THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1,500 points v. Dark Angels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mockingGrass
Slave
mockingGrass

1,500 points v. Dark Angels Empty
PostSubject: 1,500 points v. Dark Angels   1,500 points v. Dark Angels I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 01:49

Hey! So I'm a fairly new Dark Eldar player, and complicating this battle is two facts:

1) This is my first sixth edition battle
2) I've never played against Dark Angels...

Griping aside, I've decided to take a departure from the gunboat Warriors that I typically use and instead deploy them in larger squads. I plan to attach each of the Haemonculi to a squad of Warriors, and was hoping to use the Wyches for anti-tank (in addition to the Dark Lance Ravager of course).
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what my opponent will be using; he has the luxury of having quite a large selection to choose from. I know he has both Deathwing and Ravenwing elements, as well as a large amount of armor and a full battle company. Great.
Without further ado...

HQ

Duke Slicus the Serpent

Haemonculus
Shattershard

Haemonculus

Troops

Kabalite Warriors (20)
Splinter Cannons (2)
Sybarite
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Kabalite Warriors (20)
Splinter Cannons (2)
Sybarite
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Wyches (10)
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
Power Weapon

Raider

Wyches (10)
Haywire Grenades
Hekatrix
Power Weapon

Raider

Heavy Support

Ravager

Ravager
Disintegrator Cannons

Razorwing Jetfighter
Disintegrator Cannons
Splinter Cannon
Flickerfield

Any and all of feedback and advice is appreciated! I'm really just trying to learn this all as quickly as possible.
As a side note, I have two more Haemonculi, ten more Wyches, nine Reaver Jetbikes, and a Beastmaster (with two Razorwing Flocks) in my collection, so recommending a unit not included in the list above probably would not help as much...
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Anyone? xD

Please dont double post to bump up your topic. -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-

Last edited by Shadows Revenge on Mon Aug 20 2012, 14:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
Back to top Go down
http://mockinggrass.tumblr.com
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1,500 points v. Dark Angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1,500 points v. Dark Angels   1,500 points v. Dark Angels I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 14:40

First off the only viable build for DA are Ravenwing or Deathwing, as anything of their basic army is completely overpriced. So expect to see termies/bikes/speeders.

Now that you know what you are probably going to face, take a look at your list and think what would work against that.

First thing I am not a fan of 20 man warrior blobs. What do they do that a venom couldnt do better, for cheaper? On top of that whats the purpose of the PGL on the Sybarite, as they are only good if you want to assault, and you should never be assaulting...

As for the wyches, decent, but what is their power weapon type???

I would keep your 2nd ravager as a DL ravager. If you really want some more dissies, switch the wych raiders to dissies

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down

1,500 points v. Dark Angels
Page 1 of 1