THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Here's what I did tonight...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Here's what I did tonight... Empty
PostSubject: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 08:28

First up: The Constatina Wire! This is gonna be no fun getting through...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120710

Next up is the Fuel Depot. I really can't wait for someone to make this go boom, since I have rules for it now... >;D

Here's what I did tonight... 20120711

Next is the Water Tower... Still not sure what rules I'm going to use for this, but was thinking of making it an AV10 building...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120712

Some rock outcroppings... I'm pretty sure that these are too tall, and are going to just end up blocking LoS for infantry models...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120713

A generic hill, the front face is steep so models cant move up it... As a side note, I grossly underestimated how soft this styrofoam was, and as a result ended up cutting off way too much, but it should still work out ok...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120714

This is going to be a generator... Two tesla coils with a giant ball of electricity suspended in the middle.

Here's what I did tonight... 20120715

This arch is HUGE, seriously... for a sense of scale, its about 2.5 times the height of a Deff Dread...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120716

Last but not least, this one's a classic, and I'm sure you're all familiar with this... Wink its one of the only GW terrain pieces I actually like... of course, mine doesnt look as good, but it'll get the job done...

Here's what I did tonight... 20120717

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 09:20

you had some free time, right? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:47

Clever!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 19:36

It only took about 6 hours and I had frequent "goof off on the computer" pit stops, so probably only 3-4 hours of building/cutting... Working with hard styrofoam sucks, esp if you dont have the appropriate equipment.

I want to make a bastion, but didn't really have the energy after what I did last night.

Painting tonight!

Oh, and I tossed models down behind/on everything, and there was only one piece that blocked their LoS, which was something I was worried about, so I'm more than happy about that.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 23:27

Nice work, i'd recommend the hot knife from the hot wire foam factory, best bit of scenery equipment I ever bought. I've spent the last three weeks working on my board, going to take some photos this weekend and put them up in the relevant part of the forum. Needless to say it's gotten a little out of hand and I've used a lot of pva so far!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 05:44

Right on, if I build any more terrain, ill keep that in mind... The only thing that I really had any issue with was the building ruins, everything else was pretty easy.

Painting tomorrow, got a friend coming over to help...

PostSubject: Re: Here's what I did tonight...   Here's what I did tonight... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's what I did tonight...
Page 1 of 1