THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Rise of New Commorragh OOC

Go down 
+4
Orthien
Lady Malys
Cavash
Ruke
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

The Rise of New Commorragh OOC Empty
PostSubject: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 23:33

While talking to Cavash and Orthien, I have decided to start a roleplay myself. There are two other roleplays that have weeks in between updates and this will be more regular. 2-3 posts a week on average is what I'm shooting for.

The players currently invited are

Cavash
Orthien
Lady Malys
Shadows Revenge
Thor665
Chaeril

This isn't meant to be insulting, it's only that these people are more active in the RP section of the forum than others, with the exception of Orthien who has assured me that he plans on fully participating. Please contact me if you would like to join (or for that fact, do not want to be part of the group).

The RP will start off with all characters having nearly no background, as children. It will be a look into a upbringing in the streets and alleys of Commorragh and follow the characters into adult hood, and rising into the Commorragh elite. Characters will start off with no training, but may advance into training as the RP progresses (Wrack, Wyche, Warrior, etc...). While the players will form a "party" of sorts, scheming against each other will not be frowned upon, as such are the ways of Commorragh, I only request that any behind the scenes alliances and schemes are ran across me (in private) so that nothing takes me by complete surprise.

While the majority of everything will be determined by roleplay, there will be the occasion where rolls are necessary. When this becomes the case, I will ask for your choice of high/low odd/even (on a D6) to determine the outcome of the even, with a "good" outcome (for two correct), a "neutral" outcome (for one correct), and a "bad" outcome (for none correct).

If the character and/or party is able to prepare for the events beforehand, they will be able to opt instead for either a high/low OR and odd/even with a "good" outcome for a success or a "neutral" outcome for a failure. The same rules will apply if the character and/or party is taken completely by surprise except as a "neutral" or "bad" outcome.

---------------------------------------

As all characters will be starting off as children, only a few decades old, very little backstory will be necessary (as you will be playing through most of what takes place in a backstory), however feel free to write how you became homeless/orphaned and other such minor details.

Please post those profiles here.

----------------------------------------

Edit:

As a side note, there will be tie-ins to my story (The Rise of New Commorragh). It won't be necessary to keep up with that, but is just something interesting for those who are.

Last edited by Ruke on Thu Aug 16 2012, 23:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 23:37

First, I would like to say, could we invite Chaeril? She seems eagre to RP and is good with writingy backgroundyness.

The Rise of New Commorragh OOC YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 23:43

thats doable, also, i edited the original post adding something i meant to, and forgot, to mention.

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 00:06

I accept, thank you Smile I will get to making a character.

Character History:

We used to move a lot. My Father said that it was because no-one must know where I lived. He said it was because my Mother was very important and no-one must find out about me, or who he was. He always came dressed up in a long coat with a hood, dark grey. That's why he taught me to move in the shadows - so no-one could see me. Under the coat he had dark red armour that was shiny and bright, but no-one else was allowed to see it. It covered all of him except his wings and his head. My Father has wings like a Razorwing. only bigger and much more pretty.

When used to come to see me he taught me how to hold a knife, properly, and how to shoot a splinter pistol. He said I was too little for the splinter rifle, but I can learn when I'm older. I think he was sad that I wasn't very good at throwing the knife or shooting, but he said he knew I was trying very hard. He told me that you must always do everything as well as you can, and never tell anyone what you really think because they will use it against you. This means they will get very angry, but you won't be able to see it because it's inside, and later, they will hurt you. So I'm good at keeping secrets. He said when someone is lying you can always see it in their eyes and the way they move around. So it's better not to say anything than something that isn't true.

We used to go and stay in hidden houses, that he said no-one else knew about. They were our secret places. When we were there he used to take off his coat and sit on the floor and tell me stories about my Mother. She's very beautiful. He took me to a big arena once and we sat at the back and when she came out, he told me it was her. She's the fastest and most beautiful lady in the whole city. He said that when I grew up, I could be like her, but I want to be able to fly like him because then no-one can ever catch you. And then maybe I can find him. That's if he's not really dead. He says I am not allowed to go to see her because she doesn't like him as much as he likes her, and she would be very angry and I would get into a lot of trouble.

He used to bring soul-chits for Indren and Matalla so they would keep me safe when he couldn't come to see me. He said that one day, he didn't know when, he wouldn't be able to come back. Then I had to remember that even if he was dead he still loved me, which is like when something is your most favourite thing in all the world.

One day Indren said there were no more soul-chits and I was going to live with someone very popular with a lot of friends and that I would like it very much. I knew he was lying so I ran away. My Father didn't come back. so now I have to keep moving.

Some More Details:

Vayr'kala is the bastard child of a Wych whose brief and rather one-sided affair with a Scourge was not meant to bear fruit. As an arena performer (not in fact the best in Commorragh, that's just a starry-eyed child talking, but popular and competent), she could not afford the many laborious years of time out it takes to produce a Trueborn. Her father persuaded her mother to allow him to raise the child as a Tubeborn on the condition that no-one else in her Cult must know of her existence. To this day Vayr'kala does not know the names of either of her parents, in order to prevent anyone from getting the information from her.

Her father could not keep her with him for fear of discovery, so he arranged for her to be raised by two Tubeborn commoners whose loyalty he paid for very well. Once the arrangement - being strictly business - lapsed, they decided to sell her to a brothel to whom they owed a debt. Vayr'kala did not know anything about what this means, but she sensed something was not right and fled. Now she is on the run, moving from place to place, using some of her Father's hidden safe houses. She's fast running out of money and has no idea what to do next.

A perceptive and smart child, Vayr'kala has her father's somewhat aristocratic looks and will most likely grow up to be a rather severe beauty if she survives. From her Mother she has inherited large topaz eyes, pale skin and long brown hair. She is well-grown and quick, never having known real poverty because of her Father's riches, but this means she has no real idea of what things cost. Vayr'kala is not as sheltered as some Trueborn, but neither is she really a child of the streets in which she now finds herself. She has some skill with hiding and a bit less in using a knife, which is all one can expect for her age.

Well, there it is; I decided to present what she knew from her perspective, since she is so young. I didn't want to make her very good at anything because she's had so little time to learn. This is her in child format - I want her to become a Scourge.

Last edited by Lady Malys on Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 00:36

Orthien was born to mother Sathara of Kabal Bladed Talon, partner of Tai'Karg their Lord Archon.
When Tai'Karg's raid of an Imperial Guard outpost was interrupted by the awakinging of a Necron, tomb a large portion the Bladed Talons's primary raiding party was caught unprepared and slaughtered. Tai'Karg himself was confronted by the newly awoken Overlord and in a rare moment of discomposure as his men were reduced to ash around him was caught mentally broken and easy pray for the Tesseract Labyrinth.

Knowing that without there Archon and with no heir to his position the Kabal would be swallowed in the ensuing power vacume left in his wake Sathara began to scheme for her Kabals survival.
Gathering her most trusted Incubi she ordered the slaughter of all Warriors who had survived the decimation of Tai'Kargs last raid. "None shall know of his disappearance" she told herself. Sathara immediately began spreading rumors of Tai'Karg's increasing paranoia following his last raid, adding that he suspected his own Dracon of awakening the Necons in an attempt to remove him from power.
This 'memory' of Tai'Karg went into seclusion and issued orders through his partner only but and Archon who would not face battle was only nearly better than one who was dead and more work would need to be done if Sathara was to keep her Kabal from fracturing further, Tai'Karg needed and heir.

Sathara called on Ix'Yavas, their most skilled and attractive Incubi guard to sire for her a son. So was Orthien born, the bastard son of an Archite and an Incubi, raised as the heir to a dead mans crumbling Kabal.

From the earliest moment he could hold a blade Orthiens Lord Incubi guard Ix'Yavas began training him in armed combat.
Yet despite the birth of their Archons heir the Dracon of the Bladed Talon began to rebel against their still hidden lord.

One night a particularly daring Dracon made his move with the hopes of claiming the Kabals power for himself. Without warning a gang or hired Helions blasted their way into the center of the main tower and the renegade Warriors stormed the Archon bed chambers in the confusion.
Sensing an end to her precious Kabal, Sathara ordered Ix'Yavas to take their son and flee through the towers hidden escape routes.
With the tower in flames a cry of anger eccoed through the streets as the Dracon discovered the absence of the Archon he had served for so many years a single Incubi carrying a small child emerged through smoke into the sewers bellow.
A piercing scream cut through the roar of the flames that could only mean the end or Satharas life. Handing a dagger to his young charge and son Ix'Yavas turned and without a look back, charged back up the smoke filled tunnel leaving Orthien alone in the sewers of Commorragh.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm

Last edited by Orthien on Sat Aug 18 2012, 10:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 00:52

One of many Tubeborn children of Dracon Relliach Korvesh of the Kabal of the Pierced Heart, Xel’ysth found her way to the streets after a great inter-Kabal war. It was not the result of being orphaned, but being bored with having all the luxuries her father could afford.
A fire stirred inside her soul as her father marched to war, and by the time he had returned Xel’ysth Korvesh had left to find her own adventures.

Last edited by Cavash on Fri Aug 17 2012, 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 12:19

I am not exactly sure I understand... Will you for instance start with an example, a default character and what he/she does?

Don't we need to have a timeline, some measure of background to understand in what setting our sibling Dark Eldar grow up? And what does upbringing with DE look like?

I know what the background of Chaeril is, however I could use some help from others more at home in Commorragh layout to understand how to fit it in. For instance, Chaeril is noble (a fact none of you know, save perhaps Lady Malys, who keeps it to herself (!!!)), but whatever happened to the noble families after Vect staged his coup? Genocide, hiding, collaboration, exile???
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 13:16

Chaeril, I think the point o this particular RP is that you start with a character without any real established background and build them up from there.
So, for example, you could include what happened in you character's young life that made them all alone in Commorragh. So, you could include a brief history as what happened with their family when young to make them orphaned> Their home could have been destroyed during a Hellion/Reaver fight, the parents could have beaten the child to the extent where he/she murdered his own family and now stalks the streets fighting for survival. So I would recomend not using a Character that you have already established.

After the noble houses were defeated I imagine that those that swore alleigiance to Vect were allowed to start their own Kabals. In the book Path of the Renegade the names Yllithian, Kraillach and Xelian are mentioned as the descendents of the Noble Houses and each one rules a Kabal.
I suppose that there would be those that did not want to serve Vect. They would have been destroyed completely I imagine.

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 14:06

Cavash wrote:
Chaeril, I think the point o this particular RP is that you start with a character without any real established background and build them up from there.
So, for example, you could include what happened in you character's young life that made them all alone in Commorragh. So, you could include a brief history as what happened with their family when young to make them orphaned> Their home could have been destroyed during a Hellion/Reaver fight, the parents could have beaten the child to the extent where he/she murdered his own family and now stalks the streets fighting for survival. So I would recomend not using a Character that you have already established.

Hmmm. Perhaps. Might be I'll develop a second succubus.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 14:22

Cool. It wouldn't be a Succubus at the begining of the RP, however. It would be someone who wanted to join a Wych Cult and later on it could develop into becoming a Succubus.

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 14:32

Does the homeless/orphen thing have to apply to the backstory. Ruke just mentions growing up on the streets not that we have to live there.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 15:14

thanks for the invite. Ill post something when I get the free time (hopefully sometime today)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 17:28

Orthien, your character doesn't have to be homeless or an orphen, but none of the characters will have any status. You may be the child of a lowly halfblood warrior or even a slave. The point is, you're upbringing is rough, and is going to be close to the streets. By the time your character reaches the point where they start thinking about seeking out training they'll have a deep knowledge of the streets and alleys of the Commorragh undercity.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 17:30

around what age are we looking at??? child status, or are we doing more teenage DE? (this will help with my background more)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 17:49

Child, I was thinking no more than 20-30 years old, which, with the lifespans of DE would make them approximately children (at least in my eyes, if I'm wrong about that, please correct me).

Edit: If it was a human, around the ages of 6-8.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 18:05

Well, if you're going off of the Vulcan style space elves then I would say that is about right.

Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 20:39

So a small child DE. I thought that might be hard for me - I haven't played a child, only NPC'd one and there are no baby Malyses - but I think I have some ideas forming ...

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 22:41

Might have to tweek my ideas then to strip status and put me on the streets less by my own accord then. Will right something up tonight my time.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 23:21

I've made my character, but she's just a name, really. I kept it light. Smile

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 00:59

Looks good Cav, thats about all I was looking for.

I'm thinking we should start on monday or thereabouts...

Double post merged. Thanks - Cavash.

Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 10:21

My first post is edited.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 21:04

I'm flattered by the invite but will admit uncertainty in my desire to roleplay a child since...well, it's a child.

Give me through the end of Sunday and I'll see if some inspiration strikes for a character.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 21:27

well, if I didnt make it completely clear, you wont be a child forever... A few people have expressed similar concerns, but i assure everyone. This wont be a typical childhood (by human standards)

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 21:44

I grok that it's a timeline advancement - but that does mean I will spend some time RPing a child and a teenager respectively. Consequently I have to conceive of a core character concept of a child and extrapolate outward to where I may wish to be as a character later, with no knowledge of the life events that will happen in the middle. It's a complicated build and I'm uncertain if I'll come up with anything I like - that's why I wanted some time to toy with it to see if I could.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 22:11

I like it Malys. Well done.

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of New Commorragh OOC   The Rise of New Commorragh OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise of New Commorragh OOC
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

TEMPLE OF GAMES

:: The Dark City RPG Discussion
-
Jump to: