THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Ed. 1500 point army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sedarofe
Hellion
Sedarofe

6th Ed. 1500 point army Empty
PostSubject: 6th Ed. 1500 point army   6th Ed. 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 00:12

Greetings fellows of the Dark City, after a bout of being stuck in the webway I'm finally back to the beloved Dark Eldar (translation: last year was hectic with school and dating.) But, now I'm back and planning to get into 6th ed. properly.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

HQ:
Archon w/ Agonizer, ghostplate armor, clone field, and phantasm grenade launcher

Elite:
Grotesques (4 total including Champ) 1 w/ liquifier gun, Aberration w/ Scissor hand.
Raider w/ Dis. Cannon
(Archon joins these fellows)

trueborn (4) w/ 4 blasters, Venom w/ splinter cannon

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors (10) w/ splinter cannon in a raider w/ splinter racks and night shields and Dis. Cannon

Kabalite Warriors (10) w/ splinter cannon in a raider w/ splinter racks and night shields and Dis. Cannon

Fast attack:
Reaver jetbike squad (6) w/ 2x caltrops

Heavy:
Ravager w/ darklances, night shield, and flicker field

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ dis. cannons, necrotoxin missiles (4) and night shields

I can explain the amount of nightshields as one of my regular opponents habitually runs grey knight terminator force w/ Kaldor drago, vindicare assassin and one dread (oddly enough, he doesn't get why everyone has animosity towards his army Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down
ravagetheimperium
Slave
ravagetheimperium

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed. 1500 point army   6th Ed. 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 00:42

I think your darklight weaponry/AT may cause you trouble. You only have 7 of them in a 1500 pts list. And not only that, they are concentrated into only 2 units, so you're basically inviting your opponent to catch you with all your eggs in one basket (two, really). You don't have Haywires to back them up either, so I predict you would have AT problems, especially if your opponent gets first turn. May I recommend smaller Warrior w/blaster groups in Venoms or giving the existing 10-strong groups blasters as well? No problems otherwise, a very good list against footslogging hordes/MC heavy lists IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sedarofe
Hellion
Sedarofe

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed. 1500 point army   6th Ed. 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 00:53

I would, if I actually had Venoms. as of now I only have one. I may get more in the future though once I get a chance to expand again. I do have around 20 wyches, a talos, and a unit of Wracks in my alternate forces for use, as well as quite a few more Reaver jetbikes with heatlances.

Again, the biggest obstacle in my local gaming group is the Grey Knights force that is footslogging. I need to see if transports still count as a victory point as in 5th ed my opponent had a tendency to keep gloating about how much more casualties I could take for him to win. (that said, I still play with him as 1) he is my friend, 2) it's fun beating that grin off his 2+ armored face in true Dark Eldar fashion). However, once i start playing more I'll see about spreading the AT love to my regular units.
Back to top Go down
ravagetheimperium
Slave
ravagetheimperium

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed. 1500 point army   6th Ed. 1500 point army I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 01:11

Sedarofe wrote:
2) it's fun beating that grin off his 2+ armored face in true Dark Eldar fashion

Couldn't agree more-Death to the cheesy GK! That's the greatest entertainment I get from 40K. They're not as cheesy anymore due to the nerf on FWs, but still I crave to fight against them. We got history, you know Razz

If your enemy is footslogging, yours is a very good list. However, do watch out for Hammerhand+Force weapons since Grots are hurt on a 4 and get lousy saves. Even with the nerf, those things still insta-kill.

Looking at your spare models, the Wyches could really shine if you put them in Raiders. My rule of thumb is that Wyches get more effective when the guys they fight get more expensive. Just make sure you get the charge and avoid the pesky flamers. You can also give them Haywires to support your Darklight, and the Agoniser(s) will do the dirty work against infantry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed. 1500 point army   6th Ed. 1500 point army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Ed. 1500 point army
Page 1 of 1