THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best load out for Talos?

Go down 
+6
Grumpy Kwi
Crazy_Irish
Aroshamash
Nomic
Baron Tordeck
Torpedo Vegas
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Best load out for Talos? Empty
PostSubject: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 02:18

I'm trying to figure out which is better. There's better avenues for getting splinter fire in, A talos is a bit too slow I think, to go after vehicles with the heat lance and I'm not sold on the haywire blaster on him. I'm thinking the Stinger Pod may be a nice medium, medium level strength that can hurt infantry and damage transports with some luck.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 02:45

After getting chainflails and an add CCW and you still have pts left to waste in the army then yeah the Pod is the best choice.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:56

I like eighter Chainflails and Heatlance coming out of the portal (blow up enemy transports then blenderize the squad inside), or just Haywire (cheap bullet magnet that can shut down enemy vehicles and even withou Chainflails is quite deadly in close combat).
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 13:45

I have to say, even though it might not be the most effective upgrade, I just can't go past the concept and look of the ichor injector. It's just damned nasty.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 15:33

Aroshamash wrote:
... I just can't go past the concept and look of the ichor injector. It's just damned nasty.

And so sexy! XD I have build my 2 taloi with the HB and one with Ichor Injector and one with Liquifier.

Oh they are so jussy....
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 16:51

This is what I have concluded from my experiences:

In a list with a WWP, Talos with Twin-linked Heat Lances and Twin-linked liquefiers – one or the other will usually have a target. Both weapons outfit the Talos with a duality purpose are not terribly expensive if they are not used at all. I would say I have had more armored targets to fire the heat lance to the point of not knowing what I want destroyed first. The liquefiers are also nice but might be just a reflection of my gaming community – I face Space Wolf and Blood Angel heavy lists that are very aggressive, coming out of the portal I usually have some rather nice marine groupings ripe for the flamer. Although I also love chain-flails, I find that the twin-linked liquefier to kill more marines in the shooting phase than the chain flail in the assault phase.

In a list without a WWP – I like the Talos with the Haywire Blaster. I do not have a favorite upgrade beyond the blaster as I find that the Talos doesn’t always get close enough to get into CC so whatever upgrade is fine. I tend to use my Talos as a walking shield and need the range of the move + the range of the blaster to “stun-lock” long range enemy tanks. I haven’t had a problem on the first turn in getting into range so this is an extremely viable option for me however I will admit that the new GK “fortitude” ability degrades this tactic immensely.

I haven’t picked up the Talos model yet but I will definitely be magnetizing the crap out of it so I can switch between the two effortlessly.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 21:43

Ya, I have to agree with Kwi.

Although, I often run my WWP lists to include wracks with liquifiers and a Cronus with the spirit syphon, so more often than not it's a heat lance for me.

If I was going to run a Talos across the board, the haywire blaster is a good option if you still want the anti-tank.

I actually have 2 of the new model, I've only put together the Cronus so far. Pretty nice kit, I just had to switch the wracks up top.
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 23:12

I have one too, and I have to say I love the Talos model with the Ichor Injector. Even if I dont end up using it, will just say it is the extra CCW when toting the chain flail on the other arm. I am trying to keep mine as an up-close monster, and while I prefer the Pod because you dont rely on your BS, just for scatter due to the blast, the haywire seems to have it's merrits.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 09:02

extra ccw, chain-flails and haywire blaster for me. heat lance is good but only if he is coming out of the portal. otherwise if he's near enough for the heat lance then he should be able to assault it.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 00:59

Stay with the Stinger Pod.

Two blast templates are flat out murder against any kind of Infantry. Admittedly, the Talos is by far the most durable Anti-Tank mount available to the Dark Eldar, but I don't think that the Anti-Tank guns you can get for the Pain Engine are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best load out for Talos?   Best load out for Talos? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best load out for Talos?
Page 1 of 1