THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A simple Flickerfield change!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

A simple Flickerfield change! Empty
PostSubject: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 18:23

What if flicker-fields were changed to give the stealth USR.

A moving skimmer would have a 4+ cover save.
A skimmer moving flat our would have a 3+ cover save.
Ruins would give you a 3+ cover save.
Flyers performing evasive manoeuvres would have a 4+ save.

What does this do? It makes the flicker-field an interesting choice on all transports, and brings it back in line on our flyers (the 5+ invulnerable being nice but not intentional, I would see it getting changed when the codex is updated).

Thoughts?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 19:05

and if they are shot by a s10 ignoring cover weapon, then they are toast. 5up invul is good

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 20:00

its not a bad idea, but I still like my 5+ invul. It works in close combat, as well as being able to get it even if I go second and havent moved my transports. Also the ability for flyers to get the dodge save without the penaltiy is well worth the 10 pts imho.

Would I use them if they were stealth, yes, ofc. Do I still use them now? Ofc...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 20:15

I know it's good. I just don't see them keeping it that way, for long. So I was just experimenting with stuff they might change it to (I might be overestimating GW here).

Ok here is another question: what if it gave the vehicle shrouding (+2 cover saves). Would you consider that broken?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 23:12

Mushkilla wrote:

Ok here is another question: what if it gave the vehicle shrouding (+2 cover saves). Would you consider that broken?

ignore cover weapons and/or tau markerlights.out in the open, no cover from 2 lights, that is 2 pathfinders hitting, and with aporx 3 hitting per turn, no advantage., ignoring cover flamers? Heavy flamers? s10 lb imperial? no please. 5up invul, except vs vindicar assassin? yes!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 14:21

I do think that shrouding would be alittle too far. Considering that means just moving your raiders would give them a 3+ save at all times. 66% chance to ignore all damage is very powerful indeed for only 10 points... maybe 15??? but not 10

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 18:00

Flickerfields are among the most expensive upgrades that we can get... so, why not:

5+ inv save...

AND stealth IF the vehicle has moved (as the vehicle has changed from a blur that shifts in and out of reality to a MOVING blur that shifts in and out of reality, making it more difficult to shoot at).

As it stands, I think that FF's are worth about half the cost that they are now (whereas they were properly priced in 5th edition). Allowing it to provide a benefit in all situations would make it worth its price again.
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 23:23

If you want to buff flickerfields, they need to stay invul. The best way to do this is for them to function as a way to turn any cover save the vehicle has into an invul save. So...

25% behind area terrain or other units? 5++.
Moving out in the open? 5++.
Moving flat out? 4++.
Night fighting? Probably 4++ or 3++, depending on the range and cover.
Hull down behind a building? 3++.
Caught immobile out in the open? No cover = no invul.

Sounds like a fun upgrade to me.

PostSubject: Re: A simple Flickerfield change!   A simple Flickerfield change! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A simple Flickerfield change!
Page 1 of 1