THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SSlyth - WIP

Go down 
+3
Archon
Preacher
SirTainly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 08:08

Here's my attempt at a SSlyth, using a scultped tail and parts from the Lizard men, Beastmen, Empire WHFB ranges plus an arm from a Catachan plus the gun and chain from the DE. Just waiting to get a shardcarbine to have slung on his back.

SSlyth - WIP 5803058395_b9ab4ffe3f
SSlyth - WIP 5803059595_a2899364db
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 09:15

Looking good so far. Smile I can't say too much because I'm rubbish with greenstuff, but I'd atempt to make the tail thicker so it looks like it could hold his weight because at the moment it seems a bit small. I'd also try and texture it to look more repitilan if possible. Only other change I'd make would be to reposition the pistol slightly so it's leaning to the front rather than the back, if you get what I mean.

A good start, look forward to seeing more. Cool

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 15:17

I could use three of those, just send me a PM when they're ready! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garfy
Hellion

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 20:47

He's quite cool, but I imagined the Sslyth being Ogryn sized what with them being str5, toughness 5.

Can't wait to see some paint on him though.

Sybarite
SirTainly

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 21:25

Preacher, yep the tail is a bit thin - I proportioned it to the body before I added the arms so now it looks too small - bit late to fix it now though. Sad There is a texture on the model akin to snake skin but it's faint - should hopefully appear when painted. The arm is a but crappy I agree, might change it yet.

Archon, nice but I only ever do one offs, so I'll need to buy a second one even for my own use! Smile

Garfy, the description certainly makes them sound big, but they don't have the bulky rule which Ogryns do (and hence a 40mm base) we'll have to see what GW comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Ajax
Slave
Ajax

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:37

Amazing work on that Sllyth. Thats pretty much exactly how i imagined them to look. Are you going to make more? Question
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:42

I like them except the snake bottom. I imagined them more like raptor looking orks, and if a model doesn't come out soon, it's what I'll be basing them on.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:44

You know, check my Sslyth wip (link in my sig).

Basically snake body is oval shaped. Muscles are something like this: 8( )8 , then cover it with skin.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 19:17

Thanks Ajax, he'll be the only one for now, I'm waiting to see what the GW model looks like, but I have most of the bits to make some more (just need heads I think).

Xelkireth, the fluff says they have snake tails, but why not go for a winged ork type alien instead, the joys of counts-as! Smile

Local_Ork, yours looks good, and definitely more like a real snake. Still in the grim dark future of the 41st millenium there are only anatomically incorrect beings! Wink
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 19:19

I guess you do have a point... I had to double check and I was like huh... how 'bout that... Well crap. I'm glad I haven't started conversions yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SSlyth - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSlyth - WIP   SSlyth - WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSlyth - WIP
Page 1 of 1