THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
last light lost sun
Slave

Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff Empty
PostSubject: Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff   Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:33

Hello, I have been lurking these fine forums some time and I have finally gotten around to joining. This is a great forum and I look forward to contributing. A little background, Ive been playing since 3rd edition (started w/ chaos, then tyranids and by the second half of 4th edition I started up Dark Eldar). Dark Eldar are the only army I haven't played in a tournament with, but I have handled them well in the past and had been pretty successful with the old codex. I have finally gotten the new codex about a month ago (its hard to play during school semesters) so I have only played one game with the new codex, and the new edition altogether so this is not play tested, but my friend is hosting a (friendly) tournament at his house this sunday and it will be a good way to break in the new edition.

Basically I came up with two lists and I am torn between the two. Any and all ideas are welcome. Ill post the first list and then Ill describe the second list, as they are basically the same except for a few adjustments.

Also, please excuse the lengthy descriptions (also note that Solar field= Shadowfield, Solarshield= Nightshield, and Sky Lances=Dark Lances), I tried to make this a fluffy list as well as competitive. Sorry if it gets confusing. I read the minimal fluff on solar cults in the new codex and loved the idea and I am hoping to find some more stuff on it so I can expand my ideas.

Dark Eldar Solar Alliance
Kabal Of The Last Light
Cult Of The Lost Sun
Coven of Luminous Transgressions

Archon Xalkire
–Agoniser, solar field, combat drugs-120 pts

4 Incubi Warriors
Raider Transport- 148 pts

5 Trueborn of the Last Light
2 Splinter Cannons -80 points

6 Wyches of the Lost Sun
-haywire grenades, Raider transport
132 pts

6 Wyches of the Lost Sun
-haywire grenades, Raider transport
120 pts

10 Warriors of the Last Light
-Sybarite w/ agoniser, splinter cannon, shredder, Raider transport
-195 pts

-Sybarite w/ agoniser, splinter cannon, shredder, Raider transport
-195 pts

splinter cannon, shredder, Raider transport
-165 pts

Talos Pain Engine of Haemonculus Heliacas, Lord of Transgressions-100 pts

Ravager
Disintegrator Cannons and Solarshield
-115 pts

Ravager
Sky lances, Solarshield
-115 pts

Torrid Murderous Total-1497 pts

The second list differs in that:

-Each wych squad is brought down to 5 (wo)men

-I employed 2 Haemonculus' with liquifier guns at 60 pts each, one in each wych squad raider

-The trueborn squad was omitted to make room for the 2 Haemonculus

So the big question is: 5 man trueborn squad w/ 2 splinter cannons and an extra wych in each squad
OR
2 Haemonculus with liquifier guns ( I would also lose the shredder in the last warrior squad and combat drugs on archon w/ this list)

To be quite honest I am thinking the Haemonculus' might actually be more effective as they will grant pain tokens to the wyches and the liquifiers will help clear out squads before the charge. Thank you in advance, especially for reading through all the fluff.

Last edited by last light lost sun on Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff   Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:39

More Trueborn and Wyches in my opinion.

I'd drop the Sybarites and give the Wych squads A Hekatrix each. Also, I think that you need more AT, so having more Dark Lances would be useful.

Have you considered writing the fluff out and posting it in the appropriate section, because I'd really like to read it? Very Happy

Oh, and just to inform you, there is a nice sub-forum for introducing yourself, but welcome to The Dark City!

Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
last light lost sun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff   Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:50

Cavash wrote:
More Trueborn and Wyches in my opinion.

I'd drop the Sybarites and give the Wych squads A Hekatrix each. Also, I think that you need more AT, so having more Dark Lances would be useful.

Have you considered writing the fluff out and posting it in the appropriate section, because I'd really like to read it? Very Happy

Oh, and just to inform you, there is a nice sub-forum for introducing yourself, but welcome to The Dark City!

Your right, Hextrix's will get more use than sybarites. I was worried I didn't have enough anti infantry actually which is why I put in disentegrators on the second raider, but considering the Raiders will be on the move a lot maybe more dark lances is the way to go.

The way my first game went was I loaded up on one flank against Imperial Guard and basically just turbo boosted everything right in front of his face (on the right flank only) and forced him to pick and choose what to destroy (doing my best to obscure los for more important units). It worked out OK, but what I didn't realise is how painful it is getting shot out of these destroyed raiders (str 4 hit! ouch). What I think I will change this time as a general tactic is moving all the raiders 12 inches therefore I can take 6 dark lance shots with the raiders plus 3 from the ravager. This way I can do damage first turn AND stay out of rapid fire range. The only disadvantage is that anything destroyed will be further out of reach than if I got right in his face. Im tempted to keep the disintegrators on the other ravagers though, Ill have to think about it.

Thanks for the advice, more to ponder!
Back to top Go down
last light lost sun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff   Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2012, 18:57

Ok here's a more updated list of what I have. Im still a little conflicted over taking the Trueborns over the Haemonculus, as the liquifier guns would do a nice job of softening up squads before the wyches charge and also they get a pain token. However, with all the lists I've seen trueborn seem very popular and as I used to run a very assault orientated army, I think the new codex has made me realize I need to rely more on shooting. I changed the 2nd Ravager to Dark Lances as well, although Im sure there will be some instances where I am wishing I had disintegrators on there.

I am still working on the fluff, I need to grab my old codex from my friends house and see if they make any mention of solar cults in there, otherwise the fluff is going to be largely up to my own interpretation. (which is fine)

Also remember to refer back to the original post as I changed some names of upgrades around for fluff (sky lance = dark lance, etc.)

Dark Eldar Solar Alliance
Kabal Of The Last Light
Cult Of The Lost Sun
Coven of Luminous Transgressions

Archon Xalkire, Heir to the Torrid Harvest
–Agoniser, solar field, combat drugs-120 pts

4 Incubi Warriors
Raider Transport- 148 pts

4 Trueborn of the Last Light
2 Splinter Cannons -68 points

4 Trueborn of the Last Light
2 Splinter Cannons -68 points

6 Wyches of the Lost Sun
-haywire grenades, Raider transport-132 pts

6 Wyches of the Lost Sun
-haywire grenades, Raider transport-132 pts

splinter cannon, shredder, Raider transport-165 pts

Talos Pain Engine of Haemonculus Heliacas, Lord of Transgressions,
w/Ichor Injector-105 pts

Ravager
Sky Lances and Solarshield-115 pts

Ravager
Sky lances and Solarshield-115 pts

Torrid Murderous Total-1498 pts

“The Suns! Preserve the suns that illuminate our most profound travesty!
They bear greatest witness to this day of numinous murder! ” -Archon Xalkire, Heir to the Torrid Harvest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff   Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings to you with a 1500 tournie list w/ fluff
Page 1 of 1