THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warlocks or Harlequins?

Go down 
+2
The New AIDS
Arhra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

Warlocks or Harlequins? Empty
PostSubject: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 01:46

Sliscus is looking for a crew to cut up his foes. He'd prefer to join an Eldar unit so that Fortune smiles on him. He also might have a haemonculus with a webway portal in the same unit. Eldrad will be in the same unit.

The purpose of the unit is to:

1) Protect the haemie until the portal is deployed
2) Have fortune cast on it
3) Fight stuff

The Duke will join the unit as soon as can. I'm leaning towards harliequins because they can actually kill stuff, and will have a rerollable 4++ save in the open anyway (matching the warlocks), and they are a little cheaper per model. Plus, much like the Duke... they are pretty good against a variety of foes due to rending.

Warlocks main advantage is they can bring flamers and are less vulnerable to them.

Do you guys think harlies are the better choice?
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 03:59

Just keep in mind that even battle brothers cannot use one another's transports. In this case I'd suggest warlocks, as they are just as fast as sliscus. Harlequins will be slowed down by him, thereby removing one of the advantages you pay fro when you get them. Warlocks also have psychic powers.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 14:49

harlie star is amazing... way better than a seer council

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 02:50

Yeah I'm still leaning the harlies... and I have them painted.

Warlocks are a little harder to kill, but don't come anywhere near the offensive potential.

Plus, harlies are just cooler. I can see the Duke liking their fabulous outfits.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 06:39

The New AIDS wrote:
Just keep in mind that even battle brothers cannot use one another's transports. In this case I'd suggest warlocks, as they are just as fast as sliscus. Harlequins will be slowed down by him, thereby removing one of the advantages you pay fro when you get them. Warlocks also have psychic powers.

I don't understand how harlequins are slowed down by the duke? They both have fleet and are infantry.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 07:22

Harlequins ignore difficult terrain entirely. It's like 1-2 points worth of their value, but could prove to be significant (Harlequins can get across the field unencumbered like crazy).

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 09:35

Both way you will have to start them on foot. And in that case - why even Sliscus?

Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 15:28

Azdrubael wrote:
Both way you will have to start them on foot. And in that case - why even Sliscus?

Mainly for the fortuned shadowfield to tank hits. I suppose I could take an Archon with venomblades, but the Duke also gives my reavers (I have 18) another shot at FNP drugs. Plus, he basically rends on a 5+ so he's good at killing the same types of things harlies can... and I just plain like him.

I plan on having him join the harlies asap, but he'll start the game with a small unit of warriors or trueborn.
Back to top Go down
cegorach
Slave
cegorach

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 23:39

well, i have tried the harlies, with someone with shadow field and a far seer with fortune and it works miracles.
have in mind that you also get to have hit and run Wink

one question though, you play 2000 pts and more? because with haemonculus you would have 3 has
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 01:21

cegorach wrote:
well, i have tried the harlies, with someone with shadow field and a far seer with fortune and it works miracles.
have in mind that you also get to have hit and run Wink

one question though, you play 2000 pts and more? because with haemonculus you would have 3 has

Yeah this is for 2k. I still may drop the Haemonculus anyway, I don't think the WWP is that important.. plus when the Voidraven comes out, he'd be the easiest thing to cut to make room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlocks or Harlequins?   Warlocks or Harlequins? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlocks or Harlequins?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: