THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies Empty
PostSubject: Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies   Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 13:47

Just a heads up. This post is kinda long, because it's got everything I've at least slightly assembled thus far. I didn't feel it was right to make any progress unless I did.

Starting off with some Scourge, to be a scourge on continued reading (although, so are horrible puns and lenghty first post..)

They've been my crash test dummies for taking photos, because they're the most complete and have the most detail that I so I could see if it came out clear enough.

First, the Scourge holding the Ork head.

Spoiler:

Scourge with Sword

Spoiler:

3rd Scourge with Shard Carbine

Spoiler:

The Two with Splinter Cannons

Spoiler:

Some warriors, look, they Kabal that bad?

The sometimes a Sybarite Kabalite Warrior

Spoiler:

Lancy Dark Lance Kabalite Warrior Warrior Dark Kabalite Lance Eldar

Spoiler:

Blasted Blasting Blaster Kabalite Warrior

Spoiler:

These other guys with splinter rifles and bad attitudes and splinter rifles!

Spoiler:

And the entire squad, they're not lonely anymore

Spoiler:

Reavers reaving the rewards of all their hard work!

Cluster Caltrops Ponytail Winky Face Gal!

Spoiler:

When I started painting them, I had no idea how I was going to paint the helmets. I can't rememeber how I got the idea to use emoticon faces (except maybe from the amount I use Razz) but I figure it makes them more chracterful, and personalised. So every one of them is getting some sort of emoticon.

Reaver Jetbike Crazytoungface guy!

Spoiler:

Originally, this rider was the one on the clusterbike, but she was the most unique (read has the ponytail of power) so I switched them. They aren't glued down or anything, so it wasn't that hard.

Ghost rider Jetbike!

Spoiler:

The handle bar on the right broke off, so I've kept the rider off so he can get his own new bike and I can probably use this one for a champion or something. I have some unbuilt riders and mostly built jetbikes at the moment, so they don't have to wait too long. I'm just deciding how I'm going to equip them first.

Reaving Reaver Jetbikes Squad

Spoiler:

They're so blue together :'(

There's more updates coming, so stay tuned Razz

Which Wych is the Wych which is the first Wych which I show?

First, both of the Hekatrix

Spoiler:

Hydra Gauntlets!

Spoiler:

Random Wyches I thought look cool enough to have their own photos

Spoiler:

And the squads

Spoiler:

The green Wyches are in the process of being repainted to the same blue scheme as the RJB, because it's much better I think and it makes them more cohesive. Which I felt they needed since they both fly under the banner of the Wych Cult of the Blackstar, the wych cult I made up for my Wych stuff.

Everything is colour coded mostly to tie it to either my Kabal, Cult, Coven and Hellion Gang (mostly to seperate Hellions from everything else, as I HATE them). My Kabal of Shade's Night (maybe Knight? I've never thought of either specifically nor have I written it down before) is purple. My Cult of the Blackstar is Blue, and there has to be a black star somewhere on each model. Coven models are orange. Hellions (HATE) are yellow. Mandrakes are seperate and I haven't decided yet.

Now that I think about it, I think I should call my Hellion gang (HATE)

Anyway, MORE PICS Very Happy

In come the Incubi

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure they need to be re-highlighted, I'm not sure though.

An Arch on Archon

Spoiler:

Haemoculae Buddies

Spoiler:

I haven't gotten any of the new ones yet, but I kinda prefer these old ones.

Raiding Raiders, for a Raidy day

Spoiler:

Razor sharp Razorwing

Spoiler:

And some more mostly assembled Warriors and Reavers

Spoiler:

There, that's everything so far. Now I can actually progress Razz

I know it's fairly lengthy, but if anyone has any C&C that'd be great Smile
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies   Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 15:10

Howdy and welcome.

Initially off the bat,

the spoilers have got to go. It is extremely tedious to click all the buttons to see your models.

That being said, it appears that you have made some progress, although I don't know exactly where you began.

The color coding is something I like, however, I think yours might be a bit much. That's my opinion on the currently models I have to look at, and if you like what you have, then ignore me completely. I tend to prefer more uniformity and less "dramatic flare" unless they are space orks, then all bets are off.

It appears to me that you are going for some kind of lighting or flowing energy pattern on your vehicles. One thing that helps is to make use of more colors in the same hue so that the transition from dark to light is less stark. I generally use about 5 to 7 colors so that I get the effect I am going for.

Anyhoo, off to a great start and look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies   Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 06:59

Thanks for the advice GAR

The spoilers are there because of how pic heavy the first post is. I could probably take them out, but I'm not sure how long it may take some other users to load the page.

The lack of uniformity is something that alot of people comment on. I've tried to make them different, but with a common link. Like giving every sargeant red, or something. I've been trying to find other ways to tie things together, because it used to be worse (Wyches used to be green and jetbikes were blue for example) I'm not sure how to tie them together much more without repainting everything. I could actually put more red around the squads, but how would I tell the sargeants apart? (The more subtler ones anyway) I could probably make them entirely red, now that I think about it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies   Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drk_O's Dark Eldar and Buddies
Page 1 of 1