THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Current competitive 1999+1 list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goran
Hellion
Goran

Current competitive 1999+1 list Empty
PostSubject: Current competitive 1999+1 list   Current competitive 1999+1 list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 17:53

Ok, here is the list - I feel some weakness in lack of venoms and dark lances, but up to now it worked well.
Any thoughts on this?

HQ
Sathonyx

Elite
3 Trueborns + 2x DL, Venom, Extra splinter cannon,night shield

Troops
5 warriors, blaster, venom extra splinter cannon
5 wyches, hw grenades, venom extra splinter cannon,night shield
5 wyches, hw grenades, venom extra splinter cannon, night shield

FA
6 jetbikes, cluster caltrops, 2x Heat lance, arena champion
6 jetbikes, cluster caltrops, 2x Heat lance, arena champion
5 Beastmasters, 10 khymerae, 6 razorwing flocks (with baron)

HS
Ravager Night shields
Razorwing, flickerfield, splinter cannon, 2x DL, 2 shatterfield missiles, 2 monoscythe missiles
Voidraven bomber, flickerfield
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Current competitive 1999+1 list   Current competitive 1999+1 list I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 03:26

I don't know too much about how Beast squads, play, but I can say that that is a MASSIVE unit you have there! How do you plan to arrange it on the battlefield, to set up your wound allocation?

I think you do lack some long-range lance power, but your short range looks fine, and with 6 Venoms+Razorwing your AI should be set. Are your Arena Champions there for +1Ld, wound allocation shenanigans, or something else? Your bikes could have 2 Cluster Caltrops per squad, so you could steal points from the Arena Champions and your fliers to buy them, the Shatterfields in particular.

I hope it plays well, and it must be a ball dumping 45+ Wounds of Beasts on the table. Watch out for S6 spam!!

Hellion
Goran

PostSubject: Re: Current competitive 1999+1 list   Current competitive 1999+1 list I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 10:09

yes the arena champions are there for +1ld (the jetbukes just kept running away too often)

And the beasts.... well, this is the mid-field scary blob, able to survive a lot - the idea was to make it threatening enough, that the fire would concentrate on it and the tinfoil airplanes have some time to do the job.

But after meeting paladins (bad) and band of 9 demonic flamers (bad) I'm thinking about thinning them down to 5 khymerae and 4 flocks just to have counter charge unit, and give the rest of the points to another Double lance trueborns in the venom,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current competitive 1999+1 list   Current competitive 1999+1 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current competitive 1999+1 list
Page 1 of 1