THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Because 6th edition made me

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
callofdoobie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

Because 6th edition made me Empty
PostSubject: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 04:19

Since GW was so kind as to beat all our assault units to death with the nerf bat I have been ranging between cynical criticism and outright nerd rage("why does a paper plane exploding produce the same explosion inside that a Land Raider does when it blows up? Who cares! As long as the marines are happy!!"......i'm not bitter).

Anyways here is my new 2k list cause they don't want us killing anything in CC.

Archon
-Blaster
-G. Plate
x2

Blasterborn w/Venom x3

5 Warriors w/ blaster in Venom x4

10 Warriors w/ S.C.&Blaster in Raider w/racksx2

Ravagerx3

2004 pts

Dark Lances on everything that can take em cause thats how you shoot em good and frak proper. Night Shields on everything cause Dark Eldar on the table on closer then they appear.

Thnx for reading my raging guys =) but seriously what do you think of the list?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 04:40

Are you in Archer "full rampage mode"? Razz

The list looks solid and reliable: 6 troops, lots of AI, obligatory Ravagers and min Blasterborn. I wouldn't give up on our CC troops. I use 2-3 Wyche units with great success(won a tournament last weekend with this setup). This list should be effective and efficient, if a little one dimensional.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 04:50

It's just really annoying when i'm used to charging Tau and they exploded like balloon's and now they kill 3/4 of my unit on overwatch. Don't even get me started are charging thing with tesla....

Do you take your wyches in Raiders or Venoms? HWGs are amazing but outside of a 5 man suicide squad of HWG wyches I cant find much use for the gals anymore.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 05:34

I start every list with 2 units of 7+Hekatrix/agonizer, shardnet/impaler, raider with a flickerfield(206 ea) I add a 5 man unit with HWG in a venom in games over 1750pts if I haven't filled the slot with Wracks. I find that Wyches need to have the unit that they are charging softened up a bit. The small Kabalite units in venoms that you listed are perfect to use in tandem with the ladies. I find that this is the adjustment that keeps DE effective in 6th. Remember, Wyches are still great tarpits. I tied up a unit of Terminators in cc for three turns in my last tournament. Give the supporting unit tactic a shot, I think that you'll find love for the DE in close combat again Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 05:51

I'll give it a go, thnx for the tip!
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 05:52

But the Haywire is so good! In two games against Tau tonight, all of the meaningful vehicle damage was inflicted by Wych squads, with my two Ravagers barely managing a single Hull Point! Once the Wyches cleaned up the flying Fish, the Ravs got put on Crisis sniping duty.

I would recommend you give Haywire Wyches a try. Just gotta set it up so they minimize the return fire, but that's the same for Blasterborn, and Haywire is almost a guaranteed kill.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 06:02

Oops, I forgot to add that my larger Wyche units have HWG's also. Don't leave home without them! Ask the two dreadnaughts that my opponent drop pod in my deployment zone last game how getting charged by Wyches worked out for them Razz

Back to top Go down
Goran
Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 09:24

My 2 cents:

Played Archon with blaster, and it sucks -- not because of the shooting, but because of the "Slay the warlord" - this way, he will be exposed in a weak unit very close to the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 12:28

callofdoobie wrote:
Don't even get me started are charging thing with tesla....

Ha! My wyches laugh at tesla, they have rubber suits after all!

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 13:29

Mushkilla wrote:
callofdoobie wrote:
Don't even get me started are charging thing with tesla....

Ha! My wyches laugh at tesla, they have rubber suits after all!

better yet: latex thongs Smile

on topic: at first i was to go back to my old gunboat-sliscus army, but then i "SOULS FOR COMMORRAGH!"-d, and stayed with my list, just swapped the voidravens to dissiwing jetfighters.
1 archon, 3 haems, 7 incubi, 16 wyches, 2 heka, these in raiders, 5 warriors with blaster, thems in venom with dual, 2 dwjf Smile 1.5k and it kills. In higher points, i add 1 klaivex to the incu, 2 unites of wyches in venoms, and/or a nother dwjf.

If i am allowed to use dual detachments, the 1.5k list*2 and dual flanke-denial and eat-it-up.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because 6th edition made me   Because 6th edition made me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Because 6th edition made me
Page 1 of 1