THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lost Carol OOC Thread

Go down 
+4
Thor665
Cavash
Ruke
Noctus Cornix
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:14

We're all special here Very Happy

*waves* Good to see you on the roleplaying side Chaeril Smile

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:23

Lady Malys wrote:
We're all special here Very Happy

*waves* Good to see you on the roleplaying side Chaeril Smile

I didn't read the argument, just loved the humour at the end pirat

But, yes, count me in for roleplaying / fantasy / fluff any day of the week!
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:28

Oh! Nooooo - I only meant the roleplaying side of the board!!

*panicked smiley*

There wasn't an argument, really Thor and I just misunderstood each other. Allow me to rephrase:

Good to see you in the roleplaying dens of the Dark City! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 21:48

Lady Malys wrote:
Oh! Nooooo - I only meant the roleplaying side of the board!!

*panicked smiley*

There wasn't an argument, really Thor and I just misunderstood each other. Allow me to rephrase:

Good to see you in the roleplaying dens of the Dark City! Very Happy

Hehe. Sorry. When it rains, it pours.

Want fluff? Here is mine. Just don't have a clue how old Chaeril is. I think she is reaching medium age, that age where a beauty queen, ehhhhhh arena champion, goes from dominating the stage to organising the pageant, due to lack of alternatives.

I guess Chaeril was a child around the time Vect fixed his coup, and she has learned to be patient and cautious from the former servants of her (dead) noble parents.

Quote :
Engaging in Commorragh politics is a risky business, as Chaeril, leader of the wych cult 'Void Scorpions', learnt time and again during the ages. As the heir to a now extinct Commorragh noble family, she harbours her quest for revenge against Asdrubael Vect as a sweet poison hidden behind an undying smile. Chaeril had to become an expert in reinventing herself, in order to survive. Even though she never managed to strike a direct blow against Vect, she has keenly sharpened the martial wits of herself and her cult during thousands of years. As Vect is a supreme master in subterfuge and espionage, Chaeril's only true success is hiding her noble ancestry from those who might use this fact against her. A matter which serves as a slow cancer, eating Chaeril up from within, for her wits, her charms and her smile are but a thin shield to hide her endless hatred for those that rule Commorragh.

In public eyes, Chaeril seems an adamant supporter of the Commorragh status quo, seemingly aloof, vain and only interested in the gladiatorial games in which her Void Scorpions have remained a top ten contestant for over a millennium. However, through endless layers of shadows and ploys, Chaeril obsesses over ways to kill Vect and bring a new golden age to Commorragh's nobility. As such, the Void Scorpions are always observing the galaxy for ways to secretly disturb the balance of power. The cult maintains ties to all manner of embittered Dark Eldar and Xenos outcasts and pirates, and after Chaeril has considered hundreds of ploys and diversions, moves and countermoves, she might lend her cloaked support to this or that attempt for a rebellion or a coup.

Recently, however, things went wrong, and Chaeril had to diverge quite a lot of resources to eliminate a Scourge spy loyal to Vect who had managed to link the Void Scorpions to a failed uprising. Even though the matter seems resolved at this point, Chaeril realises that the game she plays cannot be won through supporting incapable contenders to the throne. More active measures are needed. Perhaps a lesson in xenos subterfuge is what is truly needed – learned outside of the stale and ritualized power games of Commorragh.

Behind a veil of boredom, the Void Scorpions have thus withdrawn their name from the gladiatorial roster for a season to take their battle to the stars in an extended training mission. Their target: the hive world of Necromunda. There, only a few decennia before, the local ash waste nomads had won a series of stunning victories against the Necromundan armoured divisions, using no more than crude meltabombs and camo-cloaks to hide themselves in the endless ash wastes. After major uprisings against the governor, both within the hives and the wastes, one mon'keigh officer had managed to stem the tide by gaining the allegiance of the underhive gangs and the ash waste nomads alike. His 'reward' had been to lead a perpetual campaign under the flag of the Necromundan Expeditionary Forces, meant to see all these unruly rebels die for the glory of the Imperium. Chaeril is fascinated by the stories of this 'Nomad Legion', since, even though they suffered horrible losses, the Legion managed to win battle after battle using all manner of unconventional tactics and methods of guerrilla warfare.

Xenos mercenaries, outcasts and prisoners have made it clear to Chaeril that this man, brigadier general Alexander, now an old man, has been recalled to Necromunda for his final retirement. Knowing that this man has a soft spot for independent elements in the hives and the wastes alike, Chaeril wil lure him out by playing guerrilla warfare against the experts, striking deep into hives and wastes alike. All captives will be brought to Commorragh to appease the masses in the arenas. But the ultimate goal is to capture both this brigadier general Alexander and his nomad ally, the so-called 'Cardinal of Ashes', to pry them open for their secrets. And who knows, perhaps the hive world of Necromunda can be disturbed once again into open rebellion, to learn more about hit and run and scorched earth tactics - lessons which might be valuable in the next ploy against Vect.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 01:43

Quote :
Want fluff? Here is mine.
Always Very Happy Good fluff is half the reason I'm here Smile

I really like Chaeril's history and her carefully cultivated mask that hides her need for vengeance. (I also like how you've tied in your Imperial Guard Smile) She sounds like someone a certain Lady Malys might have a goal in common with ...

Do you have any stories written about your Wych Cult?

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 07:59

Some more thinking:

Chaeril is just now mustering her forces, trying to turn her wych gladiator cult into a real army. Recruiting xenos mercenaries, doing thieving raids in secret, making deals, buying warmachines,...

As of recently, she was little more than just one more harpy with little political power. A little bit like 'Vampire the Masquerade' where everybody is a vampire, not just a 1:10.000 to 1:100.000 minority. Even while bloodshed is regular, the true powers are as stale and ritualized as a 'Vampire the Masquerade' setting.

So even now, Chaeril is not a power to reckon with, except for deals within deals under the surface. The power will grow as her army does (right now that's one raider, three reavers and ten wyches, not really 'an army'.) and she gets some victories in. At that point she / I will think on how to interfere in Commorragh high politics.

And no, nobody knows anything about this. Except, yes, some clearheaded intrigants like a Lady Malys, or an individual here and there. All the support she lends is hidden behind a mass of ruses, and nobody who gets support knows for sure who exactly is supporting...

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 17:32

Vect knows... Vect knows everything...

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 19:51

It took me ages to get Vect to believe that Wink

It's an interesting parallel with Vampire: the Masquerade. The oldest Archons being comparable to the Elders or Methuselahs, and the young and hungry for power elements such as Hellions like the Anarchs.

Chaeril's star would be one to watch then, if anyone knew where to look Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 09:44

It even has the functional Antediluvian in Slaanesh.

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 19:32

Hmm, that's true, complete with devouring of its younger progeny ... Shocked

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 01:06

What the heck happened here?....

I leave for less than a week and already people are talking about eating babies, and starting RPs without inviting me... Crying or Very sad

Oh, and btw, you were correct you your theory Malys. The concept of the Final Breath comes from the initiation process of the Corpser Elite... a process you are currently experiencing Wink

Scraps of red flesh that is splayed all around....
These are a few of my favorite things....
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 01:12

*guess the theory high five!* Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 01:42

*high fives you so hard your hand hurts*

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 13:19

*Sits in the corner because he had other stuff to do and so obtained no High Fives.*

Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 17:44

That's all right Cavash. We assumed you were plotting Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 22:26

lol, you don't know how right you were. Smile

P.S: Noctus, I may start an RP in the next couple of months and I would definately like you to sign up when I get around to it. I won't be too fussed with how muh time there is between posts either, so you will not need to feel left out!

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 04:46

Ya, sorry I haven't updated yet guys... Its not that I don't have time right now... I've just hit a major road block at the moment and my mind is completely blank for some reason...

It's annoying me...

Please do not swear. Thanks - Cavash.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 15:43

No worries, it happens. As long as the RP proceeds, it doesn't matter how long it takes, I won't have to burn something. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 05:36

*poke*

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 16:42

I second Thor's poke with a bribe of cake Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 17:06

I would also like cake.

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 17:11

If the game gets underway I will find a way to send you cake. Seems only reasonable Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Noctus Cornix
Kabalite Warrior
Noctus Cornix

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 06:18

*takes the cake and scarfs it down* Your bribe has succeeded...

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 18:37

POWER OF CAKE! Very Happy

Good to see an update Very Happy Thor, I owe you cake. I'll find a way. Some kind of address will make it easier, or it's ethercake* all round!

*ether as in virtual net, not as in the Victorian soporific. Just in case Wink

Last edited by Lady Malys on Thu Sep 06 2012, 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 19:26

Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I-can-has-cake

PostSubject: Re: Lost Carol OOC Thread   Lost Carol OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Carol OOC Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next