THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lady Malys

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
somerandomdude
Hellion

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 00:43

Does the icy-hearted Archon let us cheat the reserve rules?

Normally we are allowed to reserve only half of our army, but she lets you redeploy d3 units, including putting them into reserve. Since this is seperate from the actual deployment/reserves step, does it circumvent those rules?

If so, this ability won't be useless anymore if going second.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 09:48

I would say it does since the individual codex takes presedens over the rulebook and the FAQ didn't adress the subject. So go ahead, it sounds deliciously devious Twisted Evil

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 11:37

Its an interesting question. The rules say that you can choose to not to deploy up to half of your units, so I would say no you cannot, but then the codex says (even back into reserve)

Double-post merged. /mod

Wych
Enfernux

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 11:50

well, this is after deployment, but before the game starts, so the rules considering deployment arent in effect at that time, because this is a RE-deployment, and since there are no rules concerning RE-deployment and reserves...go screw yourself, ima gona starz megamez in rezervzi XD

Edit: this will need to be FAQd :S but untill then... Twisted Evil

Edit2.0: wait just a dog-gone minute! Doesnt this make haemonculy to be able to be deployed with mandrakes, considering you redeploy a haem to a squad of drakes?(!?)

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Ben_S
Sybarite

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 16:01

Enfernux wrote:

Edit2.0: wait just a dog-gone minute! Doesnt this make haemonculy to be able to be deployed with mandrakes, considering you redeploy a haem to a squad of drakes?(!?)

I'm not sure what you're thinking. Are you thinking that he's not allowed to DEPLOY with them (because they're infiltrators), but nothing stops him REDEPLOYING with them? If that's the thought, I'm not convinced. Re-deploying is just deploying again, just like a re-roll is rolling again.

I do think that, since Malys's ability specifically says that she can send units back into reserve, she can do so (unless and until FAQed).
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 16:21

Quote :
After both sides have deployed at the start of the game, the dark eldar player may redeploy D3 unites in his army, including placing them in reserves.

AFTER deployment, AT the START of the game. So deployment is off, we are start...no, wait, i still redeploy, and there are no rules on redeployment, except that she can also put stuff in reserve. That being said, this isnt deployment anymore, so the deployment of infiltrators and the restrictions, for they are already deployed, are off as well.

That is until FAQed Very Happy

Edit: no i am NOT redeploying the Mandrakes, only the lone haem, so the mandrakes redeployment of infiltrator restrictions dont confer, for they are already there and are not using the infiltrator rules for the repositioning of the haem ^^

Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 17:35

Enfernux wrote:
.no, wait, i still redeploy, and there are no rules on redeployment, except that she can also put stuff in reserve. That being said, this isnt deployment anymore, so the deployment of infiltrators and the restrictions, for they are already deployed, are off as well.

By that logic, you don't even need the Mandrakes, because if there are no rules on redeployment what says the Haemonculus has to be in your deployment zone in the first place?

I'm working RAI/what I think should happen here, because I don't have the RAW before me, but I assume the redeployment still has to be a legal deployment. The back to reserves thing is special because it's explicitly stated that she can do that (and even there I wouldn't be surprised if a later FAQ said she couldn't exceed the normal reserves limit).
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 17:40

well...if i play a wwp list, being redeployed in to a squad 12" away from the enemy...that is just juicy Smile and since the drakes are already infiltrated, their infiltrator rule isnt used for the deployment in redeploying.
Aaaaaand, the drakes get their bladeblast and fnp, although not through deployment with the haem, but going over that rule with redep ^^

this is like scout move: doesnt count toward the normal movement, so you dont get jink, redeploy isnt deploy, for it is done after deployment and all scout and infultrators ARE deployed, so their rules on the specific placement are ignored, because the arent done at that time. This needs to be FAQd yes, but pleasepleaseplease make this happen! This will be a great boost to drakes and i would even use them - and on this pattern, already have a list w 2 full squads of them Smile

Edit: and a nightfiend, because of the ld9 ^^

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 22:56

Enfernux wrote:
well...if i play a wwp list, being redeployed in to a squad 12" away from the enemy...that is just juicy Smile and since the drakes are already infiltrated, their infiltrator rule isnt used for the deployment in redeploying.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this has been FAQ'd already

Wych
Enfernux

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 23:01

1++ wrote:
Spoiler:

*sheds a ghost tear for the memory of this great idea, for as usuall GW destroy what could be used to get the edge...and goez to getz a zammich*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lady Malys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys   Lady Malys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Malys
Page 1 of 1