THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubi upgrades

Go down 
+8
Saintspirit
Hashmal
SirTainly
Torpedo Vegas
adesapere
vharing
Baron Tordeck
Ecophagy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecophagy
Slave
Ecophagy

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:12

I'm thinking about taking some Incubi in Venoms since they are so wonderfully killy. However, I'm not sure about the Klaivex upgrade - is it worth it? If so, what should he be upgraded with? (If anything).
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:14

Personally I don't find him worth the points at all

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
vharing
Hellion
vharing

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:49

I only find him worth while if you take the demi klaives as well.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 02:41

vharing wrote:
I only find him worth while if you take the demi klaives as well.
But then you are spending even more pts on something that just wont cut it in the end

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 02:58

Often times, character upgrades to an elite squad such as incubi are often too expensive to justify an extra attack. Those points pruned by not upgrading your squads in this way can be converted into other points in the army elsewhere, even entire squads or special weapon upgrades. Efficiency is best.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 03:40

Consider that a Klaives with Demiklaives and any of his powers is only marginally cheaper than an archon with PGL.

In other words, far too expensive. I've used a Klaivex with Onslaught, and it only added about 2 attacks. I'd rather buy another Incubus or upgrade the venom that they are in.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 21:22

I run 8 Incubi with no upgrades, joined by my HQ and a haemonucli - the cost of the upgrades doesn't really make them any better, they are already as smash face as you can get!

Run them with Lelith and see what I mean! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 22:33

I would only take a Klaivex in a 5-man squad in a Venom were I to use my HQ slots for Haemonculus upgrades to Wyches or other CC squads. Otherwise, Archon goes with them all the time, every time. The Klaivex is expensive and marginally worth it.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Ecophagy
Slave
Ecophagy

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 22:35

The problem with large and very killy sqauds (like 8 + Lelith) is that they're almost too killy. They slaughter what they charge and sit around and get shot up.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:34

I think an Incubi Master (Yes, I refuse to use the repulsive word klaivex!) with onslaught could be worth it, as sometimes that single kill can mean a lot. Especially when they go together with an archon in a venom, as the number then is limited and you need as many attacks as possible.
The same with Bloodstone, however I believe you are more likely to run with Incubi to make sure you get the charge.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:41

I've not bothered upgrading the Incubi. Too expensive. I'd rather increase the squad size and have extra wounds aswell as attacks.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:43

If they are supposed to run around without an Archon, the extra pip of Ld can be well worth some extra points.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 15:41

I have found the Bloodstone to be usefull against T4 armies, but I'm still on the fence about weather a Klaivex is worth the points. If you are going to have an IC with the Incubi, then definately not, on their own could be a different story.
Back to top Go down
frostbyte
Slave
frostbyte

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 15:48

I've run mine with out an Archon and have found the upgrade useful. Of course an extra attack is good and the leadership has helped in the past. What works quite well is the extra initiative. He goes first and thins the hord unit. It also lets him go simo with other HQ ICs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Incubi upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi upgrades   Incubi upgrades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubi upgrades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-