THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?

Go down 
+2
Orthien
AgrealSlade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? Empty
PostSubject: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 02:08

I've been looking at my list and codex here and I am having some trouble figuring a problem out. A Succubus HQ pairs really well with wyches so I was trying to figure out what HQ pairs really well with the Kabalite Warriors? Any thoughts?

If I had a buck for each time someone thought I said I was a whore writer instead of a horror writer, I'd have seven bucks!
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 02:18

Most of our HQ's pair really well with a lot of options. There is no reason a Succubus can't run fine with Incubi or Grotesques ether.
Generally you will never have an HQ with Warriors as it limits you to not having the 10th man in a raider squad for special weapons. If you are so inclined though you could have a Haemonculus with a Hexrifle or a Archon with a Blaster and have them sit back shooting rather than in CC.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 02:32

True, succubi run well with alot of other things but at the moment I am just toying around with cheap models because I am working with low point lists. If my points became higher then maybe I can see me using Incubi and Grotesques. The thing is, I don't have my warriors in a raider, I have them in venoms so I have five man squads in them and most of their stuff is rapid fire shooting and hit and run tactics so I was wondering who could pair with them for low points like a sucubus pairs with wyches.

@orthien Your sig, Jayne Cob right?

If I had a buck for each time someone thought I said I was a whore writer instead of a horror writer, I'd have seven bucks!
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 03:04

5 Warriors with a Blaster in a SC Venom is a very standard unit and works great. Keep in mind with Wyches that they will suffer from overwatch if they are the only CC unit in your lists. Consider giving there unit a Phanstasm Grenade Launcher and charging through one of your own units for a 4+ cover save.

It is indeed the great Jayne Cob

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 03:05

Well the transport capacity for a venom is only 5, so you can't put anyone with your warriors.
Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 03:10

Kay, plus, I have been wondering on something, how does grenades work exactly because the rule book didn't exactly explain how they do work.

Knew it was Jayne.

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 04:14

They can be ether thrown in the shooting phase as a single 8" R Blast marker and used in Melee against vehicles as a single attack replacement for all other attacks.

Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 05:47

I'm going to chime in and vote for Duke Sliscus! He does everything: he buffs your poison, he gives you a Shadow Field to tank, he can detach and assault/Blast Pistol anything that gets close, with a nice double Rending, and he has side benefits for the rest of your army. I hear he has impeccable taste in dress as well...

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 05:57

Haemonculi are a good option if you are using your warriors to mop up units or soften them up for Wyches to charge (liquifier) while giving them a paint token. I suppose that it depends on how you plan to use your warriors. How do you use yours?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 08:19

AgrealSlade wrote:
Kay, plus, I have been wondering on something, how does grenades work exactly because the rule book didn't exactly explain how they do work.

Dude, like I said before. If you get the 6th edition rulebook it's fully explained on P61.

It's referenced in the content section. Ánd referenced in the index section. Actually pretty hard to miss. So that's a gift on itself I guess.

AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 08:36

@ tlronin Only problem, havn't been able to get my hands on a sixth edition book yet.

@evil space elves For the most part, they stay in the venom doing hit and run moves unless I need them to apply fire in one certain spot while the venom moves around to flank the enemy if my second venom squad can't do it for some odd reason.

@Orthien Thanks.

Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 08:41

@AgrealSlade: Yeah, but to be honest, if you don't have the rulebook yet and then randomly asking stuff how it works on this forum seems a bit counterproductive to me.

AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 08:47

I see you point. Maybe I can find a pdf version of it somewhere around the net to learn from if they don't have a small leaflet booklet that only has the necessary info and none of the fluff.

Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 11:22

Just as a warning its against forum rules to be downloading illegal copys of GW copy writed material or to try to bypass buying it but asking for rules and points totals.

Back to top Go down
AgrealSlade
Hellion
AgrealSlade

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 12:28

Understood

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?   Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succubus goes with Wyches, so what goes with Kabalite Warriors?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: