date: Unknown.
However there are rumours that a release of models is coming very soon. (Harry)

Author:
There are no rumours of a book at all. Just a wave of models.

Rules: NA
Army book update sheet/leaflet in next months White Dwarf with new rules and updates.

Models:
Plastic Plague Bearers. (Erazmus_M_Wattle, manickZe, Harry)
Finecast screamers ... not the old models. New sculpts. (Erazmus_M_Wattle)
Some BIG , gribbly monster type thing. (Not a mammoth. Not a Greater Daemon). Nurgle specific? (Harry)
Flying chariot. (Harry, Erazmus_M_Wattle)
Herald of Slaanesh on chariot been spotted in warehouses.(Silvertounge)
Soulgrinders in fantasy. Massive rectangle base. (Erazmuz_M_Wattle) This must be the big thing on a monster base I heard about. I wasn't expecting a soul grinder ... Nurgle speciific thing was (clearly)my incorrect assumption. (Harry)

This just in from Rixitotal who has read next months White Dwarf:

"So in next months white dwarf there is going to be a leaflet with updates for Codex daemons and daemons in fantasy.
Some changes to old units, flamers are now only S4 in fantasy and some units have had point changes. ect.
Also new units slannesh massive chariot (2D6 +1 impact hits) and other weird chariot thing in 1 kit. the other thing looks and acts kind of like a mobile meat lawnmower. This is in both games and acts like a chariot in 40K.
Soul grinders are coming to fantasy! has T7 6 wounds and a load of upgrades for its shooting. looks pretty mental.
The model (40K kit) in the white dwarf and leaflet was on the same base as the giant goblin spider.
New models for plague bearers (really really nice, some have fly heads)
Screamers (look similar but with lots of eyes),
Flamers (similar)
Nurgalings (looks like a pile of funny little germ monsters you might get in a dish washer advert).

More confirmation of this and some more details from my inbox:

Chariot kit has two builds. One has four daemonettes and a herald called an exalted with a big whip. The other build has the exalted on her own but the chariot is dragging spiked / bladed rollers behind it.

Soul grinders comes on the same base as the Arachnarok spider. Shooting attacks. One attack works like grape shot but can be upgraded. Another works like a stone thrower.

Blue Scribes gets a mini. More Dais than disc.

More confirmation posted by thebitzbarn:

Well it looks Like August new releases are all Daemons.

AUGUST 4th
Plaguebearers (Plastic) 29.00 USD (10 Man box)
Screamers (Plastic) 29.75 USD (3 figures)
Flamers (Plastic) 20.00 USD (3 Figures)
Seekers Chariot of Slaanesh (Plastic) 29.75 USD (1 Model)
Nurglings (Plastic) 25.00 USD (3 figures) They are indeed 3 nurgling piles, not 3 single nurglings
The Blue Scribes (resin) 40.00 USD

Also a relaunch of Old Metal Deamons into Finecast and then on 18th of August a relaunch of Fantasy Beastmen in Finecast

Further Down The road:
All 4 greater Deamons will get plastic kits (with head/weapon options plus wfb/40k specific bits on sprues) and that there will be "resin conversion packs" to make "named greater Deamons". (Hastings) No idea of timescales on this. I am not expecting them to arrive together Or with this wave. (Harry)
Jes Goodwin is rumoured to be doing the Bloodthirster. No timescale for this. (NatTreehouse)

labmouse42 from 9k Painting via Dakka wrote:

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Chariot_4

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Chariot_3

Limited Edition version:
August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Chariot_1

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Chariot_2

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models PlagueBearers

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Nurglings

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Flamers

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models Screamers

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models CQvba

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Jul 25 2012, 00:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 17:38

I for one do not like the new blue scribes... actually I hate all of the new horrors... but thats just me.

On top of that I might have to buy that limited edition chariot... and I dont even play daemons Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 22:33

Never been a fan of daemons, and whilst these models are clearly very well done they're not my bag of skittles. The chariot does look to have some very cool agoniser conversion options though...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 22:58

those chariots are way too boss

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 19:08

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/chaos-marine-qna-event-compilation.html

Faeit information on Chaos Codex.
Night Lords Raptors are looking lovely!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models   August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 40K releases - New Chaos codex and models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: