THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Why do they suck so bad?

Go down 
+4
Snatch
Enfernux
Mushkilla
Deyfluff
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

Why do they suck so bad? Empty
PostSubject: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:20

Mandrakes that is. I've never seen a list with them included. Why are they so terrible? On paper they seem half way decent...I love the models and am bummed about them being so awful.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:23

Everything you will ever need to know about getting mandrakes to work is in this thread:

Mandrakes!!

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:24

meh, ninjad Razz Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:25

Enfernux wrote:
meh, ninjad Razz Very Happy

It's all that incubi armour it slows you down. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:31

Thanks! I figured a thread was on here somewhere but I couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 09:32

nope, just a hangover...

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 21:24

Damn, the models look so awesome, why do they have to suck so much???

mandrakes vs meq 31 attacks, 15.5 hit, 7.75 wound, 2.58dead marines

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 22:48

I don't think that they are that bad. I can't think of a word stong enough to express my dislike for the models, so I will paraphrase a great fictional man 'I megaloathe them all'. Seriously, skin trousers? Yeah, they can be cool if done well, but in my opinion they are some of the worst models that I have ever seen (then again, that is just my opinion).

I have used Mandrakes before and found them interesting. The Baleblast attack has its uses, especially when the enemy does not prioritise destroying them quickly. When given a Pain Token via Haemie or Cronos Pain Engine and they are sat in cover people tend not to be too bothered at shooting at them. That is their mistake. You shouldn't rely on the Mandrake but I have found that it is good to have them as a support unit. Obviously I'd rather spend the points on other things, but they can be useful.

Why do they suck so bad? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Snatch
Hellion
Snatch

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 15:57

Damn, the models look so awesome, why do they have to suck so much???

mandrakes vs meq 31 attacks, 15.5 hit, 7.75 wound, 2.58 dead marines

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 16:28

Cavash wrote:
I don't think that they are that bad. I can't think of a word stong enough to express my dislike for the models, so I will paraphrase a great fictional man 'I megaloathe them all'. Seriously, skin trousers? Yeah, they can be cool if done well, but in my opinion they are some of the worst models that I have ever seen (then again, that is just my opinion).

I'm of the opposite opionion. I love the models but think the rules completely suck.

Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 19:16

Cavash wrote:

Did you see the old models? the new Anime Arabian demon things is a vast upgrade! even if perhaps out of place in my mind... unless you go for the Fremendar army...
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 22:49

Has anyone gone through and read thier entry in the get started page on games work shop's site? This is a direct quote.
Mandrakes
"Supernatural stalkers whose origins are shrouded in mystery, Mandrakes are creatures of terror that can emerge from an enemy's shadow. In battle, Mandrakes have both the Infiltrators and Stealth special rules, allowing them to strike unexpectedly and making them especially hard to shift when deployed in cover. As well as having 2 Attacks and a Strength and Toughness of 4, once they gain their first pain token Mandrakes also have a deadly ranged Balefire attack."

I wasn't aware that they had a toughness of 4... My codex doesn't seem to know this either... lol
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 23:04

Blind_Baku wrote:
Cavash wrote:

Did you see the old models? the new Anime Arabian demon things is a vast upgrade! even if perhaps out of place in my mind... unless you go for the Fremendar army...

Yes, I saw the old models, and quite frankly, I loved them. Yes, the posing wasn't to great, but the same can be said for the new models. They are all too simmilar in my opinion.

Quote :
the new Anime Arabian demon things is a vast upgrade!
In your opinion. I prefered the old models by far. I also imagined the new models as more eastern than Arabian, considering the skin Hakama.

@Bibitybopitybacon: lol. Either GW has cheated us out of T4 Mandrakes or they are trying to poke salt in our wounds!

Why do they suck so bad? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 01:57

Heck if they made them toughness 4 and made it so the nightfeind had altered physique id take em! Either that or give them rending or some such. They came out with a white dwarf update for some demon models so I guess we could hope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do they suck so bad?   Why do they suck so bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do they suck so bad?
Page 1 of 1