THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 18:14

So heres my little "test" Kabal. Its entirely customisable at this point, so fresh ideas are welcome. Its supposed to be an mainly assault oriented army, backed up with a Razorwing (spreadin chaos is good Twisted Evil ) and a unit of Scourges (Nobody is fleeing from my grasp). Btw, the Archon/Incubi unit is just for fluff reasons, so I probably am not changing that.

Oh, and this is only for fun games. I dont like going to tournaments, since slaughtering helpless newbies is much more enjoyable What a Face

HQ:

Archon with Shadow Field, Huskblade, Combat Drugs and Ghost Plate Armour

Elites:

6xIncubi. One upgraded to Klaivex whos equipped with Demiklaives and Onslaught
Raider with Enhanced Aethersails and Flickerfield

Troops:

10xWyches with a Razorflails and Hydra Gauntlets. One upgraded to Hekatrix with Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Agonizer

10xWyches with a Razorflails and Hydra Gauntlets. One upgraded to Hekatrix with Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Agonizer

Fast Attack:

5xScourges with two Splinter Cannons. One upgraded to Solarite.

Heavy Support:

Razorwing Jetfighter with 4xShatterfield Missiles.

Chronos Parasite Engine

"The Mon-keigh are nothing, but vermin! Their gene-bred counterparts are fun though..." ~ Haemonculus Serkhil

"Our fortress is impenetrable! Some lithe xenos have no hope of breaching it. Wait... what is that darkness...?" ~ Last words of the Space Marine captain Augustus of the Imperial Fists,

Last edited by Sara'khil Umbrakol on Wed Jul 25 2012, 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 18:54

Only concerning the question about the Chronos, I don't think it's really a problem. What you end up with is a unit that is providing some amount of ranged support, plus pain tokens, that really gets into the thick of things around turn 3. This allows the Chronos to be where you need it, when you need it. A talos would also be a good investment. Other people will tell you otherwise, but I really feel that one delayed punch can be very useful.
Back to top Go down
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 19:37

Roc wrote:
Only concerning the question about the Chronos, I don't think it's really a problem. What you end up with is a unit that is providing some amount of ranged support, plus pain tokens, that really gets into the thick of things around turn 3. This allows the Chronos to be where you need it, when you need it. A talos would also be a good investment. Other people will tell you otherwise, but I really feel that one delayed punch can be very useful.
True a Chronos would provide suitable fire support and sometimes an useful fire magnet (those lascannons kill it, but spare my raiders), but of course those extra pain tokens it provides to my wyches is a major plus! I have to think about it Wink

"The Mon-keigh are nothing, but vermin! Their gene-bred counterparts are fun though..." ~ Haemonculus Serkhil

"Our fortress is impenetrable! Some lithe xenos have no hope of breaching it. Wait... what is that darkness...?" ~ Last words of the Space Marine captain Augustus of the Imperial Fists,
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 19:48

If you do try out the Chronos (or that other one) let us know how it goes at that points level.
Back to top Go down
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 20:11

Added more stuff to the Archon and one Chronos. Hopefully that big piece of meat can share lots of pain Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 20:23

Unfortunately, the huskblade has lost a lot of its points-value now that it is less effective at killing the things it used to be best at (those 2+ save multi-wound monsters and ICs). It's still effective, but the opinion at large is that it's not cost effective.

Also, while ghost plate does provide a really nice back-up to the shadow field, a 4++ won't save you from that much anyway given our low toughness, and it costs a lot of points for both of them-- especially at such a low point game. A popular Archon build seems to be the Archon, field, drugs, power axe. Switching to that would free up a good 40 points, and still leave him as a very effective compliment to the incubi.

Also, the flickerfields are a little overkill with the new jink save, and I'm not sure a solarite on the scourges will do much good for the cost (additional LD for 10 points is a bit much, it gives an extra A-- but you dont want them in CC anyway, and sure, its decent for challenges-- but again, if they're in CC they're already lost). I would drop all 3 FFs and the Solarite, and a FF to the flier, and make the switches on the Archon. That frees up about 70 more points to be placed elsewhere. Drop 2 or 3 wyches from each squad, maybe one or two of the weapons, and you can afford a third wych squad w/raider. Or drop those 2 wyches, give yourself 110 points to play with, and fit a ravager in there to shore up the lack of anti-tank you're looking at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.   Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Dying Moon 1250p.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: