THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Brutal HQ bullet magnet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Brutal HQ bullet magnet Empty
PostSubject: Brutal HQ bullet magnet   Brutal HQ bullet magnet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 03:24

Not my idea, but thought I'd share with all:

- Archon, Power Axe, Shadowfield, Drugs
- Baron
- Eldard
- 10 Wraithguard

Eldard Fortunes the Wraithguard, Archon and Baron benefit, absorbing all the wounds from the front. Baron's PGL gives the unit Stealth. The unit is scoring too.

March the rest of the army up behind them.
Grotesques and HWG Wyches are brutal AT now.
Beasts can dart forwards and pin down any unit in cover.
Reavers can cut from the skies.
Ravagers and War Walkers can thin out Termies and slow down Tanks in the early stages.....
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

PostSubject: Re: Brutal HQ bullet magnet   Brutal HQ bullet magnet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 03:38

No way. By my count that unit comes out to 811 points, there are far better deathstars available for that price. If you are really enchanted with this idea, then know that it has alot of fat that could be cut out.

-Give the warlock with the wraithguards conceal. Now you have the benefit of a cover save without need for the baron at all. Simply tack a PGL onto the archon if you feel the need for grenades.

-Eldrad is not necessary for this build. You just want fortune right? Take a vanilla farseer with fortune!

Your unit is now a much leaner 621 points. It is still probably a bad idea though.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Brutal HQ bullet magnet   Brutal HQ bullet magnet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 14:57

will they be surivivable? Yes, definately

is it good??? heh... The problem being is that wraithguard have no hitting power, and how you kill this unit is you assault it. Baron himself is a joke in combat, and Eldrad only has 2 attacks... so all the CC falls on your Archon, who while is decent, isnt a hard nut to crack.

But give it a try and see what you think. Personally if I was you, and you are going all out to begin with, you might as well throw in a warlock w/ Conceal, so your wraithguard will have a 4+ coversave in the open (5+ from conceal, +1 from baron's stealth)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brutal HQ bullet magnet   Brutal HQ bullet magnet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brutal HQ bullet magnet
Page 1 of 1