THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Siticus' painting distractions

Go down 
+4
SirTainly
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
Siticus the Ancient
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Siticus' painting distractions Empty
PostSubject: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 20:49

Since I've lately been painting lots of non-DE and non-CWE stuff, I figured I might as well make a thread for all that fits in the "everything else" category.

I'll start with this here Space Marine biker. It belongs to a friend, from whom I borrowed it without really explaining why. It'll be a birthday surprise. Despite the fact that the guy is a bit of a gluemonkey, it was quite fun to paint.

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6676
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6678
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6679
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6680

I was following the Korsarro Khan painting guide on one of the old WD's for the white power armour. It seems I should've mixed in more SWG, as the marine turned out more bone-like than on the pictures. To my dismay, the bright white also really displayed the messy glue parts. I hardly doubt my friend will mind that, but it's something that really gripes me inside. I also tried something different with the glaive, trying out a wash-on-silver approach. Not sure if I like it, might redo it.

This was quite a fun exercise on how to paint white. I'll probably look into something less time-consuming when applying it to my craftworlders, though.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 12:19

Looks pretty cool, though i agree it is a little bone like. Can't really see the wash on the glaive though, pic is a bit dark
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 20:16

Here's an update - a High Elf captain!

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6685
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6687
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6688

This one was really fun to paint. I really admire how very detailed the Island of Blood sculpt is, and it helped me to settle that the Shadow Grey - Space Wolves Grey - Skull White order of painting white is really the way to go, it looks much better than the bony-white on the space marine. It is also much easier to fix mistakes with thin white flowing into the shaded recesses with simple, thin line of Asurmen Blue.

It works for Biel Tan, it should work out for my craftworlders as well!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 20:29

Nice! The shadow grey-to-white method looks infinitely better on Elves/Eldar IMHO. Well done sir!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 21:36

Thanks for the kind words, ESE. The fact that it is also much easier to paint that the other method was another big favour for the shadow grey-white method.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2012, 21:45

Really nice work there, especially as they are white which is a really tough colour to get good coverage with, but you've managed!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01 2012, 13:11

what was the painting techniques you used to get to the bone colour? Smile
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01 2012, 18:59

It's the guide on how to paint Kor'sarro Khan in White Dwarf #359. Basically it's a mix between Space Wolves Grey, Graveyard Earth in equal amounts, and Skull White in increasing amounts with each layer.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 20:31

Here's a squad of Guardsmen that I've been commissioned to paint. Wasn't asked to do anything fancy, just produce some solid tabletop models in urban camo. Needless to say, the bunker in the background is also my work. I should probably take some pictures of the entire Imperial Strongpoint that I painted up.

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6813
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6814
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6816
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6817
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6818
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6821
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18 2012, 09:00

Following up the squad of guardsmen, here's a Chimera. Grey dust didn't really work out on a grey chimera (go figure!), so I gave it some lighter coloured dusting. Again, nothing fancy, just a bunch of drybrushing and some details here and there, as the guy I painted this for didn't want any numbers or other markings on the vehicle.

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6855
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6854
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6853
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18 2012, 10:12

Beautiful stuff, really!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 21:08

And now for something completely different. A bunch of very oldschool Warhammer Fantasy Black Orcs that I was commissioned to paint!

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6860
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6861

They were a much needed break from everything else. I had never painted Orcs before, nor had I painted much furs and leathers. These guys were pretty fun to experiment on, although the age of the pieces could be felt at times - the fur and chainmail sometimes really blended together in such a way that it was difficult to tell them apart.

I've still got plenty of oldschool Orcs on the way!
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2012, 21:56

Nice work mate; liking the simple guard scheme, it works really well.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09 2012, 20:28

Yet another commission that I really got into, an Imperial general made after the image of generals in Dawn of War games. A very fun conversion and a joy to paint, I got really passionate about this piece and the guy I made it for was really happy as well.

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6872
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6873
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6874
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6875
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_6876
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 10:57

A big update this time, as I haven't posted anything of what I painted for quite a while.

First off, a Deathwing Terminator

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7116_zps356a26ce
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7117_zpsb37eba3e

Next off, the big Imperial Macro Cannon fortress thingy (the name escapes me all the time)

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7110_zps4f8e22c8
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7111_zps09fd8ba8

And finally, a massive bunch of Bretonnian archers!

Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7126_zpsf9625764
Siticus' painting distractions IMG_7127_zps122627ca

Phew! I should try to paint something of my own now, as well.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 14:43

Those archers would look even more epic if they had those stakes in front of them, they are always neat.
Bretonnian Knights please!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 16:49

Sadly, the client gave me no spikes. Sad They really complete a Bretonnian archer position, that' s for sure!

Bretonnian knights are definitely coming - the owner just needs to find them (and their horses!) in his big box of his old hobby stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' painting distractions   Siticus' painting distractions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siticus' painting distractions
Page 1 of 1