THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?

Go down 
+8
Grumpy Kwi
Arhra
Roc
Azdrubael
Anggul
Mushkilla
Count Adhemar
csjarrat
12 posters
AuthorMessage
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? Empty
PostSubject: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 13:53

well apparently we're due a 2nd round of FAQ's and its highly likely we'll get our harlies brought into line with CWE's.
if this happens (cant see why it wouldnt, they are the self same harlies after all!!), then these guys are going to be rocking a 4+ save, even in the open.
if you can dump a portal near cover, these guys can walk into it (ignoring terrain rolls for flip belt) and get a 2+ save. shiny! they then jump out and rend the crap out of even terminators. fusion pistols could be useful here too in that role. i think these guys are gonna be golden for wwp players.
what are your thoughts? would your rather take beasts instead?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 14:08

To my mind, beasts basically do exactly the same job as Harlequins but at a fraction of the cost. Rending attacks from Razorwing Flocks and 4++ saves from Khymerae, ignore terrain and faster movement.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 14:18

Count Adhemar wrote:
To my mind, beasts basically do exactly the same job as Harlequins but at a fraction of the cost. Rending attacks from Razorwing Flocks and 4++ saves from Khymerae, ignore terrain and faster movement.

They don't even need a portal any-more! Razz

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 14:25

yeah but the beast models are hideous :-)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2012, 14:29

Which is why I'm using 'counts as' models instead. Very Happy

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 18:59

I love the beast models, I think they look excellent.

...it's just a shame they're ridiculously expensive. Still, Vampire Counts Dire Wolves + Tyranid bitz = Brilliant copies of the Khymaera models.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 21:20

Dont know if thats just me, but dont being shot at all was better then 2+ cover save.

Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 22:21

The big difference for me is the slot. In a reaver/scourge heavy list I usually don't have the FA slot open, in other lists I don't have an extra elites. They may provide a similar use in a WWP, but its nice to have the option. Additionally, note that the Harlequin save can get boosted (i.e. from standing behind stg else coming out of the WWP... like jetbikes with a 3++ cover save!). So more points/bigger upside/smaller footprint is something to consider when comparing them to beasts.... but for me the decision usually comes down to force organization.
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 00:48

If you take allied Eldar Harlequins (so you can cast fortune on them), then they are better than breasts. However, I agree that our beasts are better otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 08:52

Arhra wrote:
they are better than breasts

Calling Mr Freud...

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 14:48

Arhra wrote:
...then they are better than breasts. However, I agree that our beasts are better otherwise.

Um, no way.

Okay, I surrender that I just do not get why Eldar Harlequins are better than DE Harlequins. I am going to pretend I know nothing of the new rules or the FAQ - all I know is that when you look at the two entries of harlequins in the two codexs (Eldar and Dark Eldar) that they are identical even to the point cost.

So, can someone please explain to me how the Dark Eldar Harlequins are inferior because I am a little thick - why doesn't the Shadowseer have the same abilities?

Sorry, I can't take it any more - explain it like I am that bratty 6 year old that keeps touching your models without permission and then drops it.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 14:57

They only only included the updated Veil of Tears in the CWE FAQ, so rules as written the DE version of them uses the old rules. Like how some Marines were stuck with the worse stormshields for like a year before GW FAQd them to use the codex: SM version.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 14:59

The Eldar FAQ, with regard to Veil of Tears, says "Replace the 2nd and 3rd sentences with "The Shadowseer, and all models in her unit, have the Stealth and Shrouded special rules". The Dark Eldar FAQ does not contain this. To make matters worse, the FAQ writer meant to say paragraphs rather than sentences so the ELdar Harlequins currently have the old version of Veil of Tears plus the Stealth and Shrouded rules.

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 19:59

Ah! OK, I get it now:

DE Harlies have rules: A

CWE Harlies have rules: A+B

This whole time I thought CWE just had rules B and would rather have rules A anyway. So now not only does the opponent have to roll to see them but if he does they have this awesome cover save...interesting.

And of course the DE meta is rushing out to use CWE harlies knowing this is a fluke in our favor supported by RAW.

I suppose what would be funnier would be that not only is it an excellent chance GW will still not get it fixed but compound it by giving the DE Harlequins the same exact verbage without the adjusted reference corrections.

On the other hand, being a xenos army, GW will probably not only make the corrections to both FAQ's but also change the sentence to paragraph mix up as well - can't have the filthy evil space elf clowns beating up the burly men of the Empire now can we?

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 21:24

Count Adhemar wrote:
Arhra wrote:
they are better than breasts

Calling Mr Freud...

Embarassed

Although, I standby what I said. They are that good.

Also, the Eldar Harlies can have fortune cast on them (without getting into an argument with your opponent on whether or not Dark Eldar units are Eldar units). Fortune effects the whole unit, and battle brother characters can join allied units, so you can have a rerollable shadowfield if you want.

For those that don't have the Eldar codex, Fortune may only be cast on Eldar units. In order to avoid arguments, I just take the Eldar harlies as allies. I think eventually Fortune will be changed to being cast on allies, but it hasn't yet.
Back to top Go down
Vaxian
Slave

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 08:06

With the targetting rules about having to take wounds from the front (relative to the shooter) put an archon w/ shadowfield in front with a farseer. fortune the unit, but the archon up "front" and what the hilarity as your enemies try to crack at 2+ rerolllable inv save. If you are in a larger game and feeling truly sadistic, get Vect and Eldrad and a group of harlequins together with a shadowseer. I'm still tinkering with it to make is smoother but the idea is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 09:16

Vaxian wrote:
fortune the unit, but the archon up "front" and what the hilarity as your enemies try to crack at 2+ rerolllable inv save.

The way I've been rolling the last few games, that would still be about 2 shots. Crying or Very sad

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 10:06

Count Adhemar wrote:
Vaxian wrote:
fortune the unit, but the archon up "front" and what the hilarity as your enemies try to crack at 2+ rerolllable inv save.

The way I've been rolling the last few games, that would still be about 2 shots. Crying or Very sad

I hear ya!

If you can make your unit tougher, then we're talking something like T5 or T6, 2++ with reroll.....
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 14:22

Count Adhemar wrote:
Vaxian wrote:

thats why you use this in conjunction with a phoenix lord. That way you have a 2+ always up in front, and if you get hit by something that is AP1 or 2, you can LoS to the Archon, who takes it instead

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 14:29

Well now we're getting into ridicluous points cost as we have unit+archon+farseer+phoenix lord.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 15:56

for the amount of fire it draws in, its well worth it. Trust me on it (check out my DE list in my sig if you want to see how one looks)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?   harlequins just became awesome for wwp people? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

harlequins just became awesome for wwp people?
Page 1 of 1