THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts list - Filling in the gaps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Vex
Slave
Archon Vex

2000pts list - Filling in the gaps Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts list - Filling in the gaps   2000pts list - Filling in the gaps I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 21:35

Ok, here is the situation:
I have a 1500pts list that i have grown really fond of but now I am looking to expand it to 2000pts but have hit a brick wall while building my list.
Here is what I have finalized upon:

Archon Vex
Ghostplate Armour, Combat Drugs, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Soul Trap, Shadow Field and Plasma Grenades

Kabalite Trueborn
1 Dracon, 8 Kabalite Trueborn
Kabalite Armour, 1 w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol and Agoniser, 2 w/ Splinter Cannons and 6 w/ Shardcarbines
Raider
Chain-snares, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Haemonculus Ancient Silyth
Shattershard, Venom blade and Casket of Flensing

Wracks
1 Acothyst, 8 Wracks
Gnarlskin, 1 w/ Poisoned Weapon and Mindphase Gauntlet

Kabalite Warriors
1 Syrabite, 9 Kabalite Warriors
1 w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Lance Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
Raider
Chain-snares, Splinter Racks, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Kabalite Warriors
1 Syrabite, 9 Kabalite Warriors
1 w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon, 1 w/ Blaster
Raider
Chain-snares, Splinter Racks, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Scourges
1 Solarite, 4 Scourges
1 w/ Agoniser and Blast Pistol, 2 w/ Blaster

Razorwing Jet-Fighter
Splinter Cannon, 4 Necrotoxin Missiles, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Talos Pain Engine
Ichor Injector and Twin-linked Heat Lance

Ravager
3 Disintegrator Cannons, Night Shields, Flickerfield and Chain Snares

Well this all equals 1743pts so can any of you give me suggestions for units that are not special characters and wych based including hellions and reavers. Haemonculus and kabalite themed units only!!!
Any help would be appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fruz
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list - Filling in the gaps   2000pts list - Filling in the gaps I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 22:43

Why do you get dracon/sybarite/solarite when your full squad is ranged ? and how are you gonna deal with tanks there ? You have 1 lance pistol, 1 blast pistol 3 blasters, 1 heat lance ( which will probably never but at half range of any vehicle, or not early enough ) plus the razorwing, and your ravagers has Disintegrator.
And you don't have HWG, I really don't see how you could really deal with tanks & co.
Back to top Go down
Mnemonic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list - Filling in the gaps   2000pts list - Filling in the gaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 07:05

Your options are bogging down your list and wasting a lot of points. And most of them are just making your units LESS effective at their primary task.

IMO:

Focus your kabalite squads entirely on long-range fire.

Keep the Splinterborn, but put Sliscus (trade out the archon for him) with them! Run them around in their raider shooting their godly poisons.

Change the ravager back to DL's. The Dissies are a great terminator killer, but you really really need more anti-tank. DLs can kill lots of termies too, and can instant death Tough 4 models.

Either ditch the Syrabites, or keep him with a splinter rifle and Ghostplate at the front just to soak up wound on his armor save (4+ armor, and if it fails a 4+ Look Out Sir. Can shrug off a few wounds before he goes down).

I dont like blasters on squads with a Splinter Rack. Maximize the usefullness on the rack. Keep the cannons.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list - Filling in the gaps   2000pts list - Filling in the gaps I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 07:59

Mnemonic wrote:

Either ditch the Syrabites, or keep him with a splinter rifle and Ghostplate at the front just to soak up wound on his armor save (4+ armor, and if it fails a 4+ Look Out Sir. Can shrug off a few wounds before he goes down).

Look Out Sir doesn't work like that with mixed saves. If a unit has mixed saves you make the Look Out Sir roll before making the armour save.

Back to the list

I think people should run whatever they want to field, so in no way am I telling you what to do, I am just going to write what I would have done, and the questions I would have asked myself.

mnemonic is right you need more anti-armour. Ask yourself would your list be able to take on 15 vehicles (quite easy when fighting guard at this points level)? Would it be able to take on 10?

-Heat lances on the Talos are not great unless it has a Portal to come through.
-Ichor injector is a waste.
-Ravager will be as far away from the enemy as possible so doesn't need chain snares.
-Your raiders don't need chain snares.
-Shatershard missiles are more useful on Rzorwings (as they can be used against vehicles if need be)
-The Ravager should have lances, and the Razorwing should have Disintegrator (especially if you want to stick with necro misilies as then it's wasting valuable time shooting tanks when it should be shooting infantry).
- Scourges should not be in combat so the solarite doesn't need an agoniser or a blast bistol (range 6") they should be at 18" all the time.
-Mindphase gauntlet on the wracks isn't great, you would be better off with a liquefier.
-True born should be avoiding combat. So again with the unnecessary character upgrades.
-None of those phantasm grenade launchers are needed.
-Warriors don't really need syberites.
-What do you get out of running the haemi ancient over a normal haemi?
-You don't necessarily need flikerfields as you get a 5+ jink save for moving.
-What are the large unit of wracks supposed to accomplish?

This really looks like a 1500pt list that has had a load of points spent on upgrades to make it a 2000pts list. Here is the same list for 1500pts and a lot more efficient and effective. There is even a possibility to squeeze in a raider for the wracks.

Archon Vex
Duke

Kabalite Trueborn
9 Kabalite Trueborn
Kabalite Armour, 2 w/ Splinter Cannons and 6 w/ Shardcarbines
Raider
Night Shields

Haemonculus Silyth
Shattershard, Venom blade and Casket of Flensing

Wracks
9 Wracks
Liquefier, Gnarlskin, 1 w/ Poisoned Weapon

Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors, cannon
Raider
Splinter Racks Night Shields

Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors
Raider
Splinter Racks, Night Shields

Scourges
5 Scourges
2 w/ Haywire

Razorwing Jet-Fighter
Disintegrator, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield

Talos Pain Engine
Chain flails,Twin-linked haywire

Ravager
3 Lances, Night Shields

Total: 1448pts

In my experience It's a bad Idea to cut corners and load up on upgrades to get into a higher point category. It's like when a lightweight boxer who is really good decides to put on a load of weight to fight in the heavyweight category, it never ends well. If you are going to expand to 2000 points you will need more actual units and expand your army.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts list - Filling in the gaps   2000pts list - Filling in the gaps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts list - Filling in the gaps
Page 1 of 1