THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best Challenge Characters.

Go down 
+9
Drunkspleen
Grumpy Kwi
Shadows Revenge
Azdrubael
Darwin_green5
alexwellace
csjarrat
Enfernux
callofdoobie
13 posters
AuthorMessage
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

Best Challenge Characters.  Empty
PostSubject: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 05:42

I have to give a huge shout out to Duke Sliscus, I've only lost one challenge so far with him(Draiko, that's all I need to say about that) out of about 17 so he has been a real monster for me.

Who's been your favorite DE character for challenge's this edition?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 08:34

Well, for friendly games my friends at flgs let me equip my archon with klaives for 15 pts, so my archoness with a klaive, drugs, pgl, shadowfield.
I don use spec characters, except for sliscus, but that army is for shooting. I dont use that army any more, but when i did, it was still 5th ed, so i couldnt chalange Sad meh

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30 2012, 09:37

archon, shadow field, power axe, drugs has been a winner for me so far. has gone toe to toe with ork warbosses, space marine captains, chaplains and librarians and been victorious.
i've only lost him twice, and that was to half an armies worth of shooting!
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 12:36

Enfernux wrote:
Well, for friendly games my friends at flgs let me equip my archon with klaives for 15 pts, so my archoness with a klaive, drugs, pgl, shadowfield.
I don use spec characters, except for sliscus, but that army is for shooting. I dont use that army any more, but when i did, it was still 5th ed, so i couldnt chalange Sad meh

Archon with Klaives? Where does this come from?

I've found that the haemonculas i usally field with wyches does terribly in a challenge, but a haemon ancient does wonders!!!

Haemon w/ venom Blade, (dont help in challenge, but also do wonders with Overwatch and stuff:Liquifier and shattershard)
With his I of 5, he strikes before most champs, hitting on 3,s wounding on 2, forcing enough saves to win any 1 wound champ.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 12:50

@alex: as i said, in friendly games, some house rules, like my Matriarch - archoness - of the Serpents Kiss kabal, with venom-fangs, mono-fiber whip, holo-projector and drug pack. She can only be used when someone from the flgs chalanges me out to decrease my points in the rank, the higher you are, the more cheaper stuff get in the store Very Happy
Mind you shes 250 pts with everything, special rules etc.

The "Master Incubi" - aka archon with klaive - is just a touch of fun, for 15pts, klaive is i think a normal trade.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 15:44

I'm thinking the Baron Sathonyx would be a jerk in challenges since he and his squad can pull an IC from their squad during their hit-and-run move, and as long as he has 5 guys left he gets a reroll.

And re-rolling a 2+ invulnerable save sounds just plain mean.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 16:42

What sort of question is that?
Have you looked at Drazhar entry?

That beast is made to win any challenge he goes in. He is so fething mean that he will try to get to that IC even when was refused in challenge.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 17:07

our sargies should be able to beat any other sargie out there (except maybe WG termie)

as for IC on IC action, Lelith isnt bad, and Draz is awesome. I personally like Archon w/ Power Axe. his AP2 really helps

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 22:01

Azdrubael wrote:
What sort of question is that?
Have you looked at Drazhar entry?

That beast is made to win any challenge he goes in. He is so fething mean that he will try to get to that IC even when was refused in challenge.

LOL, yep. His entry specifically says he has never lost a dual - he even hits people when it's their turn to strike.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 07:33

I like Drazher, but he could get beat by a TH/SS termie pretty easily lol, I put Lelith over Drazher simply because of her invuln save.

Last edited by callofdoobie on Wed Aug 01 2012, 08:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drunkspleen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 07:47

Worth noting with Drazhar is the potential for Eternal Warrior to allow him to claim a FNP "save" even against things that inflict instant death.

There's been some debate around the issue so it's worth checking with your game groups / tournaments before you will do it, but basically, if ignoring FNP is an effect of Instant Death, then models with Eternal Warrior won't have their FNP ignored, which basically makes him a terminator if he can claim his 5+ FNP against the likes of power fists.

Also, keep in mind that despite Riposte specifying he uses his basic strength, nothing stops him from being able to use his Demiklaives' AP 2/3, and if you roll a 6 to wound on your riposte attack you get a free attack thanks to Onslaught.

He is an absolutely spectacular character, albeit an expensive one, it's just too bad he and any Incubi he accompanies still won't have Plasma Grenades...
Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 18:47

Has anyone thought of Urien Rakarth?

T5

3W

Clonefield (possible negate 3 attacks)

Heal 1 Wound on his player turn

Yeah he doesn't have any weapons that provide AP 2 or 3. He will just act like a tank.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 19:41

I have one thing to say. Frak Mindshackle scarabs. Haven't had a 6e game against any army other than Necrons so far, and it just keeps happening. It doesn't even matter how good or bad the character is if he just kills himself.

I guess I am learning to hate Necrons like a proper Eldar. It's this "Oh no... not them... but I'll go down fighting, you bastards!" feel I get each time I face our ancient enemy.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 20:08

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
I have one thing to say. Frak Mindshackle scarabs. Haven't had a 6e game against any army other than Necrons so far, and it just keeps happening. It doesn't even matter how good or bad the character is if he just kills himself.

I guess I am learning to hate Necrons like a proper Eldar. It's this "Oh no... not them... but I'll go down fighting, you bastards!" feel I get each time I face our ancient enemy.

They are a real nightmare, however there is a trick you can use to minimise their damage, fight cheese with cheese.

Scarabs happen at the beginning of the combat phase, so do challenges. This means if it's your turn you can decide the order in which simultaneous things happen. This means you can get the noobcron to use his scarabs before challenges are issued (meaning a random model in base contact). You better kill him quick after this though!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 20:57

Of course! After looking at the Necron FAQ, it says "At the start of the fight sub-phase, randomly select a model in base contact". So yeah! I can first tell the Necron player to use scarabs, then, before making attacks, I challenge him.

Thank you, Mushkilla! You have just made my day!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:03

No problem. Smile

I just hope they don't get FAQed to work after challenges, as it stands they are the most broken piece of horrendously overpowered Ward cheese in existence! (3d6 has a 50% chance of being greater then 10, meaning as you well know there is a 50% chance you kill yourself)

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:17

And that's even before attempting to scratch that mofo with t5, 2+/3++/4+++ w/ d3 wounds on resurrection. That piece of wargear seriously baffles me. 50% chance of doing anything to that already incredibly powerful IC is just plain silly.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:27

I have nothing personal against Ward, but what he does is just monstrous both in terms of army power and fluff. He's like a whirling dervish of destruction, anything he touches instantly becomes broken and then proceeds to murder a covenant of sisters.

I just hope he doesn't do the Eldar Dex, he would turn it from an elegant ridiculously over costed rapier into a sledge hammer army that would make guard players jealous.

"Eldar armour is so advanced, its just like magic, man!" - Ward explaining the reason why the entire eldar army now supports 2+ saves and starcannons.

Back to top Go down
Kayto_Karite
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:40

All aboard the WARDtrain desitination WARDland. At WARDland you will find fluff that doesn't make sense even in the 40k universe. Around the corner you will find the local WARDbary, here you can check out Codexes that require a skill level of 1. At the local Games-WARDshop you can play a 5min game of 40k, the game conisists of Deployment and whoever has turn 1 rolls a 2d6 on a 2+ the game ends, the rolling Player gets full VP, and gets to sweep the opponents models off the table in preperation for the next opponent.

In other news, I also thought an Archon w/ P. Axe and Ago (or P. Sword), CD, SF, and ST would be a good challenger. He can use the P. Axe against 2+ and the Ago against 3+.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 23:21

Mushkilla wrote:
I just hope he doesn't do the Eldar Dex, he would turn it from an elegant ridiculously over costed rapier into a sledge hammer army that would make guard players jealous.

I fully believe he will have to break Eldar codex out of the cold, dead hands of Jes Goodwin and Phil Kelly.

Gosh, we're really off topic now. To contribute, I'd agree about Sliscus being a pretty good challenger. Quite reasonably priced, good buffs, decent stats, wounds on 2+ and ignores armour on 5+. What's not to love?

Drunkspleen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05 2012, 11:14

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Gosh, we're really off topic now. To contribute, I'd agree about Sliscus being a pretty good challenger. Quite reasonably priced, good buffs, decent stats, wounds on 2+ and ignores armour on 5+. What's not to love?

What's not to love is the fact he is forced to start games with an entirely non close combat oriented unit.

I love Sliscus, like I was obsessed with him from the first time I read about him, but the fact he is forced to start with a warrior or trueborn unit still really bugs me.
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 04:27

It's cause of the poison buff; he has to physically be there to give them the "special" toxin's......although you would think they could take care of something minor like that during the planning stages of the raid....they apparently cannot. I just wait till I get close and have Sliscus charge something solo; he'll kill most moderately sized squads and make a meal out of monstrous creatures. I would send him with some support if you want to go after something scary like Death Company though.

Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06 2012, 05:30

It depends what you're challenging. I find that the Succubus makes will probably give you the most bang for your buck against non-2+ characters. An 85 point Succubus makes short work of a 115+ Ork Warboss and other "unuber" enemies. This makes me happy, because it looks like a Xeno renaissance at my local hobby store.

Drazar is pretty boss against just about everything. His price tag is a killer though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Challenge Characters.    Best Challenge Characters.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Challenge Characters.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: