THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sisters help

Go down 
+4
Shadows Revenge
Enfernux
solsinferno
Dark Son
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 06:06

A guy in my local league is running Sisters w/Celestine and I can't even get close to beating him. Flamers do bad things to my assault troops. Any tips on how to turn the tables, esp with our lack of templates?
Back to top Go down
solsinferno
Slave
solsinferno

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 06:19

Could you please be a little more thorough on the list he's bringing? I imagine it's chock full of flamers. Is he mechanized? Mostly jump packs?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 09:29

have you tried grots, wracks and missile spam? Very Happy A lot of liquifires in there, some nasty melee weapons to, a lot of wounds on grots, and then ofc the shatterfield, for your opponent will get saves against yo missiles, so better make it reroll fail to wounds...or you could go gunboatz cwazy against him, forcing a lot of saves and he will fail them.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 14:26

First thing, if you are assaulting sisters when they still have their flamers, then your doing it wrong. Their ability to take 2 or more makes assaulting them almost useless unless with Grots or maybe wracks. Pick and choose your battles, assault the squads w/ melta, and shoot the flamer squads.

Secondly your main target is and will always be his excorsists... those things rip through our vehicles like no other. Get rid fo them first, so you can move on to open up his rhinos.

And as for Celestine... its called a venom, shoot it Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 15:48

His Exorcists are my #1 priority, esp since he has a nasty habit of rolling 6 missiles for at least 1 of them turn 1. As to his list, off the top of my head

Celestine
5 Seraphim (2 w/2 hand flamers)
9 Eviscerators w/Sister Superior (Rhino)
9 Battle Sisters w/Sister Superior; flamer, heavy flamer (Rhino)
Retributor Squad w/ 4 heavy flamers (can't remember the name but the FW transport they can get)
2 Exorcists

Hope this helps, last game I didn't do too bad, unfortunately my dice decided to come down with one-itis at a really inopportune moment (including when rolling charge distance for my Wracks)
Back to top Go down
solsinferno
Slave
solsinferno

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 16:16

As Shadows Revenge said, you have priority targets and units you just shoudln't assault. The D3 auto hits from flamers on Overwatch is something almost all of your units is allergic to.

The units that really shine for me for Sister is Incubi and our transports.A high number of poison shots from a venom and plenty of DL from our Raiders makes taking out Celestine and the exorcists a lot easier. The Incubi also have a higher chance of living through the overwatch for flamers and they make sisters disappear.

Just prioritize his AT and the rest should be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 16:52

Thanks for the help, already ordered a second venom, lately I've been running my Archon in it, but have come to realize 4 incubi just aren't enough. Might run him with a mini court and run the incubi in a Raider so I can take a larger unit.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 16:59

Remember the incubi need the archon for offensive grenades. Personally I have always found 4 incubi and an archon to be very cost effective against power armour.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 17:16

True, but when 3 of them get flamed on the way in (it'd help if I could make a 3+ save at some point) it tends to adversely affect me. Seem to be rolling alot of 1's and 2's lately
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 17:25

I normally run my Archon in first when I charge, that was I can take anything AP1 or AP2 on him, and then LOS the rest of the wounds to the Incubi. Try that out next time. Remember wounds are distributed towards the closest model

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 01:53

Dark Son wrote:

5 Seraphim (2 w/2 hand flamers)

so when assaulting thats 4d3 hits just from those 2 gals. ok, s3, so they wound on a 4up...but thats usually 4 dead nonincubi models.

@Shadows: remember what we used to say: shadowfield will fail XD but it is better to save 5 wounds from 7 hits than none right? Very Happy

on exorcists: i love'em. s8 ap1(or2 cant remember right now, but i think its 1) and heavy d6. When i told my opponent it was heavy D6(!), he made me repeat myself. After that he just LOLd Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 04:56

They are ap1 enfernux, nothing helps the memory like knowing they've got a 2/3 chance of pinning, and a 2/3 chance of immolating your Raider when they do.
Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 07:43

I've had similar experiences against a very skilled sisters player. He usually runs Celestine, two exorcists, two seraphim squads, two sister squads in rhino, a retributor squad, a repentia squad and then som more. Last game, he allied himself with IG to get a russ and a guard unit with lascannon and a guard HQ with autocannon. The orders that made weapons TL and forced me to re-roll cover saves were not nice.

The exorcists are nasty, being able to fire from 3+ cover (for instance by firing over a rhino or over a suitable piece of terrain). He usually focuses on my Talos initially, that buys me a turn extra for my own shooting but more often than not my dark lance shooting is really impotent. Sixth will hopefully remedy this, since I'll be able to glance him to death at least.

Anyway, if it's difficult to get clear shots off at the exorcists (and it usually is, since they are relatively easy to hide) I hope to get his troops out in the open at least, and take care of them with my assault units (incubi and wracks). Venoms and disintegrator cannons meanwhile focus on the seraphims.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 11:46

I think i will finish painting my SoB...this just got me going. S8 AP1 HEAVYD6 FTW! Very Happy
Personally i would use wyches of 5 to crack the transports of the ladies, so 3-4 sqads is enough for that, then immediately charge in to decimate them.
St Cele aint that bigufa threat, she is only t3 and isnt EW. A squad of blasterborn, or two for survivability, maybe klaivex if you need to assault - hitting on 4s, wounding on 2s, ap2, so only invul.
Exorcists? The remaining wyches you didnt use to open up the rhinos, and/or two squads of scourges with HWB, starting in reserves, DSing and then removing them from play.

Be wary of Retributors with heavy flamers from an immolator with twin heavy flamers and a supperior with combi flamer. That is just sick!
5 H.flamer templates, one rerolls fail to wound, ignoring cover, and the squad can get rending from act of faith! Although by then they already pend our vehicles... XD I might just try this out for kicks, but im in to HB Retributors with Kyrnov.

Cant remember, can scout be confered to the joined IC? If yes, than a squad of dominions in an immolator with uriah, if not, the uriah bomb will sufice Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dark Son
Hellion
Dark Son

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 13:41

He hasn't used Uriah yet, and from what I've gathered, won't for the points we're going to in the league, thank heavens. He does use the BBQ Retributor squad, but puts them in a FW transport instead of an Immolater.
Back to top Go down
Enociac
Hellion
Enociac

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 18:04

The FW transport is called a repressor, and if you're worried about the bbq squad you'll want to punk that thing early. Sisters rely on getting in close early on and shooting your teeth out from point blank range. If you can shred their mobility with a nice alpha strike then you'll be able to dance circles around them and pick them apart at your pleasure.
If you have some longer ranged weapons have at them with that. Pepper them before you assault them with whatever you happen to have lying around. As for celestine, if you have a dark lance to spare you can throw that at her. She's only T3 and she doesn't have eternal warrior. If you can keep her down than you can focus on the rest of the army while she's getting to her feet. Just do your best to stay away from her. Besides Lelith or Drazar we don't have much anyone who can go toe to toe with her since 6th ed made power weapons ap3.
Good hunting!
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2012, 23:07

Enfernux wrote:

Cant remember, can scout be confered to the joined IC? If yes, than a squad of dominions in an immolator with uriah, if not, the uriah bomb will sufice Very Happy

Yes, scout gets conferred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sisters help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters help   Sisters help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sisters help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics